Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Braley

Premium Member
Premium Member
Well it's been a while since we met at a lake front Hotel in central Florida. Many members could not make it or were not as active in the forum chatter back then. It sounds like there is a lot of support around the east coast in either Georgia or North Carolina(or where ever?). Now is the time and here is the place to put our ideas together and come up with a time and place that the majority of us interested members can support.

For me it's about putting faces to the names and showing of the skis I've put together. I would be willing to do a lot of driving and be able to bring three skis that I'll be trying to get y'all to try the whole time. I don't mind bundling up to get it done, Like Nick I have more time in the winter.

Let's get it going. I want participation here. You got several hundred posts or more? You better start explaining now to the wife, lol.

Well there's two members I'd like to ride with right off the bat.

Lou are you bringing the GSX or the XP800?

Perfect...Thanks to Adam I cannot say no. Sooner the better to nail down the dates and where. My brother Jess will likely attend too.:cheers:

I'm in and would put my lake house (15 minutes off I-95 near the NC/VA border) in the pot for possible locations.

Riding with you famous X4 gurus will be epic :)

I'd highly recommend at least May. Even if it's like the first weekend in May. Winter in the south was brutal last year and shaping up to be the same.

Oh and def in if we do mpowers. :) I'm sure pghman, and idoseadoo (as well as 1983 already saying he's down) would be up for that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'd rather get ahead of the cold then behind it but will support whatever we come up with. It's shaping up to be quite an X4 show.

I think a host hotel with a boat ramp should be part of the plan. Mpowers offer is awesome if there are only a few. It sounds like the window for riding up there is closing fast though.

Give me some kind of an address. And do you have a general date in mind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great to hear the support. See we can't be throwing 12 to 20 of us(or more?) on Mpower's couch haha.

Just looking at the map and it seems Kentucky or Tenn is about a central point. How do you guys feel about Cumberland or something around the Nashville area? I'm happy to be further south but willing to drive and don't want to put it out of reach for Northern members.

Cumberland is awesome I go there annually and just returned from a houseboat trip there. The marina situation isn't really ideal for lots of skis though as its very deep and few floating ski docks. The ramps are also a pain to go in/out each night since u are in the mountains. There are no lake houses there so nothing to rent on the water other than at a marina with condos or camping.

Norris is an hour or so further south but there are lake houses with docks all over for rent. Can usually get a decent deal on VRBO.com this late. I'd be up for either though depending on the date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

This sounds awesome, I'm def. interested! So we're thinking next year or try to catch the tail end of this one? It's already cooling down in NC.

OH man if you guys are trying to catch this year.....I'll see ya at the next one. Probably only a handful of warm weekends left for me. I've done plenty of cold weather motorcycle riding to know that sucks and I don't need to do it again. I could only imagine cold jet ski riding. HAH!

OH man if you guys are trying to catch this year.....I'll see ya at the next one. Probably only a handful of warm weekends left for me. I've done plenty of cold weather motorcycle riding to know that sucks and I don't need to do it again. I could only imagine cold jet ski riding. HAH!
Yeah I'll ride up until the end of October early November if we have unseasonably warm weather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

that's why, If people are going to make the trip, go all out and come to the furthest point south.:cheers:

Yeah I'll ride up until the end of October early November if we have unseasonably warm weather.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yup! I think I made it to mid October last year before I was like eff this. I have ridden before in Feb on one of those random days where it's 80* out.

I'm definitely in! I'd vote for NC (Lake Norman or NC coast?). Norman is a nice lake and has a ton of massive boats so its great for jumping. There are also some nice spots on the NC coast where guys do free rides, Freeman park comes to mind but i'm sure theres a few more. The GA lakes are nice too and might be a bit warmer depending on the time of year.

Yea, if you can handle 3 hours on an x4 in the open ocean, your next problem is fuel. I believe my x4 has like a 30 mi range. Maybe! The biggest tank you can put in there is 12 gal which is a mere 25% improvement. Then there is the issue of reliability. In my experience, 2 strokes quit without warning, so personally, I wouldn't even attempt the journey on anything but a 4 stroke. But it is on the bucket list. Some day there will be a thread here just like this to go to Bimini :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back