RESTO Put me in Seadoo Rehab...my 96 XP Custom Resto Thread

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some new goodies!!
97.jpg
98.jpg
99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude it looks so good. I'm so glad an enthusiast got ahold of this ski. You really took it to the next level where I never would have. Did you have to re adjust the idle with the new throttle on there?

Thanks man!! I'm glad to have gotten it from someone who knew what they had and took great care of it!!! Now I gotta get in touch with Dr. Honda and get hooked up with some sweet decals... And no, I haven't messed with the idle yet, the cable is pretty close to where it was originally and I get a nice full pull out of the throttle without over-travel.... I'll do the fine adjusting closer to when it's warm out... Didn't wanna fire it up with all the fogging oil in there lol

Finished painting the exhaust this weekend, was finally warm enough to get out to the shop and take some pics
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good!

Did you paint the stock steering stem black or is that some aftermarket stem? Looks great!

Looks great! You should try and spray the engine down with some seadoo lube or something to get some of the shine back on it! It definitely turned dull when I pulled it and scrubbed it with super clean unfortunately, but it was filthy and had to be done!

Thanks for the tip!! Ill have to do that! Ya that super clean tends to dull a lot of stuff out lol

Well it's been awhile, but finally got the graphics installed... She's done now! Thanks [MENTION=62923]Krispy[/MENTION] for the dash decal!
413.jpg
414.jpg
415.jpg
416.jpg
417.jpg

Well it's been awhile, but finally got the graphics installed... She's done now! Thanks [MENTION=62923]Krispy[/MENTION] for the dash decal!
413.jpg
414.jpg
415.jpg
416.jpg
417.jpg

Awesome work! CF dash looks good on your ski.

Where did you get the decals that are on it now?

Also what did you do with your beeper? (I may or may not have ordered bars for my xp...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks man! That's dash decal fit perfect and laid down awesome! Also, I had a local guy make the decals.... Took some time working with him but I think they came out good.... And as far as the beeper goes I had to cut the wires to get it through the steering stem, then I rewired it and zip tied to the steering support under the hood, nice and out of sight but I can still hear it just fine..... :)

I appreciate that man!! CRmiz gave me an awesome place to start!! Makes the rest of the detail work just fun!!!

You have done an outstanding job on the ski. It looks really nice. :thumbsup:

Bet you can't wait to take it out.

Well, I have finally had some free time and nice weather to clean up the ski I traded [MENTION=69544]Bnelson[/MENTION] for. She clean up very nicely and all of the old oxidation is gone. Shined up really nice, I replaced the injector lines, cleaned the rave's, changed out the fuel selector, changed the jet pump oil, put on the new nose badge and the new hood decal from Mike at PWC Graphics. Cleaned out the bilge as well. She should be ready for summer after a new oil filter and the new Hydroturf that I need to order.View attachment 24347 View attachment 24348 View attachment 24349

View attachment 24350 View attachment 24351 View attachment 24352 View attachment 24353

Here were the before pics of the ski. Just needed a good cleanup and she is like new again.

Well guys, I got some sad news to say, well kinda sad pretty happy. I traded my 96 here today for a 99 SPX. Woohoo I'm happy to get the rarer ski, but I only got to ride my ski like once or twice and all that hard work gets to go to someone else now. This one will need a little bit of work, mainly cosmetic. A real good buff and wax job. The bilge is filthy and needs to be cleaned out. A couple odds and ends, maybe change out the oil as a precaution, but all in all it's a runner right now. Won't be going into full detail with this one like the other one, won't pull the engine as it was recently aligned this last summer. Has a new OEM carbon seal, new OEM wear ring, new OEM carb kits, has black fuel lines already, had a new counterbalancer at one point as well. My only concern was it has about 140 compression, will probably tackle that job only if I get a melt down, but overall not too concerned. Just needs a little elbow grease and she should clean up pretty well. I traded straight across for this one, mine was obviously in better shape and had 150 compression, but the 99spx is a rarer ski. Overall I'm super pumped, I can't believe I have like 5 more months tho until I can even think about riding. Has a new VTS, new VTS boot, the hump seat is the original dark charcoal gray and in premo condition, not a single scuff or rip.

Won't be diving into this probably until it warms up quite a bit, it wasn't winterized yet. Just threw some some antifreeze and fogged it and threw it in the garage.

It was a funny story, the guy had the ad on Craigslist sayin he was looking for a 3 seater and was tryin to sell for 1500 with no trailer.

I talked to him and asked him if he was interested in a trade, he said no, he was looking to he out of an x4. When he said x4, I was like, this guy must know seadoos. I asked him if he was on a forum, he said yeah greenhulk and pwctoday. It was nice dealing with a guy who actually knew how to maintain these skis and how to do it the right way. I showed him this thread and he seemed impressed and could tell I wasn't just the average seadoo owner. It was nice dealing with a guy who knew everything g about the ski, how to maintain it the "right way", and it made me feel a lot better knowing all that the stuff had been done right and that I was getting a quality ski as well, since I was giving one away as well.

Here are some pics
207.jpg
208.jpg
209.jpg
210.jpg
211.jpg
212.jpg
213.jpg
214.jpg
215.jpg
216.jpg
217.jpg
218.jpg
219.jpg
220.jpg
221.jpg
222.jpg
223.jpg

Man U sure cleaned that up nice!!! Sounds like a trade is what we both needed... Gave us both a fresh start on eachothers old project lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back