New Site Feature Suggestions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
[MENTION=51350]Jetskigoodies[/MENTION] [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] [MENTION=59978]kicker[/MENTION] [MENTION=16022]Dr Honda[/MENTION] [MENTION=51401]LouDoo[/MENTION] Sweet! [MENTION=29781]Spimothy Leary[/MENTION]

Ok so I got a notification on this, but no pop up? Or is that not how it works? I tend to check the notifications under the tools tab fairly frequently. Or is this some how tied to a Faceboogie or Squatter account? Neither of which I have. Ain't nobody got time for that. Click the link if you don't get that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nh7UgAprdpM

Last edited by a moderator:
[video=youtube;oguTWaHJeV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oguTWaHJeV4[/video]

Ok so I got a notification on this, but no pop up? Or is that not how it works? I tend to check the notifications under the tools tab fairly frequently. Or is this some how tied to a Faceboogie or Squatter account? Neither of which I have. Ain't nobody got time for that. Click the link if you don't get that reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nh7UgAprdpM

Do you get a notification if someone mentions your name or just when they send you a PM....any other times??
Thanks.

Its fresh...he's still working on it. Its just to talk to someone directly. I would hope we can just get a pop up...and/or integrate it into the site upgrade.

Its just nice when you want to get someones attention, but dont want to PM them.

O.K., I got a question. I just noticed over in the personal information section the words, "Mentioned" and "Tagged". What does this mean, I noticed I got a mentioned, is this good or bad?

Also while I'm at it I don't like the idea of twitter and facebook. Right now I've been on the forum more than usual, things are a little slow at work. Normally I check the forum in the morning, at noon and in the evening. That's about all the time I have for social networking, so at least for me twitter and facebook would only take away time that I spend on the forum.

Lou

Lou all you need to do is put an @ sign in front of someones user name to get their attention in a thread and the will be alerted to it.. say someone is asking who have a spare decal laying around (which happened earlier) you can say " [MENTION=31048]LouDoo[/MENTION] has a few "and it will get their attention to the thread.

Yup it has nothing to do with FB or Twitter...just works in a similar way. @ vs #

I know it would take a guy a long time to organize, but we should maybe start it. A thread pointing out other thread links to common issues. Its getting close to summer...the newbs that need an answer RIGHT NOW!!! time. What better way to help them than a stickied in big bold letters "The answers to every common problem we know". It could be built up over time, and older threads could get edited to take out the fluff. It seems they never use the search.

I already got my first noob who wants me to call him to hand hold him thru a nightmare cobbled together machine. Told him he needs to post so everyone can learn from his machine.

O.K., I got a question. I just noticed over in the personal information section the words, "Mentioned" and "Tagged". What does this mean, I noticed I got a mentioned, is this good or bad?............

Seams like a lot of work to click on "tools" then again on "my profile" just to see if someone mentioned you.

Greg or Lou please mention me so I can see if it works for me.

Hey greg, can you set it up to give you a little dropdown box on the notifications link to see all different notifications and be able to click on them? I was just on my snowmobile site and thats how it works over there.

Or...maybe add a slider, or change the messages slider to a notifications slider...

Parts wanted section

A great idea would be to create a parts wanted section, where sellers can contact other members who are looking for certain parts. :lol: :thumbsup: :cheers:

The thumbs up I gave JSG on the above post now shows me the red thumbs down(immediately after I clicked the green thumbs up) that I could click and give him a thumbs down on that post????????

Thats jsut a way to un-thumbs up it. Not really giving it a thumbs down. Kinda like unliking something on Facebook. :cheers:

Thats jsut a way to un-thumbs up it. Not really giving it a thumbs down. Kinda like unliking something on Facebook. :cheers:

Don't know how others feel but I don't like the thumbs up turning to a red thumbs down when you click it, very confusing. Not sure if I'm giving them a thumbs up or down. Got to be a better way to have an option to remove the thumbs up!

My recommendation, when you click it have it change to a yellow thumbs up and increase the number by 1 then if you click it again it goes back to green and the number goes down by 1.

I need a “work mode" feature that disables pictures and avatars pictures so my boss will stop yelling at me to get off those jetski websites.... but that's just me

I need a “work mode" feature that disables pictures and avatars pictures so my boss will stop yelling at me to get off those jetski websites.... but that's just me

Already has it. Log into your account, click the tools tab, then general settings. You can turn off the images and avatars and imges in posts, you can change the "skin" of the forum to make it less obtrusive. Just gotta poke around but this stuff is magically already built in to like every forum.

interesting post above, I wasn't aware of that... it might come in handy, glad it was brought up...

one thing... not sure if it easy or not coding wise....

but "spoiler" button might be pretty nice, we use it a lot on the realgm boards... (one of the few things I like about the realgm boards)

but basically its a button where you can hide text/pic's.. and the viewer clicks the button, to open p the hidden info below...

i think its a spin off off rotten tomatoes from years ago, granted we mainly used it for funnies than anything else, but it really does come in handy.

While I was uploading my new traction mat pics I had about 15 of them but had to make 3 different post to get them all in.

How about allowing more than 5 pics in a post.

While I was uploading my new traction mat pics I had about 15 of them but had to make 3 different post to get them all in.

How about allowing more than 5 pics in a post.

Upload your pics to Photobucket or the like and just link them to the forum, much easier to me and you can put a bunch in each post.

I am thinking a forum for "events" or a events calender.

Somewhere to list what is going on and who is doing what and when seadoo related.
Local rides, group rides, seadoo/boat shows, races, big sales dates etc

Sent using Tapatalk

Back