Full Bore rebuilds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I ended up calling them before the PayPal deadline was up, and I got Lauri on the phone, who went and talked to Dan and found my order. The next day I called again to make sure things were still moving, and got Dan on the phone who seemed surprised that I had been waiting so long. Dan did apologize for the wait and said that there was only one order he had in the shop that was older than mine (feel bad for that guy!).

Anyways, it took about a week after that first call but the work finally got done and I have a tracking number now. According to UPS it will be here early next week. Now to figure out how to put all this stuff back together... I may be making some more forum posts in the near future...

Moral of the story is, even if they answer your emails and say things are going smoothly you should probably still call them to confirm that your specific order is on track.

It’s a shame that they put other orders in front of others. It should be first come first served no matter what. The one good thing is they do good work.

Well it’s been frustrating
I will try calling tomorrow.
It’s just crazy that for the first time in forever I have endless time but can’t put this ski back together

It’s a shame that they put other orders in front of others. It should be first come first served no matter what. The one good thing is they do good work.
I think that's what they try to do, but it sounds like maybe mine was misplaced in their queue somehow?

I've only ever heard positive feedback about the quality of their work, which is great because I definitely don't have the experience yet to be able to tell if it's high quality or not. That was part of the reason why I chose them over others, despite the many warnings that it would take a long time.

I called on Friday and talked to Lori she thought my cylinders would ship next week. Hopefully that’s correct. I will say that Dan and Lori are very nice to talk to. I just wish they had a better way of keeping customers informed of progress and turn around time.

I agree with the notion, but you have to put yourself into those shoes.

These are little mom and pop businesses that do their best. I can tell you as a business owner that there are many solutions to such problems and they all cost a lot.

what really matters is the end result, even if it takes longer than expected.

Actually I disagree. I am a third generation business owner and while my shop is most likely larger than some I have 13 employees, when a customer brings a car to my shop I tell them up front what my work load is that way they can decide if they can wait. If full bore had a post on their website that said if they were backlogged and the customer had the choice of if they wanted to wait it would avoid frustration on the customer end of things.
Gauging your workload is something every shop owner does. You can’t tell me Dan doesn’t look around at his shop and not know how backed up he is.
It wouldn’t cost anything, just simply updating your website as to your turnaround time.
It would completely avoid threads like this ever being posted. Remember this entire thread is about the wait not the work.

You make a good point. I guess I was think more along the lines of keeping customers posted on the progress of their specific motor vs just seeing a general turn around time posted

It's the nature of the one man shop. I completely agree you guys have kind of gotten the shaft this go around and their "systems" have not worked out well this winter. I'm sure something was on back order then got missed. But... They guy isn't out to get anyone. And his work speaks for itself.

I personally know that I need people to call and bug me when I get busy and miss things.

A month later and still no cylinders. 4 days from being 6 months

Yeah, that's ridiculous, I used Fullbore twice, each time I had my cylinders back within a few weeks. And that was no issue as recently as last Spring 2019, but since then it's been downhill. He's losing recommendations almost daily as the word gets out. I now tell people don't send them to Full Bore unless you want to wait months to a year to get them back.

He's getting hammered on the FB forum all the time, actually he's a moderator, which I'm not sure how he has time since his business is failing. But I think people are getting tired of defending him, still some diehards say he's "not that kind of person". But he's got your money and it's coming up on 6 months, no more excuses..

If it were me, I'd be direct and say refund my money and send my cylinders back...now, I've waited long enough.

Thank you for going to bat for the members here @DanSquires.

But in all honesty with the lack of communication and ridiculously slow turnaround time I don't think Fullbore deserves a recommendation from this forum anymore until they can turn things around.

Thank you for going to bat for the members here @DanSquires.

But in all honesty with the lack of communication and ridiculously slow turnaround time I don't think Fullbore deserves a recommendation from this forum anymore until they can turn things around.
I can't argue that, i only know they're working it out.

Just got my shipping notification. Thanks to everyone for the moral support. And a shout out to Dan Squires for following up for me.

Glad to see you got your shipping notification. Same situation here on my top end. Paid in full end of November. Shipped out a week or so after. Never heard a word from them. I figured I would have it back in March at the latest. Made many unanswered phone calls and Emails. Finally got an Email response, that they were back on track and it would be soon. Weeks later I started calling and my order was over looked. Then the pistons didn't come in yet. Then the pistons still didnt come yet, but should be any day. That was last week. I'm beyond frustrated, I should have this ski ready to drop in the water by now! My only hope is I get it back soon and the work is as good as people say. In all honesty, I can understand if a small business has problems and falls behind, but sheesh, at least keep your customers in the loop! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next week.....

Let me tell you about my experience with Full Bore. I, like you , sent my engine to him around the same time (end September Early October.) Didn't really think about it much until February then I figured I'd better start checking in with them. Make a long story short I got the engine back at the beginning of May And I had Dan Squires advocating for me too. I still think Dan at Full Bore is a good guy and I don't think he is out to screw anyone. You have to remember that he is a Mom and Pop shop not a mass production facility, He does good work. My engine is running great still 2 years later.

They did a couple top end bores for me in 2018. I thought it took too long at the time but it wasnt but 6 or 8 weeks at the time. Still...too long.
Anyways the workmanship was good and since the pistons I ordered were out of stock he upgraded me to Wossner at same price. Followed with the second top end job and ordered Wossners too for that one. All fine and dandy apart from some scuffing I noticed with a scope recently, I think it was caused by insufficient drying after riding, rust formation and scuffing. Probably mostly superficial but I think a little honing and fresh rings may be a good idea.
Now to the question since Full Bore doesnt really pick up the phone or answer emails and I was too stupid not to take note of what brand and part number said rings were...does anyone know for sure which rings go with +1.00mm and +1.50mm over 82mm 787RFI Wossner pistons?
I'd buy them from FullBore if I could...but can't if phone isnt answered or emails replied to.
Regards
Grimur

You will probably have to call Wosner since they only seem to list the piston kit number. Also if you have scuffing the aluminum transfer of the piston has already begun and new rings and a hone typically will not fix the piston. And it isn't typically caused by a little moisture in the cylinders.

Wossner Pistons USA

15632 Graham St.

Huntington Beach CA 92649

714-369-8547 or 714-369-8879

True. If it is more than a surface streak and piston is trash it is trash!
Need to tear the top off to see what it is about, compression is still fine though. It seemed like some rust had formed which then ripped the hone pattern a bit. Wanted to stop this before it became a bigger issue....but will need to tear it apart to realky see what is up.
Thanks for the info, that's all I can ask for and what I got too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back