How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My deal

Nobody beats my deal! 1989 free......Currently working in the carb, but she fires up with gas in the carb and great compression! I will be riding this puppy this spring!:hurray:

2001 Utopia 185 paid $1500. Put another $1500 in for "missing" electronics and replaced all vinyl.

Now have a $8000 boat for $3000. Minus eight gazillion hours of my labor and bloody knuckles it comes out to a $42.16 boat!

Scooper said it best:

"the rest of us just buy a piece of crap, sink a bunch of money into it, and hope to get half of it back when/if we ever sell it. Or at least get a couple seasons out of it before it gets parked at the back of our lot."- classic, just classic!

Free!!!

I forgot about my other toy. I got my 96 XP free. Low hours, since the previous owner couldn't keep it running more than a couple hours each season.

Took $50 to get it running, another $100 for the trailer. Then a wear ring swap for $150-ish to make it run GOOD!!!

Not sure yet... to be continued

I just bought my 1997 Seadoo XP with trailer for $800. It has sat in a garage for two years but did fire up when I bought it. So it needs a bit of work, so we will see what kind of deal I got when its all said and done.

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and new to Sea-Doo, but not new to BRP. This will be my first boat. I was able to score an 08 Islandia SE, brand new for $22k. I am stoked. Come on summer! :hurray:

It has the 430HP package.

This is a repo unit that came from a dealer that went out of business. The dealer I bought it from got it cheap from BRP and was able to pass the deal on to me. It was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. They do have another one, but the best price for that one is $24k, which is still a great deal.

Steve

Thanks Craig, I am really looking forward to summer now. This is my first boat and have lots to learn.

Steve

Got an 07 Tundra Crewmax with the TRD Supercharger, 500HP and 550TQ. I pull a TT that is about twice the weight of this boat, so it should be no prob.

I can see it now.....Your Islandia will be like...."Screw the lake! Take me on a road trip Steve!!!!"

Craig

Hello
I just picked up my new 2008 Isalndia SE OTD with 5 year warranty for $30,829. Can't wait for the hot days to come to take it out on the water...

Paul

2008 230 with 430 hp brand new out the door $25,200 i have 2 pwc and this is the first boat. I can't wait for warmer weather

I think you did well liquid, nice buy. I just bought a 2009 Speedster w/tower and 255HP for 19500 back in November. 379/freight, 199/setup, 431.99 dealer options (cover), 1289/3 year extended (from included manufacturer one year = 4 year total coverage) BRP warranty. 21798.99 total out the door. had to drive to Red Wing, MN from just outside Chicago, but made an adventure out of it, had a blast and the people at River Valley Power Sports were awesome. I've got pontoon at the lake for a docking party station and now i've got the toy to keep those who can't sit still occupied. Hopefully this thing will be the go-cart on steroids that I think it will! I think Paul Pflueger at River Valley had a yellow and black one left just like mine (I bought the red one). This will be my first Seadoo, and first jet boat. Now I've got to get fenders, dock line, anchor(s), and make sure it's got all the stuff to make it water ready and legal. I have followed the posts in here for the last year or two and all the info is fabulous. You guys have been great. I've taken it all in from the hull info, not leaving it in the water for extended periods to checking all hoses, etc. to make sure nothing was forgotten at the dealer and I don't start to sink when i put it in for the first time. Now I've just got to wait for the weather to break and get it out to break it in and use it. Anyone got any other advice or thoughts for me before I get out there? I appreciate everyone's input and expertise. Looking forward to hearing feedback.

2009 speedster

purchased a new 2009 150 speedster 255hp and trailer out the door for 17,259.00 from a dealer in MD.i found it on ebay.

2008 speedster

New 2008 150 speedster 155 hp with a tower, a seadoo cover, a seadoo bimini top and a 5 year warranty for $15,999 out the door. Not sure if it was the best deal but we are happy and can't wait for summer.

I just purchased a 2000 Challenger 2000 sight un-seen (except for several pictures) from a guy in Ft. Meyer, FL. for $6500. Cost me another $700 to have it delivered to Indiana. It has the 245hp EFi V-6. The previous owner threw in 4 very nice life jackets, a new cover, new bimini canvas, 2-tubes, a set of skis, and several tow ropes. The boat is super clean and the only thing I've found wrong with it is the rubber boot on the steering cable by the jet nozzle is torn. My local SeaDoo dealer says the boot is NOT available seperate and I have to buy the whole steering cable.

I purchased this 8-pasenger boat to replace my 5-passenger Yamaha jet boat and 2 Yamaha PWC, but I'm not selling anything until I have a chance to put it on the water.

So, did I get a good deal? Does anyone know of any problems I should look for that SeaDoo had with this year, make, or model?

Bought my first ski, 96 spi, with a double trailer. I figured since I had that extra spot I "had" to find a second ski. Spi was great to me all summer, and I kept checking craigslist for a socond one. Finally in November I found an ad for a 95 spx for 1000 with a busted trailer. So I called the guy, I went to look at it and something just didnt look right, it looked newer. He agreed to sell it without the trailer and I managed to get him down to 500. So as were signing over all the paper work, it turns out that its a 97 spx....Sweet

Sweet deal...sucks for the guy getting the divorce!

2004 Utopia 205.

$6,000 without trailer. 75 hours on the engine.
Some cracked vinyl on back seat...but otherwise VERY clean and runs GREAT.

Spent about $800 for a trailer and another $800 for a full 100-hour engine service.

All-in about $7,600.

Hi Guys, I am new to the forum and new to Sea-Doo, but not new to BRP. This will be my first boat. I was able to score an 08 Islandia SE, brand new for $22k. I am stoked. Come on summer! :hurray:

Congrats on your sweet deal !!!

I too just bought a sea doo boat.

Brand new 2008 Utopia 205 with the twin supercharged motors 430hp.
Also 3 year warranty with $50 deductable.

Paid $20,000 flat out the door.

Paid $1000 flat to haul from FL to NY.

Still have to pay NYS sales tax :ack:

Add cost of tower and mods + $10,000

It is what it is...

But like you said....

COME ON SUMMER !!!!!!!

YA YA YA !!!!!

HERE WE GO!!!!!!

2009 Seadoo Challenger 180 SE

Got mine from a member here...forgot his name.

I've been looking for about 5 month for a seadoo challenger then I gave up and that's when I spotted the boat. It was $29K new and this one was being sold for 23K with 10 hours on it so I did what any maniac looking for a good argument/borderline reason for a divorce would have done and bought the damn thing.

The guy filled it up for me and even through the seadoo cover ($600) and the Hydro-Turf ($300) in for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back