Fullbore- Never again

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is sbt a total joke? my understanding is they rebuild engines, stand behind their warranty, are reliable, on time. I also heard if you're trying to soup them up, they don't stand up. Is that the concern? Do they use lower quality parts or something?
You make an excellent point. I'll bet SBT has machinery to do the work that most shops only dream of having, in addtion to a quality control group. I might pay them a visit next time I go to Disney World. I'll write a bang up report. It's easy to say someone does crap work and get away with it and don't even give a man a chance to defend himself. The one that has the most followers wins. Best to do your own due dilligence. Again... spot on bro. :)

You make an excellent point. I'll bet SBT has machinery to do the work that most shops only dream of having, in addtion to a quality control group. I might pay them a visit next time I go to Disney World. I'll write a bang up report. It's easy to say someone does crap work and get away with it and don't even give a man a chance to defend himself. The one that has the most followers wins. Best to do your own due dilligence. Again... spot on bro. :)
I wasn't trying to defend them, I'm just trying to understand. I'm going to need a new engine in probably 25-75 hours, and I'm trying to figure out where I can get it from. I've heard people bash SBT a couple times now, but the local shop recommended them for my new engine and all the reviews I've ever read about them is they stand behind their product & warranty and their stuff works.

So I'm confused why they get so much hate if they seem to deliver a working product on time and stand behind their warranty.

Honestly have no dog in the fight, if you will, but I will need an engine and trying to figure out where I can get one. :)

Also would love to see that report.

Last edited:
Why is sbt a total joke? my understanding is they rebuild engines, stand behind their warranty, are reliable, on time. I also heard if you're trying to soup them up, they don't stand up. Is that the concern? Do they use lower quality parts or something?
For the average buyer their engines are fine..IF you get a good one. Some people have issues within the first 5 hours after break in. Others run flawlessly for years. But like you said their warranty is legit but you have the shipping charges which is how they can offer it.

My biggest issue with SBT is the welded crank. But, if you want an engine quickly and don’t want the BS you’ll get with ALL the other engine builders as far as timeline, they are the only option. Some people may get excellent service from Fullbore or SES, especially if you work with them routinely. But the average customer who orders one engine every 10 years just aren’t going to be a high priority to them.

I am having the same problem. Sent cylinders 8 weeks ago. Was told it would be 4 weeks for the work. They received the cylinders 6/1/2021. Many emails and voicemails and no response. Anyone have a contact info for this guy? They don't respond to any attempts I have made. Does he just scam money and people keep using him? Will I ever see my parts gain?

Good Grief !! It is so apparent to me that anyone that does good timely work can surely have a successful business. Takes my buddy 20 minutes to bore and hone two cylinders and the size is spot on. What is the frickin big deal??

I am having the same problem. Sent cylinders 8 weeks ago. Was told it would be 4 weeks for the work. They received the cylinders 6/1/2021. Many emails and voicemails and no response. Anyone have a contact info for this guy? They don't respond to any attempts I have made. Does he just scam money and people keep using him? Will I ever see my parts gain?

All the contact info for him is the email address on the site, the phone number, his business Facebook page and personal one. He seems to only really respond to people he knows or customers that have had repeated business with him.

Don’t feel too bad, I was talking with a guy on Facebook that has had his engine in Dan’s possession since January of 2020. Still doesn’t have it back and can’t get ahold of him and when he does respond it’s always the same I’m getting to it next or I will see what the issue is.

The good news is if you paid with PayPal you have 6 months to dispute the charge. As soon as you do they give him 10 days to respond but he never does. He just sends your parts back. I wish I would have paid more attention to it then but it’s too late for me now.

Probably the most consistent theme i have heard for the last 20 years is SBT parts and engines are not good quality at all. Many many legitimate complaints.

Yup sbt are junk and it's great that they honor their warranty... But I'd rather put a motor in and not have to pull it back out, pay shipping (oh yeah its in the fine print) and reinstall. It would be alot easier to just put a quality motor in and let it buck.

They also cut the heads to decrease performance.

Pre 2007 they were rock solid. After 07 is when they started sourcing Chinese parts.

The only people that say they are good are people that only care about that sweet sweet profit margins.

Then there's that.... "SBT is the largest remanufacturer of PWC engines in the World." If their product was "junk" they wouldn't be in business very long. Some people like Ford, some like Chevy. Some might rather sell you their own version.. :D :D

Yeah it doesn't work that way. 1000s say it till their blue in the face that cheap Chinese parts are garbage... But there's always fresh nubies for them to prey on.

Ha ha. Now that's funny right there. The more you defend those postions the more your credibility deteriorates.

For what it's worth, my local marine shop recommended them. I got a second opinion at another reputable shop and he says they sometimes arrive bad, and to be careful. He knew of a local rebuilder who he strongly recommended over sbt.

So there has been consistent feedback that:
1) SBT honors their warranty
2) SBT has some quality issues with DOA engines
3) SBT ships a decent (not great) product at a good price on time, if it's not DOA

Then there's that.... "SBT is the largest remanufacturer of PWC engines in the World." If their product was "junk" they wouldn't be in business very long. Some people like Ford, some like Chevy. Some might rather sell you their own version.. :D :D

McDonalds sells the most burgers than anyone in the world, but do they make the best burger?

Just because SBT is a big company doesn’t mean they are any good. I currently have 4 friends with blown up SBT engines out of warranty. No I don’t want to mess with them. 2 787 RFI’s one 657X and a 787 carb. Not to mention a Yamaha 701 with crap porting and overcut cylinder head that is showing low compression.

No, I won’t say don’t buy them and they aren’t a quick rebuild with a warranty but don’t kid yourself they a a great OEM quality engine.

Ha ha. Now that's funny right there. The more you defend those postions the more your credibility deteriorates.
Truth hurts I guess. I can't tell you how many times an electrical troubleshooting call is resolved by taking cheap Chinese parts out and throwing them in the garbage.

But hey I only got 20 years of experience with specifically Seadoos, what do I know.

Good to hear you got your stuff. let me get this straight you sent things out in the summer of 2020. Now you received you parts back. I read through the threads briefly and assume you sent him a upper end for service and parts or just service. Just curious!

Good to hear you got your stuff. let me get this straight you sent things out in the summer of 2020. Now you received you parts back. I read through the threads briefly and assume you sent him a upper end for service and parts or just service. Just curious!
I sent my cylinders and rave valves the end of July 2020, tracking information showed he received it (well arrived at the post office where he picks them up at) the first week of August 2020. It was to bore and clearance the rave valves if needed and new pistons. I received them back yesterday.

So did he complete the work or just send your parts back?
Fortunately he completed the work. I sent a few messages to him saying just send them back so I could get someone else to do it. But in the end they were completed and now I have them back.

Fortunately he completed the work. I sent a few messages to him saying just send them back so I could get someone else to do it. But in the end they were completed and now I have them back.
Since he had your parts for a YEAR, did he give you any kind of break on the price? I think I already know the answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back