2 - 2007 Sea Doo GTI SE been sitting for a few years New to PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

STxFarmer

All new to me so I'm learning as I go. Got my hands on a pair of 2007 GTI Se 130's (yellow & white) and starting to dig into them. First unit has both cables bad so we have pulled them for replacement. Wear ring on that unit looks good but the impeller has seen a few rocks I'm guessing. 3 bolt heads broke will trying to take the nozzle off the pump so will drill those out and replace. Put in new gas & unit started but we shut it right back off.

Looking for some help as to get a list of things to check. Going to put new cables in both, change the fluids and have a CanDoo so I can read the codes and diagnose them if any.

Have 1 bad speedo for sure and I don't like the looks of having to replace that but everything else so far looks to be in good shape. Talked to the previous owner and he said they sat in the barn all year and each summer he would spend too much to get them ready for the grand kids only to have sit again Not sure of the hours as I having problems getting the CanDoo software running. Can't get Net 3.5 on my Win 10 laptop

Thanks for any help or suggestions

You need to provide the codes before anyone can help you.

CanDoo has a good forum, they may be able to help you load Net 3.5 so you can get the codes.
I am running Windows 10 on my laptop and CanDoo works. Take care of any windows requirements before loading application software. Reboot after you load files to make sure they start properly.

Make sure you go to the CanDoo website as your instructions say and download the proper USB driver and other files.

Net 3.5
Download Windows Identity Foundation from Official Microsoft Download Center

Last edited:
I would siphon the gas out of the tanks and replace with fresh fuel - maybe start with 5 fresh gallons and ride it to see if everything is ok first before filling with 16 gallons. I like to put a can of B12 Chemtool (1/3 of a can on 1/3 of a tank) in my fuel once every year to clean the injectors. Definitely change the spark plugs and oil & filter too. With new plugs, fuel, coolant and oil, they hopefully will run great.

guessing reverse and steering and also guessing these are Florida skis because those cables fail constantly

I would siphon the gas out of the tanks and replace with fresh fuel - maybe start with 5 fresh gallons and ride it to see if everything is ok first before filling with 16 gallons. I like to put a can of B12 Chemtool (1/3 of a can on 1/3 of a tank) in my fuel once every year to clean the injectors. Definitely change the spark plugs and oil & filter too. With new plugs, fuel, coolant and oil, they hopefully will run great.
I just drained my tanks and pulled the fuel pumps I was a Little yucky on the very bottom so I cleaned and changed the two filters on the pump. It was obvious when I had it apart made a huge difference

OK Sorry for the lack of info or unclear post These are South Texas skis and 95% sure they were used in salt water vs fresh water. Both steering and reverse cables are bad and have pulled them. Did a post on the impeller housing wear/damage Next on the list is to drain the fluids and replace and install new fuel pump filters. Our suction hose is too large of diameter to fit down the dipstick tube so we are going to Home Depot for a new hose and fittings Need to find a new speedo for one of the pair and hate what I am seeing on prices for that. The rest should be pretty straight forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back