How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Challenger 1800 twin 110's, beautiful inside and out, $6500 with trailer with 800 miles on it(bought it and trailered it to current location) threw in 7 jackets, tube, ski ropes and bumpers, 2 covers

$800 For 1998 Seadoo Sportster 1800. Had a bad MPEM but it is on its way to recovery. Should be in the water this coming up weekend. Needs upholstery. The engines had 160 psi on all cylinders and the dealer said that if the boat had more than 50 hours on it, he would be surprised. I think it was a pretty good deal.

Got a free '92 gts and a two ski trailer for FREE :D My dad decided it wasn't worth the trouble, and just wasn't into riding much anymore. Then bought a '97 SPX with a bad ignition: just needed a coil ground wire and lots of TLC (battery, paint on hood, new VTS, general cleaning). That would have been a GREAT deal had the engine not lost a needle bearing that summer...

I got my 2 SKIs with double trailer and full tune up on both for $8000. SC was blow not knowning but that would have gone anyway with the ceramic crap that Seadoo uses. So $1400 later its back in business...

wait i got 1 a 1993 sea doo sp with 150 psi compression on both sides and so clean inside you could eat out of it for $175. needs prop ($40) & a wear ring ($35). so for $250 i couldn't shake a stick at it! resale priceless lol

Bought my 04 RXP with 33 hours on it for 3600 cash. All it had wrong was a DESS POST and an oil change.

I can probably make money on it. :)

Got my newest toy for $1500. Nothing really wrong with it, other than it's been sitting for 5 years. I hope to give it a water test today.

63.jpg

64.jpg

1997 Challenger twin 1800 with trailer
new interior
1 new engine and 1 engine not too old however the new engine had no compression but luckily it was still under warranty. SBT sent me a new one in exchange and I spent my winter swaping engines. I also had to rewire the MPEM cause the other guy took it out to sell. $1800 for boat, Cables, 4 carbs rebuilt, 2 six pack of beer for my buddy, and a couple dinner out for the wife (for taking her half of the garage too) another $300. so around $2100 so far. We had it out this past weekend and she did ok, still breaking in new motor though...

2002 Sea Doo XP needing a top end rebuild. Came with galvanized trailer for $370. Even test rode it 4 months before it blew a piston. I haven't finished the rebuild on the top end yet to know how much total I have in it.

118.jpg

We are picking up a 2000 Challenger 2000 with 450 hours for $10,500 in BC Canada
What do you all think? Is this a good deal for here in Canada??
1 previous owner. He purchased in 2000 for $24g's

Attachments

• Challanger 2000 boat.jpeg
    Challanger 2000 boat.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited by a moderator:
2001 Challenger, $0 (but $36 for registration and title transfer, $145 and 4 trips to :banghead: DMV for trailer registration).

Needed about $600 of work to clean out the fuel system and replace a cable since it had sat for at least 3 years.

Father wasn't using it any more, great gift to me!

I got my 1998 Challenger 1800 for $4200. Had the rear bench seat redone $395, new wear ring and carbon seal on right pump $35, good set of carbs for left engine $300. Many many hours of work because some douche seemed like an honest guy who swore this thing was water ready perfect. Lesson learned.... NEVER buy without water test first. Anyway here it is.
1.jpg

I bought a 2000 GTX 951 Carb engine , with engine seized. needs top end and trying to figure out why it happened. ski has 64.5 original hours. found on craigslist Fayetteville NC, paid 600 for ski and double trailer w/ trade of my single trailer.

Could be that water got inside and it was just left alone for a long time. Could be that the rave valve struck the piston or even broke off inside the piston (had both of these happen before). Perhaps your jet pump bearings have seized. It could also be that a needle bearing exploded and a needle got stuck in some part of the bottom rotating assembly and jammed the works, or maybe a starter that froze to the flywheel. I would pull the head and check the pistons. Even if the piston just hit the rave valve, it would've dented it out, making it too wide for the sleeve. You'll see evidence of this on the top of the piston. If that looks good, I'd then check the pump...

I bought a 2000 GTX 951 Carb engine , with engine seized. needs top end and trying to figure out why it happened. ski has 64.5 original hours. found on craigslist Fayetteville NC, paid 600 for ski and double trailer w/ trade of my single trailer.

If you get tired of messing with it, let me know and I'll buy it off of you.

took top end apart, front piston is all scored up and was seized, while back piston looked brand new. having cylinder bored as we speak, other than the small oil line that was off in the front of the motor (dont know if i knocked it off during disassembly) are the only things wrong i can find . , Nervous to put back together and have the same problem, hopeing it was the oil line or it got water in the cylinder because the gaskets were very brittle.

I am looking at a 97 Challenger, single787, good interrior, good hull & trailer with cover, but it needs a motor I can get it for $1200.00 It is complete missing no parts. Good deal? This is not intended for a investment.......but to be used.

new motor will run you upwards of $1k. If the interior is in good shape and it comes with a valid trailer (and all titles), then I'd say so! Engine might be fixable for cheaper than new one, but that's a sticky matter.

you say "it needs a motor".... do you mean it HAS a motor but it has problems... or do you mean its physically missing the entire motor? if so, how much of it (carbs, etc?)

I have a local guy who will rebuild it with a hot rod crank ( quality parts) I would also have him rebuild the carbs. I would drain the fuel & oil tanks install new lines & filters for both, while im at it change the wear ring have the impeller redone & service the pump. it will cost but hopefully wont have a shitty experience. been through too much not to do it wright! (sank my explorer too many times)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back