Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's more an elliptic since the Earth is round, or is it? :) And yet it moves (Galileo Galilei)... This is why you see ships disappearing on the horizon out at sea. But our skis and lakes are too small to notice...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_Earth

Actually, Earth is more like an orange, not exactly round so should you have a ski accident at exactly the 40th parallel, you could always argue that the Earth is not perfectly round... And don't get me started on exoplanets...

Benji.

Not sure if any of you guys have been to eather of these lakes but norris lake or lake cumberland in TN would be a really nice place to do something at and kinda right in the middle....just putting it out there...

Not sure if any of you guys have been to eather of these lakes but norris lake or lake cumberland in TN would be a really nice place to do something at and kinda right in the middle....just putting it out there...
Cumberland is KY, Norris in TN

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cumberland could be good as its pretty central. We could just take over one of the small islands and camp which would make the trip pretty cheap for everyone.

Cumberland could be good as its pretty central. We could just take over one of the small islands and camp which would make the trip pretty cheap for everyone.

Yea your right sorry about that , yep lots of fun at these places

Yes: 0 is the equator. So Santiago, Chile is at 33th parallel, but South (S equals South and N equals North). At 0, you are steaming!!! And by the way, our time zones are related to longitude, which is the east-west measurement with Greenwich, UK being the 0 point.

So my insurance is worth shit! But who would drive 3000 miles to go for a ski ride!

Benji.

Yes: 0 is the equator. So Santiago, Chile is at 33th parallel, but South (S equals South and N equals North). At 0, you are steaming!!! And by the way, our time zones are related to longitude, which is the east-west measurement with Greenwich, UK being the 0 point.

So my insurance is worth shit! But who would drive 3000 miles to go for a ski ride!

Benji.
I would complain to them

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Problem with all destinations is that US and Canada counts for close to half of the world!!!! and that's a long drive. This is why we now have the Internet!

Benji.

So maybe we should pick up a spot in UK: it would be at the dead center of the world East-West. Or in North/Middle Africa (on the west coast or the Atlantic), it would be the absolute center East-West and North-South!

Benji.

I would definitely hit TN... Especially if it's more central for everyone.. And also, I'm glad you mentioned the camping thing.. Trust me, I'd always be the first one in line behind [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION] jumping into a hot tub at a nice resort, but I'm also always down for the cause, which is to make a road trip to meet up with a bunch of dudes, so roughing it in a tent for one, two or three nites would be interesting and fun, especially since we aren't backpacking to the location, so each person could easily pack a one man tent and a sleeping bag in their vehicles, EVEN Matt and Nick with their vehicles packed to the GILLS with skis and equipment. That would save some coin for a two night stay... I was going to mention it earlier bc there are some pretty nice islands here for overnight camping only a few hundred yards from the key/land (I.e. An emergency, such as Braley running out of "cervesas")... But either way, I'd go either route, camp it or hotel, motel, holiday inn...

Again, the TN is sounding good..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And benji, you are right about the trailer.. You wouldn't think of these things until it's too late.. I'm not sure if trailers are covered under the towing vehicles policy? Or if there is an actual ski/vessel on the trailer at time of incident if that ski/vessels insurance would cover any trailer incident, but we responded to an accident on the bridge where I work and a person had been riding their bike ACROSS the span that says "WALK BIKE ACROSS SPAN", lost their balance, fell over the concrete curb that separates the lane from the walkway, and although the truck had missed this person, there was a trailer in tow, which the right wheel had run over this persons head/neck.. The person was conscious and alert when we got there, although having some road rash, they mentioned that they were having difficulty breathing and it felt like they were "drowning"...(that's gotta be scary, not being able to breathe)... So, although the person made it to the hospital alert and awake, they were put in a medically induced coma due to brain swelling... Within 24 hours, this person was deceased, and I know for a fact because I was the one who did the follow up with the medical examiner..

So, although rare, trailers can be the center of insane litigation..
For the record, the person's head did not pop like a grape, most likely bc there was NO vessel on the trailer.. However this was NOT a ski trailer, it was an 18' boat trailer...
Scary stuff

Please no more gruesome off topic stories. This thread is about like minded members getting their awesome skis together and having a super good time.

TN could work, but since we have a bunch of toys, an island may not be the best if that is where the camping is. It is nice to sleep by your stuff, (tool boxes, trucks, etc.) But a campground with docks could work. There should be more lakes with the type of accomidations that you found in GA. I know that lake Philpott in southern VA has a group camping area right next to a marina. Taking over a group campgroudn would be cool since we would not distub anyone, and they have showers, etc. http://www.henrycountyva.gov/philpott-marina Never been there but I hear that lake is very nice. Doesnt have to be that one, just something similar.

Yea lets get this back on track. [MENTION=62923]Krispy[/MENTION] can you post some of the GoPro videos from the ride? [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Yea lets get this back on track. [MENTION=62923]Krispy[/MENTION] can you post some of the GoPro videos from the ride? [MENTION=41828]Minnetonka4me[/MENTION]

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Well, the footage isn't great. I could take some nifty stills and post them.

Anyone with editing skills?

Downtown Chattanooga has several hotels walking distance to the public pier. Live bands and beer during the summer. Lots of restaurants with everything from pizza to barbecue and grilled okra...yes grilled. It is amazingly good.
Can run the river all the way into Nick-a-Jack Lake. Round trip for me is about 60 plus miles.
There is a Tennessee Aquarium boat that does tours on the River. That boat throws a wake so big that my son-in-law goes completely out of site before popping up and getting serious air.
Can also put in above Chickamauga Dam a couple miles away and ride all the way to Knoxville if a person wanted to. You will have to go through a couple of Locks getting there and it is over 100 miles.
The big twin screw cruisers leaving the marina at the dam and going up river are great to jump wakes. On Friday afternoon they are all leaving out of the Marina for the weekend. We will get behind one after another jumping their wakes. Sometimes it seems like never ending fun. They all come back Sunday afternoon...more fun.
Would be a little different from your previous excursion, but could be a great time.

Some similar cabins in Lake Cumberland, KY would be at Alligator II marina.

http://www.indianhillsresort.com/html/cabin_rentals.html

I wouldn't mind getting one of those cheap, "fishing" cabins...they look a little dingy, but for the price, as long as the sheets are clean, im good to go... Plus depending on when it warms up, it looks like the prices can be 20-30% cheaper.
Anyone know what month "acceptable" riding weather is in TN or KY?

I def dont mind camping but being a large group makes for CHEAP lodging at big pimpin rental houses. We had 10 go in on a big place in Havasu from thurs-monday and it cost everyone $140 for the weekend. Hot tub, pool, pool bar...lol it was a nice rental house. We just need to be aware of parking which was mentioned when we were planning the last get together.

Ky-TN were def nice areas as I drove thru. Western Ky is where I lodged and it was a 13hr drive home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back