Planning of the 2016 Two-Stroke Ride Weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be worth a call and see what the week price is with the advertised 15% off for booking early.... Then we could have a whole week? Just thinking out loud, if we had 15 peeps or more it might still make sense. Just thinking out loud, I know I'd be willing to go in a bit more and get down there earlier.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Might be worth a call and see what the week price is with the advertised 15% off for booking early.... Then we could have a whole week? Just thinking out loud, if we had 15 peeps or more it might still make sense. Just thinking out loud, I know I'd be willing to go in a bit more and get down there earlier.

The way I read that 15% discount is that the reservation needed to be in Jan/Feb, not just the booking. I'm assuming an "off season" discount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I have details now on the other house will post later. Work getting in the way!!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

That place with the beach is incredible! Unfortunately all my vacation time and money is already spoken for this year. Hopefully I can catch up with you all on the next one!

Oh gotcha... I was thinking maybe if you booked/payed in Jan Feb you could get a discount but I'm guessing you are right.

Having a boat ramp at the house should be a priority I think. Depending on the location a public launch might be a little ways

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Having a boat ramp at the house should be a priority I think. Depending on the location a public launch might be a little ways

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Or have a neighborhood ramp or something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Here are the details on the Carolina Hideaway http://carolinahideaway.com/

The guy finally called me back and was really cool about all the questions I had. He said a group of 12-15 is absolutely no issue at all, they just cannot support weddings of 50+. He stated the real issue is the neighbors in that as soon as the headcount gets close to 20, he immediately gets a call from them and they try to get him kicked out of the lake association. So this is good for a smaller group, but can't really be a base camp for everyone staying at various places.

There is a Public Boat Ramp across the channel which is a 2 minute ride by water, but 10 minutes by car. Can definitely use this for vehicle/trailer parking and shuttle ppl across the lake quickly. There are also bars/restaurants around the boat ramp. This makes me wonder if there are hotels/motels close as well.

Parking right next to the house can handle 3-4 cars without trailers. Extended circular driveway can handle another 6-7 cars without trailers. Popular things with guests are the boathouse bar, fire pit, and theatre room.

That doesn't sound like a place for a bunch of dudes on skis. Especially if the neighbors are gonna bitch as soon as they hear some of these skis start up.

yea thats what i was thinking, does this lake have a sand bar or something? where we could all stay where ever and just meet at?

Well regardless I booked a room at the Lake Norman Motel. Can cancel later even though that bit me for the last meet-up due to work, lol. Staying thurs-sun.

That doesn't sound like a place for a bunch of dudes on skis. Especially if the neighbors are gonna bitch as soon as they hear some of these skis start up.

Yeah really. Plus, there doesnt look like there much ski parking. A place with a beach would be ideal. We dont want to leave cars at a public launch either. Every year I hear stories of people getting their cars broken into overnight at a public launch.

yea thats what i was thinking, does this lake have a sand bar or something? where we could all stay where ever and just meet at?

Yeah there are, the main one is on the south side. There might be others but I only know the south side of lake norman. I normally ride wylie. The sandbars on wylie get wild but thats a different story

Well regardless I booked a room at the Lake Norman Motel. Can cancel later even though that bit me for the last meet-up due to work, lol. Staying thurs-sun.
How much was it a night?

Ahhh ok so their website is right. Wasn't sure if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back