How do I know if i'm using a learners key?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nspeedrace

ok so I recently did a top end rebuilt on a sea doo 2000 RX I have been babying it for about 7 hours and i finally decided it was time to open up the throttle and see what it could do. To my surprise I was only able to get up to 40-42 MPG and 5,500 RPM before it bogged down back to 39-40 mph and 5300 RPM it ran great at those speeds but wouldn't let me accelerate any more. It then occurred to me that maybe I received some type of learners key....How would I be able to tell and do you think this is the problem?

I'm not certain, but I think the only 2000RX that had a learners key was the DI model. Generally a learners key is white or green.

Lou

The learning key is labeled "LK" and limits the top speed to 35MPH. The ski responds the same in all other ways.
Also normally has white float instead of Yellow.

I would say if you got over 35 it's not a learning key.

The learning key is labeled "LK" and limits the top speed to 35MPH. The ski responds the same in all other ways.
Also normally has white float instead of Yellow.

I would say if you got over 35 it's not a learning key.

yea definitely not a learner key issue then, what do you think would cause this then? not enough fuel getting through maybe?

I am with the others,, not using a LK.. LK's do not "bogg" the engine to control speed. You have another issue. Fuel, air or mechanical..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a DI engine? the LK's only worked on the DI's in the 2-strokes. Could be any color, just depends on how it was programmed. If its a DI & not a LK, you would have maintenance warning lights coming on IMO. If its a carb'd ski its all a mute point anyway I suppose.....

Is this a DI engine? the LK's only worked on the DI's in the 2-strokes. Could be any color, just depends on how it was programmed. If its a DI & not a LK, you would have maintenance warning lights coming on IMO. If its a carb'd ski its all a mute point anyway I suppose.....

it's not a DI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back