New Site Feature Suggestions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Change is not always a good thing, the majority of people in the U.S. voted for change in 2008, now look what we have.

Lou

Change is not always a good thing, the majority of people in the U.S. voted for change in 2008, now look what we have.

Lou

Haha agreed. It won't be too drastic. But there are a few things that we are going to do to make it easier to navigate and view the forum.

How about a way to Semi-Lock a thread that hasn't had a response in over 6 months. I don't want to totally lock it out... but before you can reply... it would give you a warning, saying...

"The last post in this thread is over 6 months old. Are you sure you want to pull it up?"

OR....

If the Original Poster hasn't loged in for a couple months. Then totally lock it.

It's not a huge issue... but it drives me nutz when a new member pulls up a thread from 2 years ago, asking a question to the OP... and the OP hasn't logged in in over a year.

Basically... the person who pulled up the thread should start their own thread, and when you try to explain that... people just get pissed off. And finally... it's generally from people who ask one or two Q's, and then never come back.

Oh... and to add something......

PLEASE don't change the entire format again. I still can't find buttons from the last time you changed. Just implement some improvements.

It's not a huge issue... but it drives me nutz when a new member pulls up a thread from 2 years ago, asking a question to the OP... and the OP hasn't logged in in over a year.

The one good thing that comes of this is often times the original thread creator comes back to the site as tehy are notified via email that their thread was responded to.. May get them to stick around for a while.

PLEASE don't change the entire format again. I still can't find buttons from the last time you changed. Just implement some improvements.

Which buttons are you talking about? I can bring them back from the dead if you need them! As far as the layout goes it will most likely have a similar look and feel as the site now but allow users to navigate everything better. I was thinking a tabbed forum home that allows users to quickly change between the forum, their personal posts, subscribed threads and private messages all right there in one spot..

I don't know if this is even possibe, but I would like to see a better search engine, maybe incorporate google search in the forum.

Lou

I don't know if this is even possibe, but I would like to see a better search engine, maybe incorporate google search in the forum.

Lou, we may just do that with the next version. Google's results are much better.. I agree.

How about a way to Semi-Lock a thread that hasn't had a response in over 6 months. I don't want to totally lock it out... but before you can reply... it would give you a warning, saying...

"The last post in this thread is over 6 months old. Are you sure you want to pull it up?"

OR....

If the Original Poster hasn't loged in for a couple months. Then totally lock it.

Basically... the person who pulled up the thread should start their own thread, and when you try to explain that... people just get pissed off. And finally... it's generally from people who ask one or two Q's, and then never come back.

on paper its a good idea, but remember, you can't fix stupid...

and I like hf's response, sometimes the response does generate a return by the OP, which in the end is a good thing.

Greg,
How about a REPLY TO ALL option on PM's. (unless it's already there and I just haven't figured it out).

I just thought of a good idea...maybe a way to have our SNs work like facebook where a person could go "hey HFGreg blah blah blah" and it would send you a notification of some sort telling you you were tagged. It allows people to notify someone w/o having to PM them or be subscribed to every thread you post in.

What's up with the time stamp?
It was an hour off since last Oct. so I thought it would be back to normal last weekend but now it's 2 hrs off.
I post at 11:15 pm my time and it shows up as 9:15pm.

It's 11:35am right now as I'm posting this.

there should be live chat forum's and webinars....

I really enjoy the live chat thing.

It would be nice to chat with other members that are online at the site at the time you are..

I am sure it would allow for opportunities to learn as well as create stronger bonds and friendship. I would LOVE to meet others in my area to go riding with...

How about an option to email a member under the users name(if they chose to enable that option). I have been sharing my email with more people on here to avoid the whole 30 PM limit, but not something I want to post for the world to have either.

What's up with the time stamp?
It was an hour off since last Oct. so I thought it would be back to normal last weekend but now it's 2 hrs off.
I post at 11:15 pm my time and it shows up as 9:15pm.

It's 11:35am right now as I'm posting this.

SDB, it's on your end, check your DST settings in your user setting on the forum. Your 11:35 was spot on on my end.

I have added the thumbs up thumbs down on threads which works like the like button.. Just a test run right now to see if people use it.

Maybe the thumbs up thumbs down should somehow be incorporated into reputation points as well, I have noticed most people just use the thumbs now instead of the did you find this post helpful section. Just a thought.

I just thought of a good idea...maybe a way to have our SNs work like facebook where a person could go "hey HFGreg blah blah blah" and it would send you a notification of some sort telling you you were tagged. It allows people to notify someone w/o having to PM them or be subscribed to every thread you post in.

[MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] I *think* this should be working....let me know if you get a notification.

YEAH buddy!! How bout something like a friend request or something on the site, not an email? I get too many notification emails.

Nice job though!! Once people start using it I bet we see it get added to a bunch of sites.

I'll see if I can find a way to make that optional...it may be in your user options.

[MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] [MENTION=59978]kicker[/MENTION] [MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION] [MENTION=31048]LouDoo[/MENTION] Sweet! [MENTION=29781]Spimothy Leary[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back