Planning of the 2016 Two-Stroke Ride Weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake Norman rooms
232.jpg

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

This doesn't look bad imo free lake access /docking

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I can check it out if you guys are interested. Norman is a great lake and there's usually a buoy course on Sundays..not to mention all the night life
This doesn't look bad imo free lake access /docking

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If we do the Charlotte area, I don't mind being the "tour guide". I know all 3 lakes in the area and a lot of the food/bars. Charlotte is known for ethnic eats

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'll let you guys work out the bugs on location and date, I don't know much about NC/TN except that I pass through there on my way north. My only input would be that its similar to Lagrange in that we have access to multiple rooms/cabins and some kind of common area we can meet up at. Personally not that interested in a larger group/house, I enjoy heading back to my own place for quiet/privacy at the end of a long day. (I don't even stay at family's houses when I travel :) )

My wife, maybe daughter (21) would be on board to go along as long as it fits their work/school schedule, etc, i'm much more flexible personally. My daughter would love the opportunity to try and flip over some of the speedy 2 strokes ! She's pretty fearless on the water.

Just replied in the other thread (didn't realize this one is going, LOL). I would potentially be in once i see what is decided on. I would be coming from just west of Racer, closer to Harrisburg Pa. Driving isn't a problem on my end as long as everything else lines up.

As dope as some of these places look....I prob cannot do anything farther than TN in the middle of the summer. But...its not about me.

Anytime you guys want to come up to The Dells freeride or the Sortie just let me know! ;)

As dope as some of these places look....I prob cannot do anything farther than TN in the middle of the summer. But...its not about me.

Anytime you guys want to come up to The Dells freeride or the Sortie just let me know! ;)
What's the dates for those events?

As Suke mentioned I'd be glad to host something at my place on Gaston and do the leg work. I of course would be able to provide lodging for Tonka, Racer, Matt, and Adam. That would split the group up though, although there are ton of house rentals on the lake. Couple popular places near my house below. Parking is no issue as I have a huge field in front of my house.

http://www.vrbo.com/294173
http://www.directory-online.com/rdb/viewRentals.cfm?id=151

So it really depends what attributes you guys want in a host lake.

Gaston Pro's:
Very clean water
Water level by mandate can't go lower than 12 inches below full pool.
Because of the above all docks are fixed (not floating)
Not busy at all during the week and modertaley busy on the weekend. IMO rarely is it so choppy that riding an X4 sucks (the exception is holiday weekends)
Some decent dining options on the lake
Right off I95
36 miles of lake from end to end.

Gaston Con's: (subjective)
Not much to do outside of riding (I am comparing this to places like Lake Norman, Ozarks, Havasu, etc) so you won't find big groups beached up on a sandbar or other riders out doing buoy courses.
Biggest waves you will find are behind wakeboard boats trolling with wakeskatters
Small group of PWC enthusiasts, lots of skis but most are all newer units that are bone stock. A pack of 20+ X4s going down Gaston would be pretty wild (prolly no big deal at Lake Norman)

Norman is, from what I hear, an awesome lake. Tons going on and a hotbed for riders like us. The only potential issue I see with Norman is it being rough as shit and miserably choppy, think bathtub with 4 toddlers playing. But it is a big lake so if we have a good guide there may be calmer areas to play in.

If we do North Carolina there is no doubt it should be done at Norman or Gaston.

If we do Virginia, Smith Mountain Lake is beautiful and Lake Anna is a big hotbed for racing.

There is not enough time in a weekend to be taking machines in and out of the water....machine logistics are #1 importance. Thats why a campground or resort is optimal b/c you can just pull up onto the beach for the day.

Now that doesnt mean any place found wont have an issue...LaGrange we had the launch on the other side of the Marina and it was a no wake zone. Not a huge issue, but we sure as hell needed a place to keep them on the water.

I'm pretty anal so I will be pulling out at night either way

:facepalm:

I pulled out each night, not a big deal, same routine I do at every local ride to be honest took all of 5 extra minutes and then the ski was on the trailer right in front of my cabin, its not like I was that busy.

However, it was dam convenient at Lagrange to have a dock that was in sight and walking distance to the cabins so you could dock it for a couple hours during the day and take a power nap before the afternoon ride :)

Yeah no big deal with a group of what 8...but when/if were expecting 50-100 peeps it turns into a Eff show. beach stand, couple helpers....done. Completely out of the water, more time to relax.

Were talking on the property, think of a 15-20min drive each way every day. Not what I would want to be doing if I drove 20hrs.

Its kind of like the hilarious talk of people working on skis....yeah that gets in the way of beer drinking and going out to dinner, then sleeping in bc you talked seadoos till 2am while drinking said beer.

Metting in the middle sounds like the best to get the most people to come. From Chicago to anywhere in the south past TN of KY gets far for just a few days. That right there is 8-10 hour drive. Wis Dells thats and easy drive 3 hours. In the summer I take my 1800 Sportster out more than the ski's. The wife likes the boat more and you can carry more drinks. The boat is just a big jet ski with more people on board.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm down for TN if you can make it!

I'm really open to anywhere. I am also willing to cover Westside Powesports or any other further out members on gas to get down to the meet.

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Dayum...100 people?

We are way ahead of the game here so people will be able to get time off and plan. Our dells event had over 200 people last year, my sortie saw about 130. Now they have been going for many years, but you put together a great spot, great logistics, and some time to plan ahead for it and you'll be surprised how many people come out of the woodwork. Esp if you get the word out locally.

Ive been through it though...logistics are KEY. My event would see over 200 if RVs were allowed in. I just dont have the time and no one else has stepped up to try to find a better spot where we have everything plus RVs. A bar and restaurant on site is really nice too. We have that at the dells, but that site is in a back water and is no wake where the camp site is at. Back to the sortie....we have our own beach that we can ride right in front of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol gonna suck to be in the back of the pack. 100 2 strokes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back