So, what do You plan on doing to your new Spark?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Got the happy call from the dealer today, it arrived ahead of schedule, he said it should be prepped and ready to go Thursday. Yay for me! While I was talking to him, he mentioned that I should plan on about 30-45 mins, to go over things with me. I asked him if the going over included a how to on pulling the top off, and he said no one had ever asked about that, but he didn't see any reason they couldn't arrange for that to be part of the initial walk through. Has anyone else had the dealer do this when they picked up their new Sparks? I thought it would be nice to see someone who may have done it a few times by now (due to the recalls) and could hopefully show me a trick or 2, especially since I am brand new to the whole PWC deal. At least I'll have it for the 4th weekend, will be mostly breaking it in, but will be fun none the less!

Bought ours on Saturday right before dealer closed. Barely got any instructions or advice.
Link below is from Rampage on upper deck removal.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?70395-Little-video-I-did-on-removing-the-Spark-Upper-Deck

Just talked to them about doing the pickup, and what I need. We also discussed the checkover, and he said that this would be above and beyond, and it'd be a half hour shop time ($47) to have the tech go over it with me. I told him I'd check out the youtube vids on it first, and if I couldn't figure it out I'd be back. Doesn't look too bad, prob be easier with 2 ppl, but 10-15 mins and it'll be off. He did mention that for whatever reason BRP decided that the screws that hold the top down screw right into the molded plastic, and every time the top is removed the threads would loosen up a little more each time. Not sure the logic in that design choice, instead of putting in some type of captured nut or something, but hopefully it won't have to be removed terribly often.

Well guys finally got my parts and are all fitted.
She now boasts:

Kicker audio system
Hydro-Turf mat kit with extra padding I wanted.
Solas SS prop
Adjustable Sponsons
Free flow Ali Exhaust I made myself
Flame arrester removal
Carbon hydro dipped covers

Still to come:
110 or 120 turn.
SS wear ring
Hopefully new hull as iv spotted another crack now

383.jpg

384.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Very cool! I had the dealer last week install the options I had purchased right after I bought my Spark. Depth finder, Bilge pump, accessory electrical outlet and the speed ties. Cost me $380, but I believe they will all now be covered under the extended warranty I purchased. Couple questions about the parts you installed. Tell me more about the kicker audio you installed, where is the head unit? Looks pretty cool. Also, you mentioned that you had extra padding with your setup, could you explain that one as well? Planning on taking mine out later this week to put it thru it's paces, and see how the toys I added work. Well, except the bilge pump, I'd prefer to never have to use that one... Still love it though, can't wait till I can put it into sport mode!

Well guys finally got my parts and are all fitted.
She now boasts:

Kicker audio system
Hydro-Turf mat kit with extra padding I wanted.
Solas SS prop
Adjustable Sponsons
Free flow Ali Exhaust I made myself
Flame arrester removal
Carbon hydro dipped covers

Still to come:
110 or 120 turn.
SS wear ring
Hopefully new hull as iv spotted another crack now

383.jpg

384.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

Sent from my iPad

Wow, the Hydro Dip looks great. Did they do that while those parts were on the ski or did they have to take it all apart to dip each individual piece? I was thinking of doing the same thing, or maybe using Plastidip instead,how much did that cost?

Thanks!!

My mate owns a hydro dip setup so I got it all fir 600. Obviously disassembly is required

Sent from my iPad

Back