Planning of the 2016 Two-Stroke Ride Weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im down for staying in a big house but I dont want to put a house that expensive in my name. By water that house looks to be a decent ways from the Landing. As far as families go, The landing will likely be a huge party all day and night. Probably not family friendly

would it be any safer at the big house? lol

Im thinking we do the 20th- 22nd, use the landing as the starting point, im sure they would let us keep all the skis there seeing that we are going to take all of the rooms, If we need more rooms than what they have im sure the rest of us can find a place close by to stay and just spend the day at the landing. I do think it would be hard to get a big place with people bring family not saying that some of the single guys or some couples cant get together get a big place.

If we do those dates, i will more than likely leave wednesday night and stay thursday-sunday and drive home monday am.

We could do the camping thing like you guys said at the state park, it did look nice with the beach and all, only bad thing is that you need to pack more stuff when camping. I still would be game for this.

Agreed I think for the majority the landing is the best option. Much easier as you just have to worry about booking your own room.

There is a holiday inn express and several other hotels on I77 in Mooresville NC. It says it is 9.5 miles and 17 minutes from the Lake Norman Motel. That is not bad and may be a good solution for families. Especially if we find a way to leave our skis at the lake.

Also the Lake Norman Motel is 8 minutes from a Comfort Inn in Denver NC. Just 5 miles away. Both are good options with the I77 having at least 6 hotels there and I am sure food.

That island house would be epic and provide some killer drone video footage, but amazingly it appears to suck for being able to dock or beach a bunch of skis. Can't believe they didn't add more beach space at a compound like that.

For the guys that live on the lake is there an island near by that we could take over and use to beach our skis during the day?

Im with MPower, its amazing! I would have no issue putting it in my name, the guys that made it to Georgia know how to drink, but nothing got out of hand.

I agree though theres NOWHERE to beach a ski!

Im with MPower, its amazing! I would have no issue putting it in my name, the guys that made it to Georgia know how to drink, but nothing got out of hand.

I agree though theres NOWHERE to beach a ski!
I have a stand similar to the ones you were using but there's got to be a place with a beach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Even the one I posted does say "WE ARE UNABLE TO HOST WEDDINGS OR LARGE EVENTS."

So we would need to call and get a definition of what a "large event" would be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Even the one I posted does say "WE ARE UNABLE TO HOST WEDDINGS OR LARGE EVENTS."

So we would need to call and get a definition of what a "large event" would be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Might also want to define "parties"....

Parking must be a problem they are losing alot of revenue by having these policies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure with a place like that they aren't hurting for money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Someone please call...lets make sure it isnt an option. All that sand!!! and the hot tub!!

"An added bonus is a concrete boat launch and private dock with onsite parking for numerous boats and cars. The dock has a brand new 2016 24' Bennington Tri Hull Pontoon available to complete your executive vacation."

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please call...lets make sure it isnt an option. All that sand!!! and the hot tub!!

"An added bonus is a concrete boat launch and private dock with onsite parking for numerous boats and cars. The dock has a brand new 2016 24' Bennington Tri Hull Pontoon available to complete your executive vacation."

Yep, it's perfect. I agree, I was going to call and see if the 7 day policy was firm.

What is the most number of days we would need it? I more inclined to stay longer at digs like that!

Maybe if we get them to like 2500 for 3 days (th-sun)? 7 days was over $5500 + $500 damage waiver.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I agree...Ill def make sure I get an extra day down there. If theres enough interest Id be willing to stay sunday and leave monday morning.

If they'd have us it would be great. Thanks for calling about it. I'm pretty sure we classify as an "event" if we all show up there pulling trailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back