Planning of the 2016 Two-Stroke Ride Weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds good to me! I was wanting to stay in a huge house but figured it would be too hard to get organized. I'm down to do thurs-monday

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No, they are talking about like a reception or catered event I would imagine. I think If we ass kiss about how we will leave it as nice as when we got there and even raked out the sand...if they dont mind us making a bunch of jetski noise were in!

Man that place looks awesome. I would love to be there for a weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm into it. I just don't want some guy showing up all pissed off and freaking out on us in the middle of our good time. Please be honest about who we are and what we do. It's gonna be a hell of a Rotax powered hornets nest!

I'd just say it's a few friends who want to ride jet skis, I'm sure they will be fine with it
That's what I was thinking. Say it's a group of friends who haven't seen each other in a while, some familes, some single guys that wanted to rent a big house, visit and ride skis.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

I'm into it. I just don't want some guy showing up all pissed off and freaking out on us in the middle of our good time. Please be honest about who we are and what we do. It's gonna be a hell of a Rotax powered hornets nest!

Exactly, this guy has neighbors that are a phone call away. I've heard stories before were people rented a place and they were rowdy and the owner actually lived next door, not good.

Exactly, this guy has neighbors that are a phone call away. I've heard stories before were people rented a place and they were rowdy and the owner actually lived next door, not good.
Especially when they already have your money. And no one reads all of the fine print on the agreements . I'm also kind of like spim I like my own personal space( sleep in, take a nap if hung over ect)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

FWIW we went thru a few brews in GA, but overall its a pretty well behaved mature group I think y'all would be fine in a big place.

i'd still like my own privacy but that's personal preference, once I commit I'll poke around and find out what works best for me, (dates are a factor for me, i'll be traveling to Ireland in May as well)

The group in GA was great. We all enjoyed a few beers but in no way did anyone get out of control.

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

so are you guys thinking of making the main spot at a house like this and getting away from the landing?

I'd prefer a house with a nice beach and dock honestly. The Landing was really cool but we'll have so much more room to hang out in a big house like that. I'll do some cooking for us all and we can do catering one night as well. We'll have one hell of a time if we can rent a house on the Huntersville side of the lake. We can go out at night and do all kinds of stuff. Plus, if we stay on the East side, we'll be close to all the big boats. Not saying there aren't any big boats on the west side, but I rarely go up that way since the south east part of the lake keeps me busy!

I'd prefer a house with a nice beach and dock honestly. The Landing was really cool but we'll have so much more room to hang out in a big house like that. I'll do some cooking for us all and we can do catering one night as well. We'll have one hell of a time if we can rent a house on the Huntersville side of the lake. We can go out at night and do all kinds of stuff. Plus, if we stay on the East side, we'll be close to all the big boats. Not saying there aren't any big boats on the west side, but I rarely go up that way since the south east part of the lake keeps me busy!

i understand what your saying, I think there will be more people than what we think come to this. I know last time you had a little group of people. Some people will be bring friends/family with them this time. thats why i kinda liked the idea of the landing or another place like that seeing it was just a starting point. i guess even if you guys get a house people will have to find other places to stay.

I'm down for anything.. Either way we are going to have to have multiple places if a bunch of people showed up. Some of my riding buddies will probably stop by too so I liked the landing for that. If we get a house, I'll pay extra to get a bed room

I called earlier and no answer. I'll try again once out of my current meeting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm down for anything.. Either way we are going to have to have multiple places if a bunch of people showed up. Some of my riding buddies will probably stop by too so I liked the landing for that. If we get a house, I'll pay extra to get a bed room

If we get a house I don't care what I get. I'll sleep in a tent in the front yard if I have to. I'll likely be taking the cheapest path. Was just informed by my wife we have to go somewhere for our 10 year anniversary which is the week before, so I'll be broke....but there. HAH!

Yeah with these types of get togethers I appreciate the people getting bedrooms to pay just a little bit more. Just so the guys sleeping on air mattresses feel like they are getting their moneys worth. Yeah its nice having your own room but the whole point is a group weekend!

Oh, and on our Havasu house last fall we had guys convert master closets into small rooms. That way they had their own space to "get away" from everyone and maximize square footage.

Yeah with these types of get togethers I appreciate the people getting bedrooms to pay just a little bit more. Just so the guys sleeping on air mattresses feel like they are getting their moneys worth. Yeah its nice having your own room but the whole point is a group weekend!

Oh, and on our Havasu house last fall we had guys convert master closets into small rooms. That way they had their own space to "get away" from everyone and maximize square footage.

Ain't gonna lie....i've done it before too. HAH! One trip to FL I slept in a master closet. It was great cause I like it dark when I sleep, and it was super quiet in there without any windows.

Update:

I did talk to a lady on this one with the beach (https://www.vrbo.com/726649). The month of May is the first month where they require a minimum of 7 nights per reservation and this is a strict policy. She was saying something about Saturday to Saturday cycles, cleaning ladys, etc etc. I pushed a little harder and she conceded that IF it was a few weeks out and they had not booked the week in question they would consider renting for a partial week.

This may not help us too much though as I doubt anyone would be comfortable waiting until 2-3 weeks out to see if they had a place to stay. I did tell her we had a group of 12+ friends who wanted to get together (mix of family and singles) and who all would be riding seadoos. I stressed these are all responsible people getting together, not young kids who were going to tear up the place. She said this should not be a problem. As long as the house is open for the partial booking we would be good to go.

If you check the Calendar for April when the 7 day rule is not in effect, it shows the cost would be about $2485.55 all in for Thurs-Mon. I'd assume the same cost if we did get to book the partial week in May.

With the possibility of last minute booking in mind I then called the Lake Norman Motel to see what their cancellation policy was. This way we could book the motel and if by chance the house was still available we could cancel and just rent the house. The girl they directed me to didn't really know but said if it was 30 days or so out, she didn't think that would be a problem. I'd definitely want to get a firm answer on that from someone who would know for sure before booking though.

As for the Island house option with no Beach (http://carolinahideaway.com/), I've left messages this morning but they have not yet returned my call.

Sorry for the huge post, but wanted to document everything I learned out to the group.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

I did talk to a lady on this one with the beach (https://www.vrbo.com/726649). The month of May is the first month where they require a minimum of 7 nights per reservation and this is a strict policy. She was saying something about Saturday to Saturday cycles, cleaning ladys, etc etc. I pushed a little harder and she conceded that IF it was a few weeks out and they had not booked the week in question they would consider renting for a partial week.

This may not help us too much though as I doubt anyone would be comfortable waiting until 2-3 weeks out to see if they had a place to stay. I did tell her we had a group of 12+ friends who wanted to get together (mix of family and singles) and who all would be riding seadoos. I stressed these are all responsible people getting together, not young kids who were going to tear up the place. She said this should not be a problem. As long as the house is open for the partial booking we would be good to go.

If you check the Calendar for April when the 7 day rule is not in effect, it shows the cost would be about $2485.55 all in for Thurs-Mon. I'd assume the same cost if we did get to book the partial week in May.

With the possibility of last minute booking in mind I then called the Lake Norman Motel to see what their cancellation policy was. This way we could book the motel and if by chance the house was still available we could cancel and just rent the house. The girl they directed me to didn't really know but said if it was 30 days or so out, she didn't think that would be a problem. I'd definitely want to get a firm answer on that from someone who would know for sure before booking though.

As for the Island house option with no Beach (http://carolinahideaway.com/), I've left messages this morning but they have not yet returned my call.

Sorry for the huge post, but wanted to document everything I learned out to the group.

So it sounds like we should plan on booking the landing, then if/when the opportunity to get the house comes along we can......and if it falls through oh well we're booked already.

Thanks for the leg work!

Check a few pages back, I posted a map. My guess is a good 10-15 min ride by water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back