Planning of the 2016 Two-Stroke Ride Weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
200.jpg

Yikes, lol.

Lake Jocassee is right on the SC/NC border but I don't see a place with a bunch of cabins at a reasonable price. I wonder where the Jestski Junkies stayed? Looks more like a bunch of vacation by owner stuff when I google lodging.

Lake Jocassee is right on the SC/NC border but I don't see a place with a bunch of cabins at a reasonable price. I wonder where the Jestski Junkies stayed? Looks more like a bunch of vacation by owner stuff when I google lodging.

No idea. Just see their pics every year on FB.

Also with it being in the mtns the water is gonna be pretty chilly until late into the season. Like end of July/beginning of August.

Lake Norman is in NASCAR country alot of drives own homes along that lake .....they have a big Jersey Speed Skiff run there in November

I've sent a TON of performance X4 parts up to a member in Mooresville. I think his name here is Kawasaki00 or something close to that.

We have rented houses at Smith Mountain lake VA the last two years. Large lake with tons and tons of fingers to ride in. Lots of food, fuel, etc. It does get choppy in the main channel on weekends with large boats. But there are always smooth places to ride once you get there. There is a campground with tent camping and cabins. http://www.virginia.org/Listings/PlacesToStay/SmithMountainLakeStateParkCabins/ Never stayed at the campground but have been through it. Gaston would be great if that works out. Never been there though. Lake Norman is also huge and as said, is a "high end" lake with all the wealthy Charlotte folks (bankers and racers). Never been there either.... I would love to bring out our Shamu GTX and Lemonade GSX skis to a meetup. The family would love it too. Everyone will be of (legal) riding age by June.

As I mentioned in another thread, lake Philpot in VA also has a group campground with parking, showers and slips. http://www.henrycountyva.gov/philpott-marina

The campground is $150 a night? That's high end! Sounds like they take advantage of being the only place to stay nightly on the lake.

Lake Norman is awesome. That's where I usually ride when I want to jump. There's some massive boats on Norman! Finding a place to stay on the water might be a problem tho. Best bet would be to throw in on a huge house. There are some mansions on Norman.

I'm down for TN too. I've been on a couple lakes there testing jetskis and they are awesome lakes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lake Norman is awesome. That's where I usually ride when I want to jump. There's some massive boats on Norman! Finding a place to stay on the water might be a problem tho. Best bet would be to throw in on a huge house. There are some mansions on Norman.

I'm down for TN too. I've been on a couple lakes there testing jetskis and they are awesome lakes

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That's my only fear is crazy busy and expensive for folks. Otherwise I don't know much about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh and this time I think I want to drive Thurs and ride Friday and Saturday leave Sunday maybe after a short ride

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh and this time I think I want to drive Thurs and ride Friday and Saturday leave Sunday maybe after a short ride

If im able to swing it, thats gonna be my game plan as well. Traveling Thursday and Sunday, ride Friday and Saturday. So far I like the first place you posted a link to on lake gaston the most. Number of different size cabins and houses that could be split. Some of the houses were right next to the water. All looked close to the water with docking access.

If im able to swing it, thats gonna be my game plan as well. Traveling Thursday and Sunday, ride Friday and Saturday. So far I like the first place you posted a link to on lake gaston the most. Number of different size cabins and houses that could be split. Some of the houses were right next to the water. All looked close to the water with docking access.
I just want to be on the water. So much easier

Yes on the water for sure. This thread is great. The ideas are flowing

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

am I going to have to buy a 2 stroke just for this ? Is my Barge allowed :)

Did you see the gprxp in Florida classifieds

no, but will check asap,

I've been in Jamacia/Grand Caymen all week, just got back an hour ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
The campground is $150 a night? That's high end! Sounds like they take advantage of being the only place to stay nightly on the lake.

I am pretty sure the ENTIRE site is $150. One person or 10+ I can check though. Usually a campsite around here is ~$20 so 10 for $150 is possible.

I'll see if I can find the junky posting on that somewhere and sofla riders did one too but I think it was 3 locations and only overnight in each one.

I won't be showing up to this ride skiless! Although I did appreciate and really enjoy riding [MENTION=51824]Matt Braley[/MENTION] bad ass skis all weekend.

95 XP800!!!

I also agree with wives, children, and significant others joining us on this gathering.

95 XP800!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back