What is your tow rig?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My rig changes almost every trip..

This is what I had today for my first trip out this season..

331.jpg

Elsinore today.. Nacimiento over memorial day

332.jpg

But what to bring..

333.jpg

I really need to reclaim the garage, I hate moving.. I worked on storing/hanging all my tools after the lake today, couches are being cleaned then going in the house, and the 2 place trailer is going away.. the other 2 place (attached to FJ) is going in, as is the rustang.. most this mustang has been outside of a garage in it's 7 years of life

Nice rig Ryan, the Toyota looks like fun. What do you keep in the box on the trailer?

Thanks, I only store a few things semi permanently in there (extra ratchet/tie down/ tow straps, tongue jack caster, a funnel and some rags) beyond that, I store the covers in there if I take them off at the lake, a small toolbox (for trailer or seadoos) and extra oil

I like all of the SUVs, but we pull with a conversion van. Try to live by the rule "never leave home without the electronic baby-sitter (TV)" :)
273.jpg

2002 Grand Cherokee. Loaded up with heated leather, sunroof, quadradrive (awd with limited slip front and rear) 3.73 gears and a 4.7L HO (exhaust, intake, fastman tb, custom sct tune, 09 intake manifold). Makes 325 hp and 390 ft/lbs and only weighs 4000 lbs. get 14 mpg average, empty and 4500lb enclosed trailer haha.

Old pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370296911.426259.jpg

1994 Seadoo XP 650. Factory pipe.

1998 Seadoo Sportster 1800 w/ twin 720s. Killer stereo, that's it.

2008 wrangler JK Sahara. 2.5 lift. 33" tires. Trans cooler, dual exhaust, rock rails, wheel spacers and a bunch more. Great for towing the 05 rxt and 01 XP ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370305729.135427.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370305745.438485.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370305767.726351.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370305792.136217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's merely because most people don't want to shift gears anymore, but when it comes to reliability manuals are much more reliable. How many automatic trannies have you heard of people replacing? Now how many manuals have you heard of going out? When it comes to towing, automatics build up A LOT of heat, causing them to slip and create more heat and damage. Unless you have an automatic that was designed to tow, as in a truck, then I wouldnt tow with it, theyre designed with high gear ratios for gas mileage, not low gears for torque.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry but false look up the new mustang manual trans
Anyways i will be using a 2001 nissan frontier 4x4 king cab v6

Sorry but false look up the new mustang manual trans
Anyways i will be using a 2001 nissan frontier 4x4 king cab v6

Youre talking about a sports car, I donrt think anything that applies to a Mustang should be used when talking about towing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

You must be approaching the 2000lb ow rating on the short wheel base JK. How does it do towing? Notice and sway in rear of JK?

Yes I believe I'm at least at the rating if not a little bit over with fuel. I don't have any sway. Only a slightly amount when taking a simultaneous high speed bump and turn on the highway. Plenty of power as the 4dr is rated for 3500 and even higher for export markets. I'm very satisfied and by far exceeded my expectations regarding towing capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little overkill but at least I won't have to worry about towing when I've graduated to a 23 footer:thumbsup:.

Attachments

• Boat and truck.jpg
    Boat and truck.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 64
Good ol Chevy power! 2002 silverado z71 with a triton aluminum trailer. I was getting about 18mpg fully loaded all the way to cali and back. Shes got 273k on her and did 5000 last month without any issue at all.

I also have a 94 Honda Civic VX for running for single skis that gets close to 50mpg and about 40 towing.

Here was a stop in Colorado...I dont typically use the topper but it had recently been cleaned up and I figured I might as well use it for the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yessir, that is some Chevy power for sure. I am liking the white window vents and hood deflector. Looks good, im sure those Californian's were wondering what that "brown stuff" on your bumper and cab corners was LOL. They aint got no rust out there in sunnyville...

2005 Dodge Power Wagon quad cab for the primary tow vehicle and the back up is 10' Range Rover HSE with the Jag 5.0. Both pull the boat without issue. The photo of the truck was when it was new and shiny... Since then it has received a few changes. H2 wheels, back rack, some scratches, exhaust and engine programming. The Rover is stock under warranty! Photo was when we picked it up at the dealer. Then there is my other Challenger, no trailer hitch on this one! I will have to try and get some pictures of the boat. I don't have any on my work computer.

Attachments

• challenger.jpg
    challenger.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 49
  • truck.JPG
    truck.JPG
    279.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Range Rover 2.jpg
    Range Rover 2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 55
1999 Dodge Durango 4X4 with 5.2 (318) with 149,949 miles on it. It has towed, a 21 Sea Ray, 21 Proline, 17 Bass Boat, a utility trailer, two car trailers, two race cars (for other folks) and now my 96 XP. It has had a long and storied career driving to lakes, bays and oceans not to mention for the last 11 years my hunting lease far out in the sticks. Only things done, PS pump, AC compressor, ball joints X2, radiator, 2 water pumps, 3 sets of tires, 4 sets of brakes and 2 sets of shocks. Not bad for old piece of Detroit iron. My other love is my 2008 Impala SS.

Last edited by a moderator:
a gunmetal grey 2002 dodge durango 4x4 with the 4.7l and 186,xxx miles.
needs new injectors and front wheel bearings.

<-- see avatar - 90 talon AWD turbo 5sp is how I get my jetski to the lake :) Works great just get some funny looks since everyone else at the ramp has a truck lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back