Planning of the 2016 Two-Stroke Ride Weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
244.jpg

245.jpg

I probably won't bail. It seams like a good place and if we buy it out it would be even better. Looks like they have some sand bars / beaches we could take over.

I'm down to go in with a group on a killer pad. I do know the wife is going to want a bed and room though lol. That's if she comes

can someone paying closer attention to this summarize the dates & what the landing is so I can move forward on this. I need to squeeze this around another trip but I think i'm good.

link for the hotel ?

edit:
after poking around briefly the hotel is a convenient option and fine but i'm thinking that a house works pretty dam well, big or small, lots of 3/2's under 200-250 a night all within reasonable distance driving and by water.

I just need to know what we would expect to be the launching point and i'll look for something close to that. < the lake doesn't look huge so it seems that most options work pretty well unless i'm at the extreme opposite end.

I'll probably just pair up with a local that I drag up or another member or two, get something nice with a good view and figure out later where the group is going to hang after sunset. I know where we'll be during daylight.

http://www.landingatthelake.com/lake-norman-hotel/

Im staying thursday (check in was around 10 she said) and im leaving monday moring. So the dates would be may 19th,20th, 21st, 22nd, the 23 ill leave to come home.

I think [MENTION=77343]Ankeneyou[/MENTION] is staying 20th , 21st and coming home the 22....

From what i know this is the most current info...????

I arrive on thurs the 19th and leave on Sunday the 22nd.

I'm still game for the house if we can find something but I wanted to be sure I had a place to stay if that doesn't work out. If the house gets worked out, I'll cancel the Landing.

I think someone was going to start a separate thread with the final details.

Last edited by a moderator:
That one Adam posted looks awesome too. I know I've seen it before but I cant remember where it is exactly

If we are to get a house I think these are the most important points in order..

Being able to pull up a ski, preferably on sand.

fairly close to a launch.

Fairly close to the Norman Hotel

Hot tub. ;)

I sure wish we could get that awesome place Adam found but we would have to have a fairly large group willing to show up early to justify paying for a week. I just dont think we can "hope" it stays available. I wonder if we could talk them into a little more $$ but not a weeks rate and allow us to have thurs-sunday.

Now that I think about it, Its prob worth a try. #1 we can show how serious we are, and #2...might be willing to budge knowing we cant wait till the last minute and we are considering other places.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leaning toward the landing. If a nice house is found soon I might jump on otherwise I'll be getting my Landing room nailed down. I like the way everyone gets their own space with no chance of pissed landlord withholding a deposit or some chit. Perhaps I'm too nervous about that, been through some crazy spring breaks back in the day hehe.

I'd like to bring the wife but I know she's not gonna want to leave her little dog. Hopefully they are cool with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back