How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

machprodcomp

To guide new buyers. List New or Used What do you buy, Year/Make/Model/HP/location and when did you buy. How much did you pay? Extras?

New 2008/Seadoo/Islandia/430HP-SC/IL Oct 2009 $32,700 5-Year warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Deal deal

New 2009 - Challenger 180SE 255 HP - 25,000 plus taxes. 5 Year Warranty - $250 BRP Money
After working about 5 dealers, all very close to the same price, I went with the guy that had the RED for the girls, and he's also a Suzuki dealer, so I figure it makes sense to have one place to service all of the toys.
I could have dickered a 100 or 200, but the guy had the right personality and we hit it off.

I bought a used 2006 Challenger SE180 wake tower. Bought in 07 with only 12hours actual,(dealer verified) usage. asking 22,500....paid 19K... incl 3 year prepaid extended warranty plus, 3 year prepaid service contract incl oil changes and annual check ups , aluminum wake tower, Bimini top, carpeting, bow filer cushion, seadoo custom cover with anti ponding standoff kit, satellite radio / speakers with remote dash mounted control,trailer w-spare tire, 2 sets O'Brien ski's, 8 obrien ski vests, obrien 52" tube, electric inflatable pump, extra tow ropes, flags, 6 bumpers , anchor, dock lines, first aid kit, flares,air horn...the works ...I had to pay a few bucks to switch the prepaid service and warranty into my name, but I haven't had to sink a dime into the boat....nearly 3 years later, I love it!

My deal sucked.

I paid $5500 for a 97 challenger, and the engine threw a rod on the 6th trip out with all kinds of problems before that (melted RAVE valve covers). I should have done a test drive, but the seller was too busy to stop mowing his yard and let me do a test drive.

But, NOS engine for nearly a grand, rebuild the jet pump, and I have a "like-new" boat. :cheers:

New 2008 Seadoo Challanger 180 SE from Marina Boat Sales in Lodi, CA. $17,500OTD + $500 Delievery Option (750 Miles).

Used 1997 Seadoo Speedster. Unknown Hours. $4000. Rebuilt both pumps, replaced the MPEM, and added hydroturf. Just sold her a week ago!

USED...

96 Sportster with a new engine but needing TLC. $1500. PA/Ohio

About a month working on it, and an extra $700, I've got a boat that passed for new at the local lake.

Total $2200. :hurray:

I found my 1996 GSX on Craigslist in RI listed for $2,200 with only 50 original hours. I ended up talking him down to $1,200, great deal, ran perfect only thing I had to do was change out the fuel lines and clean the carbs up and had a whole summer of use:cheers:

2 skis both 96 model years xp & spx. Listed on craigslist for $2800, with dual trailer, offered $1200 and they were mine. rebuilding carbs on spx, and a few minor items, about an extra $300 into them so I will see in Summer how I fared? Everyone seems to think I stole them at that price:cheers:

1997 gtx...

I had a member near me, about an hour away who was having a problem with oil in his PTO cylinder. I figured his rotary seals were bad. But, I went over to take a look at it anyway.

Once I saw the ski, I wanted it badly. This ski had 100 hours on it and looked like it came off the showroom floor. I was amazed at the shape it was in. After working with it for a while, I realized the oil had gone past the seals because it had set up in a climate controlled garage for a couple years.

When I ran and fixed it, I found out the member wanted to sell it. He wanted $2200 bucks for it, trailer, and OEM factory pre-fit cover. I did not hesitate to give him exactly what he wanted. I saw no reason to haggle for such a great deal.

I have since changed out all the grey Tempo lines and took it with me for the 2nd annual Seadooforum ride in down in Florida. I had one heck of a blast.

I would not re-sell this ski for less than $4k. Since I know that would not be offered, the idea is I'll have the ski for as long as I want it!!!!!

Attachments

• 1997 GTX 003.jpg
    1997 GTX 003.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 304
Great Lookin Ski seadoosnipe! B15Philly, the xp seems to run great out of the water, and the spx carbs are being rebuilt. Its a lil cold here in Michigan, and hard to put em in the water when its ice, lol, but I will find out how they run ASAP! :cheers:

Tom

2006 Islandia

2006 islandia $15900 good condition. can say how it runs till it turns up in Australia but will let you all know when it gets here. I guess thats the hard thing about buying a boat off video's and pictures

2007 Seadoo

2007 Seadoo Challenger SE, very low hours, bought from Boulder Boats in NV, ended up getting it for $10k, cant water test it till June till all our igloo's melt up here in Canada!! . I thought it was an awesome deal, local prices would be around double. No tower, but will soon be adding one.

2008 Challenger 180SE (215)

We shopped around and found a dealer in Lodi CA that had the boat in the color we wanted still in the shrink wrap. The price was $16,999.99, not including tax.
No wake tower on this model, being 6'-1" I didn't want to duck every time I stood up and moved around the boat.

We shopped around and found a dealer in Lodi CA that had the boat in the color we wanted still in the shrink wrap. The price was $16,999.99, not including tax.
No wake tower on this model, being 6'-1" I didn't want to duck every time I stood up and moved around the boat.
Mike @ Marina Boat Sales?

You are correct Sir! Great experience all the way around. We originally found the boat on eBay and contacted him and he invited us down to check out his inventory. Did you buy your boat there? Have you gotten service there?

My Deal

This is my first post here. I just bought a 2008 Challenger 230se zero hrs, tower, retract. windows, 430hp for $30,700, three year warranty. Pick'n it up next weekend-can't wait! Anything I need to be ready to upgrade (besides the stereo, apparently)? This is my first jet boat. Anyone have info on sucking things into the impeller? The peanut gallery at my work thinks this will be a problem. I told them I figure its probly safe at the same depth that my prop. boat is at least so who cares?

How some of you guys finding so good deals aroun? I bought 2003 sea doo speedster for 8000 US, still thinking i have got good deal; but not that good as some of yours......

Trick, new boat with a 3 year warranty, you almost cannot go wrong.

Some guys are good at recognizing what is a good deal, even though it looks like crap.

An old member Timmyboy76 was a damned GENIOUS at finding old seadoo boats for rock-bottom prices, rebuilding them back to like new, and selling them for WAY more than he bought them for.

He knew what to look for, and what was rebuildable for minimal cost but would make the value of the boat increase exponentially. And he was a good mechanic, so it would most likely last more than one season.

the rest of us just buy a piece of crap, sink a bunch of money into it, and hope to get half of it back when/if we ever sell it. Or at least get a couple seasons out of it before it gets parked at the back of our lot.

This is my first post here. I just bought a 2008 Challenger 230se zero hrs, tower, retract. windows, 430hp for $30,700, three year warranty. Pick'n it up next weekend-can't wait! Anything I need to be ready to upgrade (besides the stereo, apparently)? This is my first jet boat. Anyone have info on sucking things into the impeller? The peanut gallery at my work thinks this will be a problem. I told them I figure its probly safe at the same depth that my prop. boat is at least so who cares?

Don't go over shallow rocky areas. If its sandy, you're fine. The main thing that gets sucked up is sea grass. If that happens, turn the boat off swim underneath, pull it out, and take off again. Just be extra careful with tow ropes. But the only thing I've ever gotten sucked in was sea grass, and that was fairly common, but never did any damage because I pulled it out quickly.

07 Utopia, 20 hrs, aftermarket speakers, GPS/depthfinder, warranty into 2013 for 18.5k

Boats aren't an investment, you'll never get your money back. Spend the money and enjoy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input, Tarheel. That's about what I was expecting. I like what you said about the investment part of it too. There's always gonna be the occasional guy who's really into something and likes to work on it who can make money, but if yer just out to have some fun mostly you just have to "pay to play".

As far as deals go I'm pretty happy with what I got. I've got lots of toys (69chevy, 74 olds convertible, suzuki TL1000, honda valkyrie, 95 baja 170, 79 jeep CJ5, 85 jeepCJ7 . . . anyone want to buy something?) and I've found that shopping's a lot like hunting. You wait and wait and wait and then when the time is right don't hesitate. (Sounds like a song lyric).

1995 Seadoo Speedster

By accident, I happened across a a guy who had a 1995 Speedster for sale that had been kept in a heated garage all its life, and used to take his grandkids boating and tubing only a few times a year. I had ridden in a Speedster years ago only once, and I wanted to add a toy to play with besides our "big" boat. This boat's waxed finish just gleemed, the seats and steering cover were in perfect shape, not faded or torn, no marks or blemishes on the hull. The trailer was also in pristine condition. So, I asked him what he wanted for it, $3600 was what the dealer had listed it for, but it never sold. I offered him $3200 CASH and he accepted and I took it home on the spot, untested. It just looked to be in such beautiful shape, I thought it might just be okay. I stopped at the Seadoo dealer in Hayward WI on the way up to our cabin and asked him to look it over for me. When I came back later that afternoon, he told me the boat was fine, and said these motors were among the best ever produced by Bombardier, and that the compression on all cylinders was 150 all around,almost like new. The impellers looked good and he had changed the jet pump oil in both. The mechanic said she should run just like a new boat! I then headed for our lake cabin, and couldn't wait to put her in the water. Everytime I remember this first outing, I can only describe the feeling of pushing those throttles up the first time, and grinning from ear to ear!!! What a rush, and no wonder people love these jet boats! So the only problem I have had, is not getting out on the water with it enough times this summer. Whats the word Volkswagen had in their commercials? Fahrfignuggen? That describes my Seadoo Speedster perfectly! I think we're going to be pals for a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back