2002 gtx di

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

motobub52

I'm trying to help a friend with this ski we were told the encoder ring or something in that area is bad when we pulled the new rebuilt motor the mag had bolts missing that holds the flywheel and encoder together but doesn't looked moved not sure how to tell if it's been messed with and is there a way to test the crank positioning sensor (cps) wile I have the motor out I don't want to pull this thing again

I would go look on Ebay for the flywheel for that particular ski. Sometimes in their pictures you can see what you need to see to determine if the parts you have are assembled correctly. I have done this trying to identify the proper flywheel and such. I have a parts pile and sometimes I need to identify the correct part. I probably have a DI flywheel in my pile. Post some pictures of the alignment of yours and I'll check it against mine.

The information you are seeking on the Crank sensor and all the sensors will be one of the plugs on the MPEM. The values are in the Seadoo Manual. Be careful removing those plugs on the MPEM. After you push the pin release DON'T PULL on the release pin area. They will easily break. Be gentle with them, use two hands and wiggle from top to bottom.

What makes you think you have a crank problem?

Back