What is your tow rig?

emspjay

Here is mine, 1990 F250 XLT Larait 460 auto with OD. Fully loaded was a Red-N-Kamp Conversion truck. Had 69,000 original miles when I purchased it 4 years ago needed restoration because it sat for over 10 years (that's why the miles were low). I restored it 4 years ago and it has about 91,000 miles now. First pics are when I got, then the after resto pics, and then with my boat I used to tow, but now this is just used to pull the Seadoos and Home Depot runs because my new boat is too big to tow.

Attachments

andrewterri

Emspjay, that is a great looking truck. I would buy a late 80's or early 90's in a heartbeat if I could find one around here in decent shape. Everyone keeps those truck's and run them like crazy. They are bullet proof

emspjay

Only picture I could find. Out loading some wood to cut for firewood.
Thank you! And that's a great looking truck!! I had a 2008 F150 Limited for a few years got sick of the $800 payment, went to a 2011 1500 Ram it was a POS and still a $500 payment. Got sick of the payments and I wanted a 3/4 ton so I started looking for an older truck to restore, always loved the OBS Fords. So after searching for about a year I got then one I have now. I found it when I was stationed in VA so really not rusty but then I transferred to MI in 2015 so I have been storing it every winter here in MI. I plan on keeping it for a long time! New trucks are so expensive! I lease a Chrysler 300 for $200 a month for daily driver, I can deal with that payment and who cares if it rusts because it is under warranty the whole time I have it. I drive the F250 almost everyday in the summer, I love it. When it is time for it to go I will just restore another one but this time I want a crew cab.