need help, Full Bore!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Vandal777

I sent my 800 top end to them last summer. after a few calls over the first 4 months saying their were delays with piston rings. Now for several months of reaching out to them over email and phone calls. (left message) they will not contact me. Now what do I do?

I sent my 800 top end to them last summer. after a few calls over the first 4 months saying their were delays with piston rings. Now for several months of reaching out to them over email and phone calls. (left message) they will not contact me. Now what do I do?

It usually takes me trying several days in a row, but she will eventually answer. Just keep trying.

I'll keep trying. Pretty sad, my dad gave my son (his grandson) this xp800 last summer to come to his lake house and use it. I just wanted to freshen the top end. He highly recommended FullBore. He even gave my son the cash to send the top end to them as he trusted them, from all the other skis they have worked on for him. Thx for the reply

It is always after the fact when people result to posting on the forums but I highly recommend finding local shops to do the work. I my area there is a guy that does them for $50 per hole and they are back in a day or two. It is sickening when you know how little time it takes to bore these cylinders. I have a friend that has equipment from 40 years ago and sometimes he does cylinders for me. He can do two cylinders in a 1/2 hour while we shoot the beeze. I take them home, chamfer the ports and get them ready for install. Sorry to hear about your problem.

Not sure where you are located…I have had SeaDoo Engine Shop (SES) in Eastern PA rebuild my whole motor. Takes a few months with part shortages. However he is a great communicator and does good work.

Hold on! SES has as bad or worse of a reputation than FullBore here. Please do your research on them as well before sending them anything.

Sorry to this kind of frustration. We send our cylinders to an auto machine shop,,(Head and Block) literally minutes from us, (stoneycreek ont Canada), expensive, but does them in a week if non Covid, couple weeks during Covid.

Tom at SES answers the phone and he is way cheaper than everybody else. With the money I save the time frame it is not an issue for me. SES is the only engine shop I use. I have gotten 8 to 10 engines from Tom in the last 2 years. We have a good relationship and I'm satisfied. Not everyone agrees but that's OK with me. Different Strokes for differnt folks. :) Good Luck !!

Tom at SES answers the phone and he is way cheaper than everybody else. With the money I save the time frame it is not an issue for me. SES is the only engine shop I use. I have gotten 8 to 10 engines from Tom in the last 2 years. We have a good relationship and I'm satisfied. Not everyone agrees but that's OK with me. Different Strokes for differnt folks. :) Good Luck !!

Glad you have good success with SES.

It’s really hard though as so many have nightmare stories with them just like FullBore. I just hate to see members get burned here and honestly it happens a lot with SES and FullBore. That’s why I always tell people to do their research and buyer beware.

It really sucks there isn’t a good shop we can send members to.

Glad you have good success with SES.

It’s really hard though as so many have nightmare stories with them just like FullBore. I just hate to see members get burned here and honestly it happens a lot with SES and FullBore. That’s why I always tell people to do their research and buyer beware.

It really sucks there isn’t a good shop we can send members to.
I'm not promoting SES over any other shop just relating my experience and how it works for me personally. As you recommend many times, better to do you own engine and I've done that a couple of times this year. I just bought two cranks so.... the time frame doesn't work all the time for me. I think if you send an engine in now you'll miss riding season. There isn't enough money in Jet Ski engine repair to make it worth anyone's while to enter into the business. SBT has about the best business plan of them all. SES and Full Bore are nickle and dime shops compared to SBT. Mom and Pop. Unfortunately 2-stroke jet skis are a dying breed and I can't see them being around much longer except for diehards. In my area you can't find a shop to work on the 2-strokes any longer.

Just found this thread (I posted on another one as well). Same issue. Sent back in October (paid them on October 4th for top end, they machine my cylinders and match my rave valves and include new piston kit along with it). They mentioned the piston shortage issue back in October but that was the reason we went with the pistons they had in stock (there were a few options available to me) so that shouldn't be the issue. I think they just prioritized other work because back in October I said that December/January was fine as I did not need them back right away. Ha!

@POPPS Which place is this that you get your work done? I'd probably send my stuff there in the future depending on how this goes over the next couple of weeks.. Thanks

I sent my block in back in March of 2021. I spoke with Dan on the phone last September and he told me my pistons were being delivered that week. Here we are, end of April 2022 and they haven’t replied to a single voicemail or email. I’m moving in 2 months and I’m worried that he will send my parts to the wrong address. Can anyone get in touch with this guy?

I had this exact problem with Full Bore pre Covid. 8 months to get my cylinders back. Very frustrating. I sent an engine to SES and had it back when promised. And that was during Covid.

Back