How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a Brand New 2008 RXT Left over for 9,999 with a 4 year Warranty!, I thought I got a great deal was going to go with an 09 but didn't want to turn down a 4 year Warranty.

I bought a 2005 Islandia in 2006 for $31,500, 250 HP, not sure about my warranty, didn't get any manuals, just found out that it was supposed to come with storage support poles for the bimmi top, I had to replace the 12volt plug and the water pump the first time I used it. The dealer I bought from went tits up not long after I got the boat.

230 wake

08 230 wake paid $32,ooo trade a 96 18ft Baja that I paid $5000 for about 2 years earler. plus with all the issue as some you you have read on here. Got Cash back 2 boat covers and waiting on 4 new rims and tires for the trailer.

paid $16,000 for a 2010 sea doo challenger 0 hours 4 year warranty 255hp se... Traded in a 2001 yamaha ls 2001 dealer gave me like 6200 on the trade..
135.jpg

I paid $1500 for a 98 speedster with bad mpem
it came with like new black cover, EXTRA hood and a set of upper seats
sold hood for $500, seats for $450 to a total of $950
that means i paid $550 for the boat.
spent $400 on misc stuff.
$950 total cost

max cost will be $1400 for a mpem. so idealy im looking at $2350 for a $6000+ boat :)

Price for 1997 gs (787) Good deal?

Buying my first PWC. 1997 GS in cherry outer condition looks clean inside, unknown hours. With trailer. New battery. Fired right up in driveway. Water ride on Sat. What should I look for in performance/operation. Should I check compression? $1500 with trailer. Good deal? Thanks!:bigear:

Newbee to the board and new to jet boating. We bought a 1997 Speedster Twin 85's, with seadoo trailer and seadoo cover for $2800. The dealer unwinterized it and put a brand new battery in it. Test ride was 45 minutes on a busy lake on a Sunday afternoon. Picked up the boat on the following Tuesday. Hooked up a machine and the engines only had 149 hours on them. The next week took it out a couple of times and had to replace the bilge pump $28.50 and one of the medal plugs in the tuned pipe got a pin hole in it. Put JB Weld on the hole $7.00. Been on vacation this week have been on the lake morning and evenings all week. Our speedometer goes to 60 mph. It will do it with me and my wife in the boat. This is the funest boat we have ever owned, and we have caught a lot of fish this week too. Kermit

Got my 1999 Sportster 1800 2 years ago for $5200.00. Runs great, and I love it... Only wish I could use it more than 1 day a month...

2004 seadoo xp di and 2004 seadoo gti rfi. $400 for the xp di and $500 for the gti. Both needed new engines and the xp required $600 of labor at the local seadoo dealer due to a bad rave valve solenoid, i did all the engine installation.

Xp di $400 purchase price
$600 labor for seadoo mecahnic testing
$1300 for newly rebuilt 951 di engine on ebay
$60 seat cover
total
$2350 for a 2004 xpdi

gti $500 purchase price
$1000 price mechanic charged to rebuild engine
$350 misc engine peices on ebay , 1 cylinder and cylinder head
total
$1850 for a 2004 gti

tandem trailer on craigslist $600

X2 $2800. 99 sportster twin 85 hp. Needs one carb rebuild as of right now so $50 bucks. Got it out tonight to rebuild tomorrow.

Newbee to the board and new to jet boating. We bought a 1997 Speedster Twin 85's, with seadoo trailer and seadoo cover for $2800. The dealer unwinterized it and put a brand new battery in it. Test ride was 45 minutes on a busy lake on a Sunday afternoon. Picked up the boat on the following Tuesday. Hooked up a machine and the engines only had 149 hours on them. The next week took it out a couple of times and had to replace the bilge pump $28.50 and one of the medal plugs in the tuned pipe got a pin hole in it. Put JB Weld on the hole $7.00. Been on vacation this week have been on the lake morning and evenings all week. Our speedometer goes to 60 mph. It will do it with me and my wife in the boat. This is the funest boat we have ever owned, and we have caught a lot of fish this week too. Kermit

Score :hurray:

I paid $1500 for a 98 speedster with bad mpem
it came with like new black cover, EXTRA hood and a set of upper seats
sold hood for $500, seats for $450 to a total of $950
that means i paid $550 for the boat.
spent $400 on misc stuff.
$950 total cost

max cost will be $1400 for a mpem. so idealy im looking at $2350 for a $6000+ boat :)

OK.. not a Seadoo... but it's my newest project.

It needs a little love... but it's not bad.

It's a 2000 Polaris Genesis. 1200cc triple, 135 HP, and good for 4 people.

I paid $1000 for it, and the almost new Triton aluminum trailer !!!

77.jpg

Nice deal Capt Greg. You barley beat me. I picked up a 95 Speedster a few weeks ago. New engines and upholstery in 02. Garage kept. Came with the trailer for $4k. Few minor issues (blower replaced - $25). Still need to work on the fuel gauge and speedometer. Next step is to add some tunes. Have had it on the lake every weekend day since I bought it. Wifey gets a little nervous at full throttle, but I love it.

Just picked up a 99 GSX today.

My first ski. I believe I got a good deal. I picked up a 1999 GSX with only 69 hours on it. Running good and looks great one owner. With a 1994 SP with 100 hours on it. Also got a 1999 Shorelander double trailer with tool box and a Bandit single trailer. Covers for both skis, 5 life vest, service manuals for both skis, Straps, plus other little things like water proof cases for cell phones, wallets etc. All for 2900.00 cash. The skis started right up with the water hooked up and sounded clean. I will test it in the water this week. But over all I think for the price I made out. I will sell off the 94 ski with trailer for whatever I can get and consider the remaining cost a deal on the 99...

What do you guys think?

180 Challenger

Picked up 2009 180 Challenger 19,800. Still shrink wrapped. I love it wife freaks as soon as I give quarter throttle. Gotta it out without her. Waiting til after the 10hr breakin period.

Just purchased a 2010 challenger SE awesome boat I am coming from a 150 speedster 215hp the challenger is a major upgrade paid 26,100 out the door! Bought the marina's last boat. These boats sell out fast. I'm in southwest michigan the boat dealer lake effects delivered the boat and took my old boat out awesome service couldn't be happier now the 10 hour break in.

'08 Challenger

Got a used '08 Challenger 180 SE - 17 Hours on it / hydroturf bimini top and factory cover.... $14,000. Cool Toys Marine - Denver, Co.

1996 Seadoo

We bought a 1996 Sportster that had some mechanical issues that we found after the second time took it out. Nothing too serious with the help of a manual and advice from everyone here. We added the bimini, radio, hydroturf and the xp hood. We paid 2500 for it and have been enjoying it ever since.

Attachments

• IMG_7405.JPG
    IMG_7405.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_7419.JPG
    IMG_7419.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7435.JPG
    IMG_7435.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
I bought my 1st 1998 Challenger 1800 in 1999 for $9K from our credit union repo yard. Kept it for 5 years and sold it for the same amount! A year later in 2005 figured out that I was addicted and started looking for the same, found one for $6K and got it, still running strong today. Love these boats.

PC, The hood is off of a 97 XP I have the multi gauge working with all the warning lights and tach. is working both gauges are from the XP. I want to hook up the speedo but am still trying to figure out the sending unit for it. We paid 100.00 shipped for the hood without the tach; that was 35 shipped. Here is the best post on the forum for adding gauges I followed it exactly and everything worked perfect.

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthread.php?t=27048

this spring i bought a 97 challenger 1800 with twin 787's, bimini top, perfect condition interior, hydroturf, and stereo for 5700.

i rebuilt the jet pumps for 500 and bought carb rebuild kits for a few hundred (and found out that the carbs were already spotless... d'oh!)

it was running great until i melted a piston. now i have a 500 dollar top end kit on the way

i guess it was still a good deal though, because i've seen the same boat on craigs list for up to 9000

Summer of '09 bought a 95 Sportster with trailer for $1500. Just put $450 into new sleeves for the cylinders, and rebuilt the engine. (Cylinders were scored real bad and a piston was melted, and the thing still ran on 1 cylinder) Overall about $2000 into it and now it runs awesome!

Suprajake you got exactly what I got! I paid $1700 for my 1995 seadoo sportster with trailer, real clean - recarbed the carburators, took it out 6 times ran great, I put a hole in a piston in Lake Mojave about a month and a half ago.

Here are some pictures:
sportster1.jpg

sportster2.jpg

sportster3.jpg

sportster4.jpg

sportster5.jpg

sportster6.jpg

sportster7.jpg

sportster8.jpg

Here is a video of me and my girlfriend out in Lake Puddingstone Lake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4xM2JaC2c

Im rebuilding my whole engine and everything else in it, im thinking of upgrading the upholstery and adding a radio system to it.

P.S. My whole engine rebuild is costing me $1800..

Suprajake you got exactly what I got! I paid $1700 for my 1995 seadoo sportster with trailer, real clean - recarbed the carburators, took it out 6 times ran great, I put a hole in a piston in Lake Mojave about a month and a half ago.

Here are some pictures:

sportster1.jpg

sportster2.jpg

sportster3.jpg

sportster4.jpg

sportster5.jpg

sportster6.jpg

sportster7.jpg

sportster8.jpg

Here is a video of me and my girlfriend out in Lake Puddingstone Lake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4xM2JaC2c

Im rebuilding my whole engine and everything else in it, im thinking of upgrading the upholstery and adding a radio system to it.

P.S. My whole engine rebuild is costing me $1800..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back