1996 Sea-Doo XP - DESS

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Crown Vic

HELP NEEDED PLEASE - I have been combing the globe trying to find a dealer that can program a second Sea-Doo DESS Key I purchased from a dealer for my 1996 SEA-Doo XP. I have been repeatedly told that nobody no longer has the software to program the DESS. I reached out to BRP Corporate directly for assistance and they said that most all dealerships no longer carry the software for older units and that I should just try cold calling Ma & Pa Shops in an effort to find someone who might be able to help. I told them that the dealer sold me a key specifically for my unit just one week ago and yet, they can't program it......so why is BRP selling keys to consumers if they can't be programed? Any assistance/feedback would be most appreciated.

Get on FB and find someone on one of the SeaDoo groups that has a CanDooPro setup near you. Better yet, buy a system yourself. $400. Or you can send your MPEM out to Westside Powersports or Fox Valley Powersports and they can program it, and send it back to you. Easy peazy.

Get on FB and find someone on one of the SeaDoo groups that has a CanDooPro setup near you. Better yet, buy a system yourself. $400. Or you can send your MPEM out to Westside Powersports or Fox Valley Powersports and they can program it, and send it back to you. Easy peazy.
Thank you for the reply!
Can't say I have ever heard of a CanDooPro before. Not going to lie, mailing the module makes me nervous in the event it gets lost and then I would have nothing.
Can I ask if your experience tells you that either of these two dealers would have the software to program a 27 yr old Jet Ski?

I reached out to Fox Valley and they do program however, they won't accept me sending them just the MPEM....I would need to bring the who ski to their shop. The bummer is they are 5+ hours away from where I live.

Back