How good was your deal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours is in far better condition than mine is, and you have a top on yours! I got a tube to pull behind mine. Good thing, since neither me nor my wife will use it! Might take our niece out on it yet this year to go tubing, maybe. Nice boat though!

I put that top after I purchased the boat, Dr. Honda helped me find it and install it! (over the internet).

Thank you for your compliments!

Lets see yours... Do you have any pics?

293.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

296.jpg

As you can tell there's a lot of stuff in my garage and to pull the boat out I have to move 3 cars around, one of which doesn't run at all, so these pics will have to do for now. Hoping to take it out Saturday and get some pics then of the outside of the boat. She needs a good wash and wax, I haven't gotten around to it yet having just rebuilt the engine after it sat for a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like mine, i see you have a radio, thats cool, hopefully I can add a radio in there..

So you rebuilt the motors? how much, and how did it come out after it was finished?

I have a radio but it doesn't work, I have to toy with that yet.

Rebuilding top end cost me $450 to have cylinders re-sleeved and get the pistons and rings and gasket set to do everything. Fullboreonline.com is the man! Had a problem with a ring being broken when I got it but they sent me a new ring set no questions asked so they get huge props from me! Engine works great now, have good compression and it was easy to rebuild.

Wow! $450 thats cheap!, Im not really that good mechanically so I have to take it to somebody, but maybe Ill soon start diving in... To engines that is!

It's not that hard, the hardest part was putting the cylinders over the new pistons and rings, and that was only hard because I'm a very shaky person so it's hard to do slightly intricate stuff while holding steady. But I was able to hold the rings by hand and slide them into the cylinders. Then the hard part was torquing the bolts down, which was easy. Don't let it intimidate you, it really isn't that bad. I'd recommend a ring compressor if you're nervous about that part of it but otherwise it's a simple unscrew everything, wait, put everything back together, enjoy job.

It's not that hard, the hardest part was putting the cylinders over the new pistons and rings, and that was only hard because I'm a very shaky person so it's hard to do slightly intricate stuff while holding steady. But I was able to hold the rings by hand and slide them into the cylinders. Then the hard part was torquing the bolts down, which was easy. Don't let it intimidate you, it really isn't that bad. I'd recommend a ring compressor if you're nervous about that part of it but otherwise it's a simple unscrew everything, wait, put everything back together, enjoy job.

i ordered a complete top end kit from SBT (cylinders, pistons, sleeves, everything) for 450 but theyre 1mm oversized

i wish i woulda found out about full bore before ordering

where do you buy a ring compressor? i'm going to be installing mine soon and am intimidated!

Well Seadoo makes a compressor but I don't know about oversize. You could try your local auto parts store, but bring a piston in to be sure it will fit. Otherwise the cylinders from Full Bore are set up so you can easily install the rings without a tool. I'd try your local auto parts store or if someone from the forums here is around your area you could try to borrow one?

Speedster 150 255hp

New 2009 Speedster 150 255hp... Dealer was trying to clear it off lot for $16,999, so around $18k out the door.

1997 Seadoo XP, FREE

My girlfriend's brother sank it and it got water into the cylinders. Her dad didn't want to spend 70 dollars an hour to get it fixed and said that if I wanted it and got it fixed I could have it. Done deal.

It had sat for a year prior to me taking it, but I cleared the cylinders, fixed a cracked exhaust pipe, put a new bellows in the water valve and rebuilt the carbs and ditched the gray fuel lines. Total investment of around 300 dollars for a great running Seadoo.

Business customer owed me a little money so they gave me a Speedster with brand new computer, completely new drivetrain from spark plugs all the way to impellers, new hoses, new control cables, new everything except for hull and seats. And even those only needed one good wash.

the only thing that does not look new is the drain plug gasket.

Based on the enormous money they dropped into it a couple months ago, I win!

I already had offers for $5000. Nope, it's not for sale. It's too much fun.

How was my deal?

Just bought a 2008 Seadoo Rxt-x three seater for $8000. In great shape with a dual trailer and 100 hours. I can't find any others for sale to see if I got a good deal or not. Anyone know?

Hey guys and gals! I'm a new Sea Doo owner. I just bought a brand new 2010 Speedster 150 with a 155hp engine, wake tower & bimini and galvanized trailer for $18,750. Out the door price of $20k. Damned taxes. :( Not the deal of the century, obviously, but she's worth every penny to us.

We wanted a fun boat that we could fit in the garage (we live in a community with a homeowner's association) and let me tell you...we got what we wanted! We are very happy campers. So far we've put her in the Intracoastal Waterway in New Smyrna and Port Orange, and in Lake Monroe/St Johns River. We'll never go back to New Smyrna, however, because it's all No/Minimum Wake. Argh.

Anywho, I'm happy to be aboard. :cheers:

Hey guys and gals! I'm a new Sea Doo owner. I just bought a brand new 2010 Speedster 150 with a 155hp engine, wake tower & bimini and galvanized trailer for $18,750. Out the door price of $20k. Damned taxes. :( Not the deal of the century, obviously, but she's worth every penny to us.

We wanted a fun boat that we could fit in the garage (we live in a community with a homeowner's association) and let me tell you...we got what we wanted! We are very happy campers. So far we've put her in the Intracoastal Waterway in New Smyrna and Port Orange, and in Lake Monroe/St Johns River. We'll never go back to New Smyrna, however, because it's all No/Minimum Wake. Argh.

Anywho, I'm happy to be aboard. :cheers:

Love your user name!! Perfect for a jet boat.

94 and 95 gtx

I bought a 94 and 95 gtx on double trailer for 700 had to clean them up change out fuel lines and rebuild carbs ran them 3 weekends and an oil line broke on 94 caught it quick and only had to rebuild the top end they need a little tlc seat covers are faded but i think i did ok.

96 xp, 97 gsx, 97 gtx with trailer and covers, 10 lifejackets, 5 new batteries and 2 gal xps oil -- 4800

Not sure if it was a great deal, but I don't feel to bad because it is the exact combination I was looking for. They all run great, just need a little tlc. Compression is 150 in all motors. (exept for my gsx engine is getting a new top end at the moment due to oil failure)

new Speedster 200

Just brought home my 2008 Speedster 200- 310hp with 25 hours on it. Paid $21,000 and the seller has a trasferrable $0 deductible warranty that is good until July 2012. He threw in all safety equipment, 7 life jackets 4 person tube, paddle, boathook, etc... Joy.

i got a 98 sportster 1800 for 2275 with new back seat and perfect front seats small ripin corners of two singe seats it had a bad starter and the engines had been flooded with waterhad her running sweet within a few hours was pretty proud of myself till she lasted 10 mins on the water now i don't know whats up still hopin i got a good deal!!
trying to be optimistic!

i got a 98 sportster 1800 for 2275 with new back seat and perfect front seats small ripin corners of two singe seats it had a bad starter and the engines had been flooded with waterhad her running sweet within a few hours was pretty proud of myself till she lasted 10 mins on the water now i don't know whats up still hopin i got a good deal!!
trying to be optimistic!

Sounds like you made out despite going to have throw some money into it.
I got mine for 2800 running w/good interior with no rips....
Mine is a 99 though..

are you mechanically challenged?
you are going to want a manual for your boat is you are going to work on it.
It is a must....

Do a compression check. anything under 90 to 50 probably needs topend
50-0 def needs top end.
If boat was sitting gas is probably bad and make sure to get oil injection system. Motor needs oil mixed with gas to run otherwise it will sieze up.....

1997 Challenger 787 single engine

Bought my jet bot 4 wks ago not running, went to my hotel with the wife and was looking on here. My engine would only turn over with the plugs out(at 145psi comp. I had to buy it) I thought maybe a bad starter come to find out it was only a bad batt! This guy had no clue about it. 10 mins later a new batt and we were hitting the water! Price $1600 for the boat 100 for the batt. I have now put in wearring,driveline kit new inter and also buffed and polihised till new. Looks and runs great. Had it out today and hit 46 MPH, but still dont think the holeshot is good enough for a tube or skier. Any suggestions on that part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back