Hello to all fellow Sea-Doo members

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I'm new to the forum and thought I would say hello. My name is Leon I'm a self Employed I.T consultant with a love of the outdoors and I live in Shropshire in the West Midlands.

I have a great Son who is like my best friend and shares various hobbies with me, mainly anything with an engine or motor, like Dirt bikes, quad bikes, radio controlled helicopters, drones etc. My son loves to tinker in the workshop and knows more about engines and electronics than I do.

I'm a bit of a petrol head and I'm really into my German cars and also a member of a few well known M3 and Merc forums.

My wife puts up with a lot of our activities but I keep her well oiled with Pinot Grigio to compensate. She's got a full service history and is in original OEM condition.

I've been dreaming of getting a PWC ever since I first saw one when I was a child.
The first time I actually had a go on one was as an adult on holiday in Mexico a few years a go. I was fairly hooked immediately. I said to my Fiance at the time (now the wife/her indoors for those who watched only fools and horses) that as soon as we got back to the UK we needed to get a caravan as a base in Wales and I needed to get a Jet Ski/PWC to use at the weekends/on holidays.

We did just that and she located a caravan site in Snowdonia Wales. After my wallet recovered from the Caravan purchase I then started looking at PWDs as I needed to get out on the water. I actually initially purchased a Fletcher 'Speedboat' which was massively under powered with a massive 8hp outboard. I started paying to get launched from Pwhhelli Wales, I quickly realised that it sucked and was fed up by seals and seagulls over taking me.

Next I purchased another Fletcher speedboat with a more respectable 60HP outboard. This was far better and could hit 32MPH on a calm day. I started taking my son out in the Boat for fishing trips and general James Bond action. I'll never forget the look on his face when he caught the his first ever fish, which happened to be 5 fairly large Mackerel all at the same time just off St Tudwells (Bear Grylls) Island. Now I'm 100% 'Hooked' on being out in the sea.

We would see the odd PWCs out on our adventures and they always seemed like they were having more fun than us.

After a couple of years I then purchased a larger fishing boat, an Orkney 590TT with a fairly new Mercury 60 HP EFI Command Thurst engine and a Mercury 4 HP engine. I kitted it out with a nice Garmin Fish finder, and generally emptied my wallet on other bits.

Roll forward a few more years, I wasn't really getting value for money as the boat was kept in a boat yard where the annual costs are fairly eye watering even if you don't use the boat.

I knew I didn't want to keep paying the annual fees but I also knew I needed to get out on the water and also ideally on something that my Son and I could throw the odd rod over and do a bit of fishing.

Last year I think I walked into my local (to my caravan) Sea-Doo dealer in Portmadog and saw what looked like something out of a James Bond film, a Sea-Doo Fish Pro Scout, complete with Cooler, Rod Holders, Martini Holder, and Fish Finder. I started thinking I have to have one of these bad boys.

Roll forward until 2 months a go, I sold the Orkney fishing boat, and whilst I was sad to see it go because of the memories etc I quickly turned to looking at getting a Jet Ski/PWC.

I wasn't sure if I was going to stretch to a new or newish Sea-Doo Fish Pro so started looking at Yamaha Waverunners or Sea-Doos etc. After doing the research I was drawn to the Sea-Doos closed loop cooling system and the what I know now as the incredible IBR braking system. That with the local dealer to me is a Sea-Doo dealer it was a no brainer.

So now its, Sea-Doo or swim.

Managed to get a basically new 2022 Fish Pro Scout with 4 hours on it still under manufacture warranty and immaculate as you would expect, sitting on a SBS trailer.

My son and I have only so far put 3.5 hours on it and we're still running it in but these are my initial thoughts.

Wow wow wow and wow. What a machine, seems really well built in all departments, big enough for the both of us, plenty of storage for fishing rods/gear.

A total doddle to pilot/ride, handles the waves no issues, appears to have masses of smooth power (remember I'm coming from a fishing boat).

We (well I did lol) even caught mackerel again off Bear Grylls island near Abersoch after about 10 mins of trying.

I know it's early days but it seems like a really well thought out package.

I'm now 100% a Sea-Doo lover, what a cracking machine and what a cracking bunch of people I've already met in and around the Sea-Doo dealership and out on the water.

This forum looks amazing to be fair so a BIG shout out to all the admins and members for making it a great place.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you out on the water or around.

Regards,

Leon.

P.S We've also got an amazing 2 year old German Shepherd called Max, I'm not sure about taking him on the ski but he used to love the boat and he looks pretty cool in sunglasses and his PFD.

Hi Leon, I'm new here too really, I love my ski a lot. Just learning to handle it. Already had my ass handed to me in the ocean. Be careful and have a blast.

I'm new to the forum and thought I would say hello. My name is Leon I'm a self Employed I.T consultant with a love of the outdoors and I live in Shropshire in the West Midlands.

I have a great Son who is like my best friend and shares various hobbies with me, mainly anything with an engine or motor, like Dirt bikes, quad bikes, radio controlled helicopters, drones etc. My son loves to tinker in the workshop and knows more about engines and electronics than I do.

I'm a bit of a petrol head and I'm really into my German cars and also a member of a few well known M3 and Merc forums.

My wife puts up with a lot of our activities but I keep her well oiled with Pinot Grigio to compensate. She's got a full service history and is in original OEM condition.

I've been dreaming of getting a PWC ever since I first saw one when I was a child.
The first time I actually had a go on one was as an adult on holiday in Mexico a few years a go. I was fairly hooked immediately. I said to my Fiance at the time (now the wife/her indoors for those who watched only fools and horses) that as soon as we got back to the UK we needed to get a caravan as a base in Wales and I needed to get a Jet Ski/PWC to use at the weekends/on holidays.

We did just that and she located a caravan site in Snowdonia Wales. After my wallet recovered from the Caravan purchase I then started looking at PWDs as I needed to get out on the water. I actually initially purchased a Fletcher 'Speedboat' which was massively under powered with a massive 8hp outboard. I started paying to get launched from Pwhhelli Wales, I quickly realised that it sucked and was fed up by seals and seagulls over taking me.

Next I purchased another Fletcher speedboat with a more respectable 60HP outboard. This was far better and could hit 32MPH on a calm day. I started taking my son out in the Boat for fishing trips and general James Bond action. I'll never forget the look on his face when he caught the his first ever fish, which happened to be 5 fairly large Mackerel all at the same time just off St Tudwells (Bear Grylls) Island. Now I'm 100% 'Hooked' on being out in the sea.

We would see the odd PWCs out on our adventures and they always seemed like they were having more fun than us.

After a couple of years I then purchased a larger fishing boat, an Orkney 590TT with a fairly new Mercury 60 HP EFI Command Thurst engine and a Mercury 4 HP engine. I kitted it out with a nice Garmin Fish finder, and generally emptied my wallet on other bits.

Roll forward a few more years, I wasn't really getting value for money as the boat was kept in a boat yard where the annual costs are fairly eye watering even if you don't use the boat.

I knew I didn't want to keep paying the annual fees but I also knew I needed to get out on the water and also ideally on something that my Son and I could throw the odd rod over and do a bit of fishing.

Last year I think I walked into my local (to my caravan) Sea-Doo dealer in Portmadog and saw what looked like something out of a James Bond film, a Sea-Doo Fish Pro Scout, complete with Cooler, Rod Holders, Martini Holder, and Fish Finder. I started thinking I have to have one of these bad boys.

Roll forward until 2 months a go, I sold the Orkney fishing boat, and whilst I was sad to see it go because of the memories etc I quickly turned to looking at getting a Jet Ski/PWC.

I wasn't sure if I was going to stretch to a new or newish Sea-Doo Fish Pro so started looking at Yamaha Waverunners or Sea-Doos etc. After doing the research I was drawn to the Sea-Doos closed loop cooling system and the what I know now as the incredible IBR braking system. That with the local dealer to me is a Sea-Doo dealer it was a no brainer.

So now its, Sea-Doo or swim.

Managed to get a basically new 2022 Fish Pro Scout with 4 hours on it still under manufacture warranty and immaculate as you would expect, sitting on a SBS trailer.

My son and I have only so far put 3.5 hours on it and we're still running it in but these are my initial thoughts.

Wow wow wow and wow. What a machine, seems really well built in all departments, big enough for the both of us, plenty of storage for fishing rods/gear.

A total doddle to pilot/ride, handles the waves no issues, appears to have masses of smooth power (remember I'm coming from a fishing boat).

We (well I did lol) even caught mackerel again off Bear Grylls island near Abersoch after about 10 mins of trying.

I know it's early days but it seems like a really well thought out package.

I'm now 100% a Sea-Doo lover, what a cracking machine and what a cracking bunch of people I've already met in and around the Sea-Doo dealership and out on the water.

This forum looks amazing to be fair so a BIG shout out to all the admins and members for making it a great place.

Hopefully I'll meet some of you out on the water or around.

Regards,

Leon.

P.S We've also got an amazing 2 year old German Shepherd called Max, I'm not sure about taking him on the ski but he used to love the boat and he looks pretty cool in sunglasses and his PFD.
Hi Lenny, I have a fish pro sport and love it too! It's a wild machine to fish from for sure. First PWC I ever owned or even been on. Very powerful acceleration curve. I'm pretty new here too. Hope you continue to have a blast.

Back