RESTO Put me in Seadoo Rehab...my 96 XP Custom Resto Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the 99, as long as she runs good I say you did great. They always command more than the 96 xp. I see you have a Envoy, are you on the trailvoy forum? I just got a trailblazer on wednesday.

I love the 99, as long as she runs good I say you did great. They always command more than the 96 xp. I see you have a Envoy, are you on the trailvoy forum? I just got a trailblazer on wednesday.

Nah not trailvoy. I use Gmtnation forum If I ever have any questions about the envoy. It's a great car. 02 SLT fully loaded. Had air ride in it but I replaced it with springs. That's about the only thing I have done to it. 135k miles and running strong. What kind of trailblazer did you get? If you got the 6.0 v8 SS I'm super jealous lol

I bought a 03 LS 4x4. It has 198k but the motor was rebuilt at 150k and the trans was done last month. The trans has warranty until next year and it had all the paperwork showing repairs. Everything works, it is really clean. I would love the SS but hate the 8miles per gallon so I improvised.

I bought it Wednesday.

252.jpg

Pulled off the roof rack, peeled off the mouldings, then I put on the SS rims.

253.jpg

Today I got the rest of the adhesive from the mouldings off and buffed it.

254.jpg

255.jpg

256.jpg

I am on the hunt for ss bumpers, I thought I had the front bumper and grille locally on cl but someone beat me to them. I also am looking for dark oem leather covers.

SS look at the LS price lol. I had to get something quick. I started a new job and didnt feel right using my other boss's truck to comute back and forth. I got it for $2500 and bought the rims for $500. I read other ss clone threads and went to work. Amazing what a little work can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good JSG. I was real hot and heavy for a 3SS a few years ago but with how much my wife puts on in miles per year I knew I'd be at the gas station 3 times a week, lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Get those front two windows tinted and it will be the icing on the cake JSG...they are great little reliable cars and easy to maintain. They got some power for a v6 also. I think my manual says like 265 from the factory. Mine sucks down gas tho lol

I can't tint the windows. The cops in the 2 neighboring cities pull people over all the time for tinting the front. The legal limit is so light there is no point.

As for the 3ss that is a bad ass truck. Gas hog for sure though. The 1ss still looks great it is just not as much flash on the inside.

I have either 5% or 10% on my Passat all the way around. I think it's 10%, my wife had laser eye surgery a number of years ago so we told her eye doctor that it helped with her night time halos from headlights, honestly it did. He wrote her a letter, got us out of a ticket when a cop was being a prick. Now I roll with that letter in the glove box. Know any good eye doctors? Lol.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I was just talking about the two front side windows. The front windshield, that sounds dangerous lol. The only bring I hate about tint is backing up a trailer with it, especially in winter. I have 20 percent on my envoy and it is so hard to back up a trailer at night with it.

I was reading on that other forum about that, alot of guys wire up 2 more reverse lights, they mount them under the bumper so they are hidden but apparently the extra light helps out alot.

I bought a 03 LS 4x4. It has 198k but the motor was rebuilt at 150k and the trans was done last month. The trans has warranty until next year and it had all the paperwork showing repairs. Everything works, it is really clean. I would love the SS but hate the 8miles per gallon so I improvised.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I bought a 2008 LT last year when I started a new job, but I didn't do the "SS" conversion. 2nd one I've had the first was a 2001 that I leased for 3 yrs.

I will probably hate towing with it. I am use to towing with new Chevy 2500 pickups, I can barely feel towing anything with them. I will probably only use it to tow to local lakes, I still have the option of using the trucks if I need to. I am still working my old job part time. They probably tow well, but I will unfairly compare them to the trucks lol.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum but thought I would make my intro on this thread.... I'm the guy that traded my SPX for this here XP. C Reynolds told me I should join up over here, said there were a bunch of good knowledgeable guys here... So here I am, been wrenching on these a little while so figured I would add some pics of the ski and continue this thread.... We thought it would be neat to have a build thread that continued through two owners.... I will do my best to keep some pictures coming of the progress and I look forward to talking with u guys and hopefully learning a thing or two...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    815.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864 KB · Views: 63
Thanks man, and no sir not on my phone, I'll take some side profile pics when I get off tonight.... Can't wait to get the new handle bars and some billet goodies :). Should be in this week!!

Awesome man, I really think it will set it off, and cool, I'm glad u likey :) doesn't hurt to have an awesome starting point ;). And oh ya definitely on the guages, not sure if I will do the speedo or not but definitly gonna get the trim guage installed.... Thinking right there beside the Dess post would be a good spot.

Just plug it in and make sure it works before you cut the hole! Lol. I think I removed it before I ever got the ski running so not 100% sure it works

My pride and joy. This was a seriously sick fun toy back in the day. Mods included:
1. knocked out choke plates and installed primer kit.
2. R&D flame arrestors and heads
3. Worx intake and I cannot remember the impeller.
4. Had to run premium on it.

Sick as hell hole shot and got to high 60's mph. You could make this porpoise and fly on any good boat wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back