Members Unite!! Lake Norman NC Ride May 20-21

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so here is a video I assembled from GoPro footage. I know that Jess and Tonka have better boat stuff, but this was my first time with this stuff. Hard to film with a nose mounted camera in the middle of a swarm of bees! And with my daughter on the back of the ski.. Anyway, I think it captures much of the weekend on the water. I hope you enjoy!

Soccerdad, Seadoo Dad, Soccerfamily, SoccerDon......

[video=youtube;By7FM10voF8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7FM10voF8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7FM10voF8&feature=youtu.be (direct link)

We never got to line them all up either. We'll have to do this again sometime.

It was good to get my skis out and run them. There were little things wrong that got exposed and I've been tightening those loose ends the past couple evenings. Luckily the Racepak Hottach in my Big Red GSX dried out and came back to life. I'm gonna make that one my tester and I broke out a new one for the ski so it does not fail me again when it rains.

[MENTION=69521]soccerdad[/MENTION]

Love the vid, the feeding frenzy was cool. Great job. I really wish I could have gotten there. Loving the pics, keep them coming.

382.jpg
383.jpg
384.jpg
385.jpg
386.jpg
387.jpg
388.jpg
389.jpg

Awesome!, a picture of me on the Big Red Racing ski! I think it fits me well... Hey Matt, I have room in my garage to store it for you if you run out of space..... And I'll only take it out for Sunday rides (just to keep things lubed up.......) :drool5:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it was an awesome gathering. Very few breakdowns, great people, good food, and insane Seadoo passion. Thank you everyone for putting this on and having me attend. I can't wait for the next!

Special thanks to Matt and Whiskey!

Great pics guys.

Thanks to Nick and Jess for making that drive(one from Minn, other from Texas) and giving us the T-shirts. Each of those guys brought a couple cool modified skis. The soreness is just now wearing off from chasing them around the lake while they harassed boats for the wake they wanted kicked up. It was like a couple of lyons chasing after an elephant every time. When they finally got a big one to slow down they went to town flying across the wake back and forth pulling off X-Games style mid air tricks.

Anekenyou was out there with us and Kingsspeedshop was also till he fowled a plug and had to turn back for the house.

Great pics guys.

Thanks to Nick and Jess for making that drive(one from Minn, other from Texas) and giving us the T-shirts. Each of those guys brought a couple cool modified skis. The soreness is just now wearing off from chasing them around the lake while they harassed boats for the wake they wanted kicked up. It was like a couple of lyons chasing after an elephant every time. When they finally got a big one to slow down they went to town flying across the wake back and forth pulling off X-Games style mid air tricks.

Anekenyou was out there with us and Kingsspeedshop was also till he fowled a plug and had to turn back for the house.
Yeah that was a blast other than my DESS post giving up and causing my ski to cut out on any decent sized wave. It was fun to watch those guys doing supermans though, lol.

Great freeride everyone! Really good time and great people at this event. I didn't get to ride as much as I wanted because mine leaned out but hey I still rode. I think 90% of the pictures that have me in it are of me working on my turd on the lake house ramp haha.

Thanks to Whiskey and gf for setting up the lake house and cooking.

Thanks to Nick and Jess on making the longest of the trips and the great Lobstas, and t-shirts!

Thanks to Don soccerdad and family for the cooking and hospitality and everything Saturday evening.

Thanks to Matt for letting me ride the red GSX, love love that ski.

Also thanks to everyone who came, was a pleasure to meet in person, all around great group.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back