RESTO Summer SDF / SDO get together feeler thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnetonka4me

Premium Member
Premium Member
Summer 2017 SDF / SDO get together feeler thread

I will start another thread once we decide this is the route we are going take.

As some of you know, the owner of Blowsion John Dady died in August. He was in his mid 40s and left behind a wife and 2 kids. I was lucky enough to get to know him thanks to him sponsoring our local Sortie event and also World Finals.

Many of you also know Wayne and some of the other NE guys like Chris, Joe, Sal, Steve...etc. That crew is quite tight thanks to a good racing scene. They have also been putting on "Jetfest" which is a great freeride. I have personally been a sponsor for many years, and this will be their 10th year of the event.

I pulled this from the description of their Facebook page: ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/adkjetskiclub/ )

For 2017 the annual event known as JetFest has been renamed to celebrate the life and achievements of John Dady, creator, owner and operator of Blowsion. John’s influence within the industry is immeasurable – and in speaking with members of his Blowsion family prior to this announcement, their description of John is spot on, “John was the kind of guy who if you spoke to him for five minutes he made you feel as though you had known him for twenty years”.

The “2017 Blowsion Northeast John Dady Memorial PWC Rally” will continue the traditions and standards established by former JetFest events. 2017 marks year ten (10) of this annual event, along with the return of the Adirondack Jetski Club (AJC), an American Watercraft Association (AWA) official charter club. The AJC conceptualized and executed some of the first ever organized recreational pwc events in the region and will reunite to host this milestone event. Memorializing and celebrating the life of a true pioneer and goodhearted fun-loving approachable person is a humbling honor not being taken lightly by the AJC.

In order to generate a charitable donation for John’s beneficiaries, the 2017 Blowsion Northeast John Dady Memorial PWC Rally will offer an unprecedented four (4) personal watercraft (winners need not be present to win but would be responsible for shipping costs). Individually numbered Memorial decals will be available through the AJC Support Member Program for purchase online and in person onsite. Online Support Member Program registration will be available at www.adkjetskiclub.org January 1, 2017 through June 1, 2017

The event will also return to http://www.dec.ny.gov/ in Mayfield, NY This full service camping facility located in the heart of New York’s Adirondack Mountain region on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake makes for economically affordable waterfront accommodations in the heart of the event venue. Local hotels are also within reasonable driving distance – more info to follow.

As in years past, this event is welcome to all personal watercraft, not just stand ups or not just sit downs. The AJC are enthusiasts of all makes and models of pwc’s and encourage ever segment of the community to engage in this family friendly type of event. Ride formats are structured to include every style of pwc from touring models to stand ups. This unique conglomeration of watercraft has proven to be enjoyable for all disciplines of the community and has resulted in years of fun riding.

In order to secure exclusive access of the large public beach located at the campgrounds the AJC is currently working with the state regulating authority to determine the June date of the 2017 event. Further information will be made available accordingly.

Thank you all for the years of support and great times on the water. Please monitor this official event page for further details – and don’t be afraid to ask questions as many of prior years’ participants are eager to offer answers and suggestions.

The event is locked in for June 16-18th 2017. We could do a couple extra days, but the raffle is the 17th.

Since they have decided to donate the proceeds to John's family the who's who in the industry has committed support. I mean everyone. I will edit once Kevin gets me the updated list but you wont believe it.

I have wanted to go to this event for years but its in my peak working season. This year Im going. I see this being the biggest and best freeride ever put on to date. I think if we all band together as the Seadoo group, we can even step it up another level.

Now, I know that alot of the group that has shown up previously is down in the southeast, but we have lots of members up that way like Dan, Martin, and Jason to name a few.

So I propose....

That our 2017 main Seadoo get together be at this event. Obviously we need to decide if this is the route we are taking.

If we can agree on this being the place I also propose we start looking for a sick rental house.

Westside Powersports WILL do another Lobster night.

I am also thinking if we all band together that we could all donate to build up a raffle Seadoo. I could be the builder, but if someone else would like to be in charge of that I would rather donate as WSPS and get different companies to donate to the build.

I know this is alot to digest but I wanted to get the dialog started and make a hard decision before Xmas. Brainstorm. Talk. BS. Id sure like to make this all happen!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be down for this but not 100% if I like the big get togethers but once again I have never been apart of something like that. I will help in any way that I can tho.

I like the big get togethers to a certain extent but the "seadoo only" gatherings would attract more members. IMO

But I'm down either way

I do think we could get a big enough summer crowd to do a seadoo raffle with a seadoo only ride if we pulled in the Facebook seadoo owners group

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw pictures with alot of seadoos there last year. I know that we focus on seadoos but our industry and the people in it for the most part are really great people. Even though most seadoo guys have no reason to call Blowsion, John was a pioneer in our industry.

3 events in the Southwest, let go northwest, then 2018 it will be Midwest. You guys can always do a South event in the fall, I might even be able to make it next year.

All I know is our Saturday night in North Carolina is a night ill never forget. Get to hang out with Wayne too!

It's 17 hours from me per Google, so I'm out. The next ride closer to here I definitely want to make an effort to attend.

Looks like its about 13-14hrs for me. I would like to try and make it since I was planning on driving all the way to the Ozarks. One thing though... wont the water be cold as hell in June that far north!?

Come east where we have water, LOL.

Your not kidding. Our last "big storm" dropped 0.64" at the lake and the lake just laughed still sitting at 20%. The launch ramp runs out at 25% capacity.
On a better note Los Angeles freeways had 200 accidents in an 8 hour period of rain.

I would be in, it's a 5 hr drive for me. I ride this lake a few times a year it's the perfect lake for a get together. If u have any questions about the lake let me know.

I would be in, it's a 5 hr drive for me. I ride this lake a few times a year it's the perfect lake for a get together. If u have any questions about the lake let me know.

Come up and Race the first race it May 20/21 Sports Island Pub..

For 2017 the annual event known as JetFest has been renamed to celebrate the life and achievements of John Dady, creator, owner and operator of Blowsion. John’s influence within the industry is immeasurable – and in speaking with members of his Blowsion family prior to this announcement, their description of John is spot on, “John was the kind of guy who if you spoke to him for five minutes he made you feel as though you had known him for twenty years”.

The “2017 Blowsion Northeast John Dady Memorial PWC Rally” will continue the traditions and standards established by former JetFest events. 2017 marks year ten (10) of this annual event, along with the return of the Adirondack Jetski Club (AJC), an American Watercraft Association (AWA) official charter club. The AJC conceptualized and executed some of the first ever organized recreational pwc events in the region and will reunite to host this milestone event. Memorializing and celebrating the life of a true pioneer and goodhearted fun-loving approachable person is a humbling honor not being taken lightly by the AJC.

In order to generate a charitable donation for John’s beneficiaries, the 2017 Blowsion Northeast John Dady Memorial PWC Rally will offer an unprecedented four (4) personal watercraft (winners need not be present to win but would be responsible for shipping costs). Individually numbered Memorial decals will be available through the AJC Support Member Program for purchase online and in person onsite. Online Support Member Program registration will be available at www.adkjetskiclub.org January 1, 2017 through June 1, 2017

The event will also return to http://www.dec.ny.gov/ in Mayfield, NY This full service camping facility located in the heart of New York’s Adirondack Mountain region on the shores of the Great Sacandaga Lake makes for economically affordable waterfront accommodations in the heart of the event venue. Local hotels are also within reasonable driving distance – more info to follow.

As in years past, this event is welcome to all personal watercraft, not just stand ups or not just sit downs. The AJC are enthusiasts of all makes and models of pwc’s and encourage ever segment of the community to engage in this family friendly type of event. Ride formats are structured to include every style of pwc from touring models to stand ups. This unique conglomeration of watercraft has proven to be enjoyable for all disciplines of the community and has resulted in years of fun riding.

In order to secure exclusive access of the large public beach located at the campgrounds the AJC is currently working with the state regulating authority to determine the June date of the 2017 event. Further information will be made available accordingly.

Thank you all for the years of support and great times on the water. Please monitor this official event page for further details – and don’t be afraid to ask questions as many of prior years’ participants are eager to offer answers and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back