Full Bore rebuilds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
NIckCawks, Tom does some trick stuff to his premium engines so I believe they are worth it for sure. Standard engines aren't that much less and you pay extra shipping on those so for less than $200 you get the good stuff with a warranty. Sometimes I do a Standard engine. When you look at parts the standard engine is pretty dang close to the parts cost. If you check engine prices... Tom is tough to beat. As for best quality, perfect, none better..... that's hype. A correctly built engine is a correctly built engine. Find somebody you like dealing with and get r done.

NIckCawks, Tom does some trick stuff to his premium engines so I believe they are worth it for sure. Standard engines aren't that much less and you pay extra shipping on those so for less than $200 you get the good stuff with a warranty. Sometimes I do a Standard engine. When you look at parts the standard engine is pretty dang close to the parts cost. If you check engine prices... Tom is tough to beat. As for best quality, perfect, none better..... that's hype. A correctly built engine is a correctly built engine. Find somebody you like dealing with and get r done.

I like the trick stuff tom does too. Like the silicone on the head 951 head gaskets that still leak. Even the second time engine was sent back. The egg shaped cylinders on an engine that was just bored. The advertised ‘high compression’ engine that had less compression than a stock engine. The cylinder sleeve that wasnt pressed in cylinder enough so said silicone was required to ‘seal’ the head gasket. Or when he agrees to reimburse my money after 2nd attempt at fixing, gives half then sells the returned engine to some other poor sap in a ski that ‘supposedly’ doesnt leak now then still takes months to reimburse the rest. Sounds like quality business practice and good workmanship.
He does have some skill, a helluva salesman. Thats about all i see. Im sure others have heard same scenario from him- ‘waiting for the dyno to free up’ or ‘ i had to fix one of mel millers engines a while ago that he couldnt get right’.
When it comes to an engine builder, i always say take your time, im in no hurry. No need to flat rate an engine build.
Just sayin

Dont forget toms awesome bearings that were approved by nasa or some shit that are good to 30k rpms. Sure american made but is it worth saving $1 on a besring compared to bearings from japan that have been known for quality for many many years

Sure sounds like BS.

The more information on threads like this the better it is for the next guy to make an informed decision on who to use.

$400 savings or one could say $800 saving and free shipping both ways on a 951 DI. :) That money looks a whole lot better in my pocket for sure. :)
Then... I wrecked the engine, my fault. I called him to figure out the best thing to do. I wasn't about to expect him to fix it. He told me, "No Gene it's under warranty." I said Tom, you shouldn't warranty stupid bro." He laughed and said send me the engine I asked... Dude are you sure? He said, Yea. Well....Okie Dokie :) My kinda guy. You know that work cost him money and he didn't flinch. To me that is integrity. I gave him an out twice and he didn't take it. With all due respect to those that have had problems with anyone, I 'm not abandoning a guy like that without due cause.

Also, Tom doesn't give a crap if the PTO or the Stator is left on the engine. He says if you can't get if off leave on and send it anyway. I sent him a 787 RFI with the bottom cooler attached. I couldn't get the dang screws out without breaking them. I broke one and the rest were no easier. Tom got the rest out and didn't say a word. I'm not falling on my sword for SES but this has been my experience and it is as valid as anyone else's. Gene is a happy camper. :)

Whatever issues people had/have that's their problem. From my experience , nobody is perfect and no shop is perfect. It is a jungle out there for sure. Do your own due diligence. You work hard for your money. Spend it wisely :)

All I can say about ses is nothing but good. He has did over 15 engines for me and no problems. I'm even putting factory pipes on the engines. U must remember there is always two sides of a story and we only ever see one side on here!

You are correct bout 2 sides to every story. But if u send him 3 engines at one time, engine 1- leaks water at head, low compression, was advised to remove head by him and inspect found sleeve not pressed in all the way and cylinder egg shaped with less than 10 minutes of run time on hose since he didnt bore it even though it was paid for. Engine 2- 2 cylinder studs broke after complete rebuild by him with 5 minutes of run time on hose. Engine 3- hasnt been ran yet. But all the paint overspray and sand on bearings doesnt look to promising. So if you were me, what would you think?

Hey guys sorry to chime in but do any of you know if full bore is super backed up or when the usual turn around time, not trying to seem pushy I am just really impatient lol, heard great things about them and I sent my 720 topend in to get bored and i just cant wait ti get wrenching on it, thx!

Hey guys sorry to chime in but do any of you know if full bore is super backed up or when the usual turn around time, not trying to seem pushy I am just really impatient lol, heard great things about them and I sent my 720 topend in to get bored and i just cant wait ti get wrenching on it, thx!
when did you send it in? Feel free to pm me if you'd like

I sent it in on the 26th of December I believe and it got there the 31st I believe, I tried calling but it went to voicemail

I haven't been on in a while. Figured the forum would be dead. It's Sea-Doo hibernating season. This is the exact reason I thought I would check in. Was wondering if Full Bore had shut down or something. I paid in full for a Premium rebuild 787 4-12-19. Shipped out 4-18-19 with I expected build date end of June. Well into July still no engine. Emailing Was told end of August. OK they got behind. I was told That was a possibility. Sent another email a couple weeks back with no response. Still have no engine and springs coming again. I haven't bugged them or been rude. Dan and Lori was very pleasant when I spoke to them originally. I don't know what else to say at this point. 8 months from expected build date!

Last edited:
I haven't been on in a while. Figured the forum would be dead. It's Sea-Doo hibernating season. This is the exact reason I thought I would check in. Was wondering if Full Bore had shut down or something. I paid in full for a Premium rebuild 787 4-12-19. Shipped out 4-18-19 with I expected build date end of June. Well into July still no engine. Emailing Was told end of August. OK they got behind. I was told That was a possibility. Sent another email a couple weeks back with no response. Still have no engine and springs coming again. I haven't bugged them or been rude. Dan and Lori was very pleasant when I spoke to them originally. I don't know what else to say at this point. 8 months from expected build date!

What is your name?
Feel free to pm me if you'd like

I shipped cylinders to Full Bore in November. Started reaching out for turn around time in December. Email and voicemail went unanswered. I was polite and not pushy. Finely got a response on January 10th. He said most likely a couple weeks. We are now near the end of February. I sent another email yesterday.
I went to them because Nick at westside said they were the best. I have a local place I could have used. I have three Sea-Doos so I am ok even if it goes till summer but I just don’t like having a project apart this long. Plus we have been having 70 degree days here in Nor Cal so it would be great to have the engine done.

For what it's worth, I also have been waiting for almost 6 months to get my top end back from Full Bore. The last time I asked for a date estimate the answer was "won't be long now".

I wanted to go to Full Bore because I heard amazing things about the quality plus they trim the RAVE valves and send back all the gaskets I need for a pretty good price. I was expecting it to take a while, but I was OK with that considering it was the end of the season and being in upstate NY I wouldn't be able to ride until next summer anyways. Now it looks like we'll be swapping the sleds for skis sooner than expected, since this winter has sucked. I'd very much like to get my engine back together before the season starts.

The PayPal deadline for a dispute is up in mid March for me. I would very much like to get my cylinders back - with or without the work done - before that deadline. Next week I will be sending them an email asking for a refund and my cylinders shipped back if the work cannot be completed by the PayPal deadline.

In all honesty as nice as they are at FullBore there is no excuse for it to take this long or not respond to emails.
And as nice as Dan Squires has been there is no reason a 3rd party should have to get involved to help customers out.
Unfortunately I think until they can get back on track we should not be recommending them to members here.

And as nice as Dan Squires has been there is no reason a 3rd party should have to get involved to help customers out.
Sorry, I should have specified, I will be emailing Full Bore next week before I get PayPal involved. I want to give Dan a chance to resolve this before filing a dispute.

However, I will not let the PayPal deadline pass without either getting my cylinders back, or filing a dispute. It will be up to Dan which of those options come to pass.

I would definitely agree that Full Bore should not be recommended until they catch up on their work. 6 months is entirely too long for a top end rebuild.

Sorry, I should have specified, I will be emailing Full Bore next week before I get PayPal involved. I want to give Dan a chance to resolve this before filing a dispute.

However, I will not let the PayPal deadline pass without either getting my cylinders back, or filing a dispute. It will be up to Dan which of those options come to pass.

I would definitely agree that Full Bore should not be recommended until they catch up on their work. 6 months is entirely too long for a top end rebuild.
You are good and doing the correct thing.

It is a little confusing as there is Dan that is the owner of FullBore. But I was referring to DanSquires who is a member here and has been trying to help people here with FullBore issues as he knows the employees at Fullbore, so two different Dans.

Oh yea, I'm just trying to be a friend to all.. that's my only dog in the fight.
I've given the heads up on these issues to Fullbore

I’m kind of in the same boat with PayPal. I have until the first week in May to file a dispute. I really don’t want to go that route but I won’t let that deadline expire. Really hoping they get my work done and it’s not an issue.

Dan will never take your money. While I can (and I know Dan does too) agree that his communication has broke down a bit that if you call him and tell him you are done and want your parts sent back and a refund, he will do so.

Have any of you gotten your stuff back from Full Bore yet? It’s now the end of March and I’m on my second week of shelter in place and it sure would be great to have my engine parts back. Twice I’ve been told they would be ready soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back