How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my jet bot 4 wks ago not running, went to my hotel with the wife and was looking on here. My engine would only turn over with the plugs out(at 145psi comp. I had to buy it) I thought maybe a bad starter come to find out it was only a bad batt! This guy had no clue about it. 10 mins later a new batt and we were hitting the water! Price $1600 for the boat 100 for the batt. I have now put in wearring,driveline kit new inter and also buffed and polihised till new. Looks and runs great. Had it out today and hit 46 MPH, but still dont think the holeshot is good enough for a tube or skier. Any suggestions on that part?

Wow that was an a amazing deal.

If you are doing new wear rings look into new props since you'll be in there.
Solas or I forgot the other name but search impellers and you'll find it..

I have it back together now but am looking into a new impeller, going to call impros. I think I need to take off and reseal the ride shoe/plate and it will help with the hole shot

2000 Speedster

Got a 2000 Speedster great shape runs great with monster tower on it. 2 speakers on tower wakeboard and huge 2 person tube. for 5100

Great deal

Purchased new 2009 speedster 200 430 hp.$27500 plus tax with a two year warranty,color matched trailer with aluminum wheels.

Not sure yet what kind of deal I got...

I just bought (2) 2002 GTX DI Seadoo's.

I know that a lot of the talk is how bad these skis are but I took both to the water last summer and one ran great for 4 straight days. It has approximately 100 hours on it and I had no problems. The other has less than 50 hours on it with a new motor. It didn't run at all and I have taken it to the dealer for a review. The dealer says something is wrong insde the motor and it could be a "$500 dollar fix or a $3500 fix" He didn't know with out pulling it apart.

The skis look great and haven't been beaten up at all. The double trailer is new with only 100 miles on it.

I paid $4000 for the lot.

I realize that I am going to have to become a Seadoo expert with these motors but I cant believe that I cant make them worth it. I would like to get them both running and keep the best one. The I want to seel the other for a 2 seater.

Any thoughts?

RPX

2008 150 Speedster, 155 HP, new on the showroom floor (leftover model, never been in the water) with bimini, full cover and trailer, $15,237 out the door.

We were pretty happy. Dealer is ordering and installing bimini, will pick it up next Thursday. :cheers:

I bought a Brand New 1 year Premium Membership to Seadooforum.com for $59.95....probably the best decision I've made in a while.

secound hand 2008/Seadoo/speedster/430HP APRIL 2011 $15,200, i have paid up to now as extras 4800$ and still i have faced a problem at the engine. and the interior need full lethered to be changed and some adjustment.
i feel bad cause i bought it. if the time go back i would buy a new one.

1997 Challenger 1800 bought it for $1100 with one engine running and one not.
Got another engine out of a $1500 1997 XP - engine was an SBT replacement with <10 hours. Then I trade the hull/trailer for a Sporting clay gold Browning shotgun that retails for $1000.

$1100 - Boat
+ $1500 - Engine(via XP)
- $1000 - Value of gun
= $1600 - total invested into the boat.

Hey all, I was just given for FREE 2 98 gtx rfi's with trailer. A very nice couple, on Longboat Key, wanted them off the boatlift 50hrs on 1 and 200 on the other.

Hey all, I was just given for FREE 2 98 gtx rfi's with trailer. A very nice couple, on Longboat Key, wanted them off the boatlift 50hrs on 1 and 200 on the other.

OK, you win!!! :) How do you beat that deal, LOL.

Good score.

Ahhhh, tomorrow, I get mine out for the first run of the season. Finally warming up around here.

1997 speedster. in great shape but with no key cause it was lost and a broken steering nozzle and throttle spring. for $2,000. should beable to fix for another three hundred. and..... 1998 gtx 3 seater with 40 hours that had fiberglass broken underneath from getting hit. repaired for three hundred when could of been done for cheap if i did. paid $700! runs great

1996 Speedster, 6 life vests, gallon of oil, wakeboard, waterskis, two brand new batteries, and a bunch of other misc stuff for 2500.

1999 Seadoo Speedster SK (Red), 720's + nice Trailer, Bimini, lifejackets, stereo, & boat cover.

Only 30 hrs total use $6000 in Palm Springs last weekend. Boat is like new, gleams and no fading, plus he put down a carpet with snaps.

This time of year the prices are up a bit, so perhaps not the best deal but fair at least and I don't have anything to do now but race around in it.

Ran it on Lake Elsinore and its great. Only problem is left engine start button needs to be replaced as it takes a jiggle to make good contact.

Engines start right up, engine bay stays nearly dry after an hour of zipping around.

Looking forward to a fun year on the water.

Seems like a babe magnet too, as I just had it for a couple hours in my driveway cleaning it up and checking everything out before taking it to the lake and I get this "Hi-iiii there" from a hot girl checking out the boat and then slowly walking down the street to the beach. I'll have to put some of these boat groupies to work and help me wash the boat in exchange for a ride. (Yes I'll make an HD video) ;-)

Price: Boat $6000, Hot girls hanging around...priceless!

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year I got a 97 SPX with the 800 powerplant for $500. All it needed was a new coil ground wire. 2 min of labor and it was running. It needed some cosmetic things, like steering vinyl, and VTS doesn't work, but it ran great until the piston rod bearing exploded. Destroyed the motor :( $700 later I'm back on the water. Motor was used, so I'm going to rip it apart and replace the suspect rod bearings. Will tune till plugs are nice tan color. Then I'm going to do a temperature comparison on the jugs with a laser thermometer to make sure neither one is running hotter than the other. Anyone know what the temp should be? (I'm guessing around 195-200F)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back