So, what do You plan on doing to your new Spark?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Ok, thanks. I did see that they have mirrors available as an accessory, if I order them with the boat and the dealer installs them, would that count?

Check your state laws. Some states require they be a factory option. If not just through on some Ducati grip mounted mirrors.

Jay

© The Safe BoaterTM Training Program. All rights reserved
Water Skiing / Towing
Skiing and Towing
There must be at least two people in, or on, any pleasure craft used for waterskiing or towing a person; one to steer and one to watch the skier.

If a PWC is used for waterskiing or towing it must be one that seats three people.

The towing vessel can not be operated by remote control.

Lifejackets must be worn by water skiers, not life-belts, and all water skiers should be competent swimmers.

Learn the proper hand signals to communicate.

It is an offense to water ski from one hour after sunset to sunrise. An operator can not tow a person after dark as described in the Criminal Code of Canada.

love the part about "vessel can not be operated by remote control" lol......isn't that when you know we have become very lazy,....go from stand up, to sit down, to remote control..

I just did the Vtech 109hp tune on my Spark, it was a breeze, I took pictures step by step so I can do a tutorial guide on here..

Now I have to wait for the weekend to try and let you guys know how it goes, I'll probably do another video (oh no not again lol)

419.jpg

Some new goodies.
Can't wait to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess your going crazy like me, I already added the reboarding step..

I got a great Spark Cover for crazy cheap.. And let's see what else..

Lol. I'm little scared of mounting the revers system as it looks rather complicated.

Lol. I'm little scared of mounting the revers system as it looks rather complicated.

I did my own reverse kit, looks a lot worse in the box then it is. Just keep track of the little pieces and move slow. If you can operate a ratchet and drill your set. If you got any questions just let me know

Thank you man. I'm a automotive Customiser so I'm good with them but just new ski etc lol.

Man, looking at that, I'm glad I ordered mine with IBR (I think)(if it's bulletproof...)(?)

Picking mine up from the dealer tomorrow. Had to take it in for the IBR. The nut that goes from the IBR gate to the linkage came loose.

Jay

Ruh Roh Raggy! Is it common to have issues with it? I did a little reading about it a month or so ago, and it seems there are some issues with it, but overall it's pretty solid? Did the nut coming loose damage any other components of the system?

I don't think so. I'll know for sure tomorrow. But I'm sure the dealer would have told me before going there. Aside from that its been perfect. A little warning, don't give full brake at high speeds. It will throw you forward.

Jay

429.jpg

430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg

434.jpg

435.jpg

436.jpg

437.jpg

438.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

441.jpg

So I took my time and was only 1 hour over target.
It WAS easier than looks but only thing that took time was the reverse cable bracket up on centre body.getting it in place while attached round cable.

Reverse leave a bit hard to put back down but maby just due to me being on side not I top.

Bumper strips seem rather cheap for OEM strips but easy to apply. Wonder if they'll peel off lol.

Boarding step is a breeze clip in screw on.

And front pocket.. Couldn't be any cheaper lol.
Flexible basket and rubber latches. Not my cup of tea but adds aggression to ski.. IMO had I known it was cheap and tacky I would have just bought the deflector plate.

For $700 for all my parts I can't complain. The reverse gear alone in NZ is $799 .

So I'm going to put together a package deal here in NZ for the locals and import the products from USA.

Hope y'all enjoy the pics and thank you for your help guys.

I must say replacing the wear ring in this will take you 5minutes maximum so that's 1 HUGE advantage over the old RX or my XP lol.

Wow, you've been busy qcustoms! :)

I just installed the side protectors on my Spark today.

Not game to do manual reverse myself though - think I'll leave it to my dealer!

A warning to anyone else getting the side bumpers - I accidentally screwed up one of the little "plastic darts" and there are no spares in the kit. So careful not to be too rough with them. The result is one of the bumpers only has two darts holding it in, instead of three.

But the bumpers come with an adhesive backing so I reckon it'll be strong enough.

429.jpg

430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg

433.jpg

434.jpg

435.jpg

436.jpg

437.jpg

438.jpg

439.jpg

440.jpg

441.jpg

So I took my time and was only 1 hour over target.
It WAS easier than looks but only thing that took time was the reverse cable bracket up on centre body.getting it in place while attached round cable.

Reverse leave a bit hard to put back down but maby just due to me being on side not I top.

Bumper strips seem rather cheap for OEM strips but easy to apply. Wonder if they'll peel off lol.

Boarding step is a breeze clip in screw on.

And front pocket.. Couldn't be any cheaper lol.
Flexible basket and rubber latches. Not my cup of tea but adds aggression to ski.. IMO had I known it was cheap and tacky I would have just bought the deflector plate.

For $700 for all my parts I can't complain. The reverse gear alone in NZ is $799 .

So I'm going to put together a package deal here in NZ for the locals and import the products from USA.

Hope y'all enjoy the pics and thank you for your help guys.

I must say replacing the wear ring in this will take you 5minutes maximum so that's 1 HUGE advantage over the old RX or my XP lol.

What great job you did, now I would love a step by step guide on installing the manual reverse system, that would be nice :) (hint hint)

Really, I'm going to need your help when it's time for me to do it. How long was the process? What would you do different if you had to do one again? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks

As hermanesfd said it's easier than it looks. And there's nothing to do differenty lol it's that simple really. The job was good as I got to understand the construction of my ski better and now knob what to take apart etc. So I'd recommend doing it yourself so you can familiarise yourself if you like tinkering.

I agree with your thoughts on learning your ski, I plan on pulling the top on mine when i get it to see what makes it tick so to speak. One question I have is regarding warranty. Obviously it is a Seadoo part, and a Seadoo PWC, so do you think there will be any issues regarding warranty if there is an issue with the system down the road. I can already hear the Well, it wasn't factory installed, so, sorry sir, you are out of luck? That would suck. Hopefully that day never happens to you. Thoughts?

Back