Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was definitely a successful weekend!! I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Glad the weather was nice and all the 2smokes ran good. Can't wait for the next meet!

Special thanks to Matt and Nick for letting us ride your badass skis

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yep, rode a 155 4-tec this summer and boy was it "massive" and "noisy". But hey, this is the new stuff. If I were to buy again, it would be a 4-tec. But I am still surprised that the 2-strokes performed during this weekend that you had.

Benji.

Surprised? Why??

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

One word: FLORIDA.. Probably the clearest water in the US and it'll be warm and plenty of places along the shoreline to break and eat, etc.. Tons of places that have boat ramps, and places to stay along the water or for a lot cheaper, there are places right off the islands that are 5 min away and about 1/4 the price..

I'll be down for any ride along the Florida coastline. Let's start planning soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got to be willing to drive! Nick drove 1100 miles, 1 way

95 XP800!!!

Yes, I meant that the 2-stroke "outperformed" the 4-tec (or performed better). It was probably just a fluke though...

How about upstate New York in May, like Lake Champlain? At least I could join... Lake Champlain is fantastic and huge... But I know, it is too far for you southern guys... :)

Lakes up North have (almost) pristine water.

Benji.

Yes, I meant that the 2-stroke "outperformed" the 4-tec (or performed better). It was probably just a fluke though...

How about upstate New York in May, like Lake Champlain? At least I could join... Lake Champlain is fantastic and huge... But I know, it is too far for you southern guys... :)

Benji.

"fluke"
That will be 100 lashes

Benji.

LOL,

Keep digging Benji................

2.gif

No I don't mind riding in the freshwater fl lakes as long as A) my chit is reliable and B) others will be there with something bigger than another HX that I can hop onto so I don't need to swim with the log rolling gators when if I break down and have to bail

And, I've got family in New York So I wouldn't mind doing the lakes upstate.. That would be easier for the up north guys, I.e. Nick, JSG, racer, etc..
I'd even do something in Michigan as I've got some interests there as well.. I'm assuming it's fresh up there.. Is Lake Michigan fresh? The New York/Long Island water can be nice in the summer but that great South Bay as well as the north shore is all salt as well..
Whatever you guys want to do, I'm down

Benji.

Damn, are you trying to stir up a shit storm? Hahaha this is a thread concerning a ride that a group of hardcore 2 stroke guys attended

95 XP800!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Benji.

Our 2 strokes probably can't perform in that NY water.... Lol jk

95 XP800!!!

And, I've got family in New York So I wouldn't mind doing the lakes upstate.. That would be easier for the up north guys, I.e. Nick, JSG, racer, etc..
I'd even do something in Michigan as I've got some interests there as well.. I'm assuming it's fresh up there.. Is Lake Michigan fresh? The New York/Long Island water can be nice in the summer but that great South Bay as well as the north shore is all salt as well..
Whatever you guys want to do, I'm down

I have no salt water hang up.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

I need a few more weekends to button up some loose ends on the trailer (new lights, harness, etc..) and swap a set of carbs. So I'd be ready whenever the warmer weather hits..

Nor do I racer, although I've paid the price so far, I'm getting better with keeping the EXTERNAL parts salt free.. And, I'm a stones throw from the gulf so it's hard to justify driving two hours to a lake when I can drop trout and pee off my balcony into salt water..

Considering this last one was a success with a good turn out, being it was 2 months to the day in planning, and needing to be suited up, I'm sure if we got something going NOW or at least buzzing, even in a more central location to the guys up north or up north, as long as the weather is right, we could make it epic

Yeah, someone needs to take the lead on this one and scout the place out. Krispy did a great job on this one. I'll fund nicks trip again to get westside powersports to the ride.

95 XP800!!!

I'll be in Florida for Christmas. My mom lives in Sebring I plan to ride somewhere

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

How about Ohio? Lake ERIE, Fairport Harbor. Protected by break water is huge area. Islands on ERIE. Most days big time chop on open lake. Climb and get air on 3-4 footers. Many places to eat. Got Big lakes south of ERIE. Then there is Cleveland area too. Big state park right at shore.

Adam, I agree, I think we can come up with a few locations and depending on the region, someone from there take the lead, as Krispy did. If we decide SW FL, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

Dude at least 5 or 6 months before can ride the great Lakes

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking/figuring. May June and it's probably still cold at that time. I think I remember NY water not really getting warm enough to be in it until late June early july

SW Florida would be nice but it's the absolute furthest location for many of the guys. I was thinking TN or NC possibly

95 XP800!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back