Members Unite! Central East Coast Ride

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumberland works for me! I'm about 1 1/2 hours from there! Basically Memorial Day thru Labor Day is the best riding weather around here. I ride Barren River Lake which is nice because its 20 mins from me but Cumberland is much nicer. Plenty of Marinas with food and Lodging. If its Cumberland probably four or five of us from Bowling Green will come over. I could talk them into that drive. A word of warning about KY lakes. They are dry as in adult beverages. People have it, but if you are acting a fool you will get checked. TN you can have a keg on your boat if you want as long as the driver is sober. I don't think that would be an issue while riding with this group, but just something to keep in mind. Its frowned upon in most campgrounds also, but goes back to stay cool and nobody will bother you. Dale Hollow is just south of Cumberland and splits the KY/TN line. Just throwing another Lake in the hat. If I come my gf will more than likely come with me. She has her own ski and rides the shit out of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this going to be a guys only weekend again?

IM UP FOR WHAT EVER , I DO GOT TO SAY THO MY WIFE LOVES TO RIDE HER 96 SPX SO IM SURE SHE WOULD WANT TO COME BUT YA KNOW ILL PUT MY FOOT DOWN IF I NEED TO LOL. PART OF ME SAYS WE DO THE CAMPING THING AT CONLEY BOTTOM, THEY ALSO HAVE HOUSEBOATS, CABINS AND MOTEL UNITS AND WHO EVER WANTED TO COME COULD COME AND FROM THERE WE CAN JUST RIDE AND WHAT NOT...

CHECK OUT CONLEY BOTTOM

http://conleybottom.com/

I am sure my wife would like to come, but only if there were other wives to complain to about our Seadoo addiction etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure my wife would and my other friends wife would come to...if it was ok

Listen,
bring the wife, the neighbor's wife, your mistress, whoever....especially if they like to ride

The last event we just put that in there, in all reality we could have brought them as we all had double beds....but there arent many that want to hear us yap about seadoos all weekend.

judging by that weather card, its looking like May is acceptable, but most will probably prefer June or July. What do you guys think?

I think June would be preferable with water temp especially if wives are coming. I don't need to hear complaints about how cold it is all week, lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Here are a few pics I had on my phone from my last trip in August. We went the houseboat route for this trip again. I've been there pretty much every year since I was a kid.

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

Houseboat comes with 2 lifts which fold away in the floor when not in use.

167.jpg

I would be ok with june or even the last week of may...if every one is ok with that we should just plan on it and wait till about the 1st part of march to set the week we do it or weekend we do it. just to see how bad old man winter is ....

ok, so what place is this? and. are there any gas stations remotely available? (wondering if I should bring gas cans or not)

and on that '00 XPL, do you have to side board from the water or can you climb back on if in the water?

Conley bottom is nice, but my only issue is the distance to my favorite areas of the lake such as 76 falls, the dam, cliffs for jumping up beavercreek and otter creek. I guess a ski only group (vs boating) is different so we may not want to travel to those areas though.

I didn't take many pictures but here are the few I did...

View from cabin front door

169.jpg

From road

170.jpg

Beef brisket I smoked
171.jpg

Jalepeno poppers
172.jpg

View from deck
173.jpg

I have a short gopro clip too but I have to figure out how to upload it. We'll get better footage next time when we catch air
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Here is a pic of approx distances to marinas at the lake:
174.jpg

From memory, here are the abbreviations :

Dam = Wolf Creek Dam
GHM = Grider Hill Marina (approx. 2 miles from 76 Falls)
BCM = BeaverCreek Marina
SD/JDM = State Dock/Jamestown Marina (2 Marinas in one cove)
CSM = ?
Ali II = Alligator II Marina
WCM = Wolf Creek Marina
CMB = ?
LFM = Lee’s Ford Marina
BRM = ?
OPM = Omega Park Marina

Screw the GoPro, the fat cap on that brisket is calling my name!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Is that blue cheese chunks on those poppers? I'm salivating here

[MENTION=33499]WhiskeyD[/MENTION]
That 95 ran spot on all damn weekend. Amazing! Is your buddy that came with you on the forum?

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

Is that blue cheese chunks on those poppers? I'm salivating here

Oh yeah, half were blue cheese, cream cheese and Cheddar cheese. Other half was cream cheese and cheddar with ranch powder and of course bacon!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back