How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
it could be better than you think, maybe it just needs pistons and a good hone. (or maybe you ate a RAVE and you need need a new cylinder) there are many things that could cause that condition, but if you plan on doing a whole rebuild, you should be good ;) I'd buy it (if I was looking for a jet boat)

I thought I got a pretty good deal on my skis 3 or 4 years ago, but now after reading about some of the deals you guys got I'm not sure. I got a '96 GSX and a '97 GSX, both with just under 80 hours. A dual trailer and 2 Seadoo covers for $3000. Had to change the gray fuel lines but othewise they run great. Did I do ok?

We just got a '97 Speedster earlier this week. $1500, Trailer too, and trailer looked almost new. About 4 hrs of cleaning the boat & it came out nice. Upholstry is perfect. Some of the grip pads coming loose and one at the back missing. Cup holders all missing. Hinges busted on the rope compartment and front cooler, but other than that it's good to go. One motor smoked pretty solid, PO told me it would from sitting a while, after a few minutes (maybe 5 or 6) it cleared up. Glad I did it at home because it was so much white smoke you couldn't see the house across the street. I checked compression on all four and they were just below 150 each. I assume thats ok? We Took it out for the first time today and started up fine with minimal normal smoke. One motor (not the smoker) seemed a little sluggish at first but 'cleaned' out and after an hour or so things were running great. A little difference in RPM when throttles in same position, so maybe needs an adjustment there, but no big deal. With 2 adults and a 9 yo took a little extra to plane, but once it did it took off. Water was way to choppy to go over 30-35 most of the time, but had a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 years ago I bought a 97 Speedster from a soldier who left the boat out in the weather for 2 years while in Iraq. Asking price was $500.00 as is. I jumped on that like a duck on a June bug!..After complete carb teardown and cleaning, and fresh gas, she fired up like a champ. I did have to get a rebuild kit for the port carb and still need to do the same for the starboard carb. The interior was crap, I have it removed for recovering. After partial restoration I hope to resell for $2500-$3000. I am to "old" to play so all I use her for is fishing. She has survived 2 Michigan winters stored outside but "winterized". So far I have gotten 2 summers of fun for a total of $600 into her.

1994 Seadoo SPX 650 70hp with two place Shorelander trailer for $400. Runs great and looks new (except for the black mold spots on the seat and hood that I can not get out). The hood was faded but I used the heat gun trick and it looks brand new. Now I just need to buy another on to fill my trailer.

nice! you should get an x4 with an 800, you'll love it. you can leave the SPX for the mrs. but if you're not into crazy fun, go with a cruiser (with a bigger engine so you can pull tubes and stuff ;) )

97 CHALLENGER 1800 - paid $1000 bucks had a water leak on one of the jugs. Some JB and redid the interior. Ran great then the oil injection failed on me.

::CORRECTION:: After tear down what do I find? Water passages full of sand. not the happy white stuff either... this was the coarse orange crap. It was packed in so tight it was ridiculous...

So without tearing the other engine down, anyone have some suggestions on checking the other engine and flushing it out? Obviously we don't want to get water in the crank housing, but without tearing the engine down for rebuild this seems inevitable.

2 1996 GTI with Rotax 717 on a Shorelander trailer, one runs perfect, the other needs carbs rebuilt but does run and go in the water, bought on craigslist $1,000

95 GTS with trailer (hitch hiker) $500, Seemed like it was setup, owner stated never winterized. Battery was toast. Pulled plugs, put jumpers on it, played with pto back and forth. freed up, had good spark. Made deal and towed home. I mixed thick epson salt and distilled water topped of bat and charged 12hr trickle. Had full tank of oil and 3/4 gas. Put battery back and started right up in drive way. Off to lake for test drive. All was well. Battery only lasts a day befor needing charge with reg starts and stops. Ran whole week at rented camp only investing $200 in Gas and a set of new plugs from 9's to 8's as it was kind of rich black after wide open for few laps on lake. one step made nice dark brown. No turn over on last day may have crank bearing siezing, hope not but thats what brought me to forum. Great deals Guys.
Thanks
Rob

1994 GTX 657 has extra touring seat (stitching has let go). Came with new SBT motor installed in 05. rusty trailer that needs lights and wiring (easy 30$ fix) bought it in CT for $400.

Ski was bought in 08 used one year, winterized, started and used one time in 09. Winterized and sat till I bought it.

I need to flush fuel, clean carbs and try to fire it up.

Missed one here in central New York; '96 XP with single trailer, engine apart. Stored inside and looked to be in nice shape otherwise, sold in less than three hours on Craigslist. Get this; guy just wanted to get rid of it, first $200.00. Obviously I was not first, damn!!!!!!!!!!

New user on this site, not new to seadoo's though. I currently own a 2001 seadoo challenger w/ twin 717's, bought the boat from Missouri, Lake of the Ozarks off a friends parents that have some MONEY! (prob the reason I got it so cheap) I live in Oklahoma and as do the people I bought the boat from. They trailered the boat from Missouri and I picked the boat up for $1900! The boat was ran maybe a few times a year because they own 3 boats with a niehboor from vegas that have a baja w/ twin 572's that are supercharged (I have been in the boat and personally seen 135pmh by gps on baord the boat, not to brag but it's an awesome feeling). They owned this boat just to go tubbing behind on a small craft for giggles. It was rarley ran on water more than a week, maybe a little more every year but stored in a metal building raised out of water on the pontoon lifts.

Since then from about September up untill now I have installed a wakeboard tower w/ 2 racks, radio w/ Ipod & Aux connections, wired remote mounted on rear of boat, purchased 4 tower speakers/pods and I am in the process of hooking those up right now...I have just ordered Hydroturf mats for the boat, black in color should arrive in a few days. I have more to come, I dying to take it out since I have owned it it's never seen water from it's new captain. Boat is in really good condition only minor issues like corners of seat are starting to crack where most stress is from sitting on them but no biggy, other then that my only other problem I ran into was the fuel guage was inop, coming to find out I removed the fuel float and fixed the "F 1 fused" circuit problem by a thread I found on here that was helpful. I'm a technician on cars so I'm very mechanically inclined.

I also currently own a 1999 Yamaha XL1200 Limited waverunner, my first ski was a 1995 GTX.

I hope you have a bill of sale, because I'm calling the cops. You stole it..... :)

Should look sweet after you do the mods.

Soo jealous!! That is a deal of a century!!

New user on this site, not new to seadoo's though. I currently own a 2001 seadoo challenger w/ twin 717's, bought the boat from Missouri, Lake of the Ozarks off a friends parents that have some MONEY! (prob the reason I got it so cheap) I live in Oklahoma and as do the people I bought the boat from. They trailered the boat from Missouri and I picked the boat up for $1900! The boat was ran maybe a few times a year because they own 3 boats with a niehboor from vegas that have a baja w/ twin 572's that are supercharged (I have been in the boat and personally seen 135pmh by gps on baord the boat, not to brag but it's an awesome feeling). They owned this boat just to go tubbing behind on a small craft for giggles. It was rarley ran on water more than a week, maybe a little more every year but stored in a metal building raised out of water on the pontoon lifts.

Since then from about September up untill now I have installed a wakeboard tower w/ 2 racks, radio w/ Ipod & Aux connections, wired remote mounted on rear of boat, purchased 4 tower speakers/pods and I am in the process of hooking those up right now...I have just ordered Hydroturf mats for the boat, black in color should arrive in a few days. I have more to come, I dying to take it out since I have owned it it's never seen water from it's new captain. Boat is in really good condition only minor issues like corners of seat are starting to crack where most stress is from sitting on them but no biggy, other then that my only other problem I ran into was the fuel guage was inop, coming to find out I removed the fuel float and fixed the "F 1 fused" circuit problem by a thread I found on here that was helpful. I'm a technician on cars so I'm very mechanically inclined.

I also currently own a 1999 Yamaha XL1200 Limited waverunner, my first ski was a 1995 GTX.

Congrats man! If I ever saw a deal like that, I'd sell a kidney if I didn't have the cash for it! That's just too good to pass up. Happy riding!

I bought a 2002 Sea Doo Challenger 1800 (240 HP) in August of 2011. I bought it from a person that kept it at a small lake in Missouri. Overall it had some cosmetic damage to the gelcoat, easily fixed. Replaced the rub rail. The only part I have not fixed yet is some damage on the keel from beaching. Should be a fairly easy fix though. I paid $6500 w/trailer. I think I got a good deal according to NADA. (just not as good as honda97sol)

Bought my 2003 Seadoo Sportster LE (carb) with a galvanized trailer for $1700. Galvanized trailers down here by the coast are worth $900 at least. It was completely dead. After finding various electrical issues, opened up engine to find it was toast. +$1900 later I have a freshly rebuilt engine with new crankshaft, pistons, sleeves, starter, bendix, refurb impeller, drives shaft rebuild kit w/carbon ring, 2 carb rebuild kits and needles and seats.

It's like a brand new boat.

IMG_20120213_171243.jpg

3 months ago I got 2 96 xps with a shorelander double trailer with 2 neoprene life vest with built in 2 way radios, 2 screw in anchor post,and 2 form fitting covers everything in great shape for $800. Then a few weeks ago I got a 95 hx with a fresh rebuild for $350. I have pictures of them in my album. The hx hasn't seen water since rebuild, I have already changed fuel lines cleaned carbs and changed pump oil. I have pictures of head off motor to show fresh rebuild as well

yami gp1200, first $200 got it, had to leave work at noon to get the cash there no trailer had to tow it to the ramp 5 miles away the next morning.
rebuilt carbs and put new vinyl on the seats and she ran good.
sold it two weeks later and bought my xp with cash to spare :)

Hi guys, I just picked this up this morning: 1996 Seadoo XP with trailer for $800. I have to do a little work on it, but it seems ok...
IMG140.jpg
IMG141.jpg
IMG144.jpg
IMG146.jpg

Attachments

• IMG142.jpg
    IMG142.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 15
just picked up 2 96 spx's for 1,500 with a shorlander double trailer, both skis fired right up and all the trailer lights worked :thumbsup: one seat was ripped alittle but were overall in great condition and one battery was junk. but couldnt pass up the deal!

seadoo.jpg

howd i do? =]

Pretty darn good, those look like they're in really good condition. Congrats! (I would check the compression to be safe and make sure they don't have grey fuel lines though)

as clean as that is, it's a steal!! you're gonna love that thing if you haven't ridden the 800 yet :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back