oil pump return spring broken '96 GSX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldbuck

'96 GSX - Is there such thing as a replacement return spring for the oil pump? I can't seem to find one - just a replacement oil pump for $150+ Seems like an expensive way to get a spring... I guess I could switch over to premix, but with two GSX's, having one premix, one not... or switch them both over...

thx!
-dave

I would just buy a used oil pump on ebay and take the spring, they are cheap. If you can't find one, I'll sell you one cheap.

thx ski-d00 - I'll search around ebay and see what I can find. You have an extra spring or an entire pump?

fwiw, I added a bend to the end of the spring with needle nose pliers - I'm guessing this won't last long but it'll get me out on the water... Seems when the spring fails the pump goes in to max oil mode so she just becomes a super smoker ;-)

-dave

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just a return spring... it's not a big deal. Just find something at the hardware store that will work. You still want a rotary spring, since it will open the pump to "Full" if the cable breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back