Full Bore rebuilds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal GTI

Whats up with this outfit?
I sent them my 717 in September as I was told then that if I sent with a $500 deposit for complete rebuild, they'd be able to get done by March / April 2020 (sned back after receiving the remainder of rebuild charge). Starting January I have been reaching out to them over and over via phone and email and get no response. Anyone have any insight?

Is that Dan Fairchild? We had a couple of phone conversations and he was helpful when I was troubleshooting a ski. I enjoyed talking to him. :) Engine building is a difficult business today, especially for jet skis. That sure seems like a long lead time but he may have a lot of work stacked up. I do my own engines because I have control over the time frame. Good Luck !

Understood engine rebuild is a difficult business, but I've also worked with people whom are forthright about what they'll do when and try to work toward a common goal. Good price, good job, good schedule. If things go south or delayed, if good communication, should be workable. These guys just don't seem to care about my buisness at all, given the fcat that they choose not to respond in any way. Shame .... I guess for me.

Go to the Seadoo 2-stroke forum on Facebook and join up. Full Bore is the only engine builder on the planet if you listen to those guys. :) Ohhhh... Dan Dan Dan.......... disgusting. LOL Anyway.... I digress. :) :)

Last edited:
Understood engine rebuild is a difficult business, but I've also worked with people whom are forthright about what they'll do when and try to work toward a common goal. Good price, good job, good schedule. If things go south or delayed, if good communication, should be workable. These guys just don't seem to care about my buisness at all, given the fcat that they choose not to respond in any way. Shame .... I guess for me.

Again, NAME? I'm in communication with Dan on the daily. PM me if you want

Go to the Seadoo 2-stroke forum on Facebook and join up. Full Bore is the only engine builder on the plant if you listen to those guys. :) Ohhhh... Dan Dan Dan.......... disgusting. LOL Anyway.... I digress. :) :)

Trying to see if I understand you correctly..

you state you call and have troubleshooting conversations with him a couple times. Ever spend a dime with Fullbore?

Then are you mocking him in your next post? And calling him disgusting?

I think I can mock the forum if I so choose. Did I say anything negative about Dan? Absolutely not but you can read into it whatever you want. You have a nice day.

I think I can mock the forum if I so choose. Did I say anything negative about Dan? Absolutely not but you can read into it whatever you want. You have a nice day.

" Ohhhh... Dan Dan Dan.......... disgusting."

That's how it reads to me, but as I said... I was trying to understand what you were saying?

:D :D . LOL "Oh... Dan Dan Dan....." is akin to a woman getting her cookies off. That's often the reaction on the forum when Dan speaks. :D :D That is what I call disgusting and to me it is. Ooooo Dan.... sign my autograph. Bawaaaheeeehaaa !!! He and I had a long discussion about that site. I don't go there any more. This is the only Seadoo site I frequent. Not too much BS on here at all.

:D :D . LOL "Oh... Dan Dan Dan....." is akin to a woman getting her cookies off. That's often the reaction on the forum when Dan speaks. :D :D That is what I call disgusting and to me it is. Ooooo Dan.... sign my autograph. Bawaaaheeeehaaa !!! He and I had a long discussion about that site. I don't go there any more. This is the only Seadoo site I frequent. Not too much BS on here at all.

Ok, that's all I was trying to understand. Gotcha.

I sent a top end off for a rebuild to them a couple years ago. Never bothered to call them during the process but it took about 3 months to get it turned around. I felt like that was a bit long but as a whole was a fairly reasonable turn around time.

Looking back at it it was an extremely reasonable turn around time based off my current experience with SES.

I sent them my motor in late July last year. Here we are almost 7 months later and I have still not received my motor back. Altogether I'm trying to be patient and look on the bright side which is it has to a 2 year warranty that starts the day I receive the motor. So getting it closer to summer only benefits the length of my warranty.

I never post about where I send my engines because it always seems to stir people up. :D :D I have a wonderful relationship with Tom at SES. Before I sent him an engine we had a few discussions on the process and business in general and a lot about engines. I respect Tom he is a great resource for me and I value our relationship. I'm sending him 2 engines this week. Last week Tom called me and told me that if I am holding any engines to send them because he is going to get really busy. :) As an aside, with Vendor/Suppliers and people in general, I believe it is the way we relate that causes inconsistencies and the problems. If I can have fun, make friends and have great working relationships.... I don't do it. I have a funny story I'm going to share when I get my 951 back from him. It will be a good read. :D :D Anyway... good luck to the OP and get those skis ready for Springtime !!! Touchdowns everyone !! :)

I can understand there are only a couple shops SES and FullBore that do jetski engine rebuilds with a warranty but they need to be honest and upfront with customers. If you tell someone it will be a few weeks and then 7 months later you still don't have an engine that is inexcusable and they need to be called out and blasted for it.

Nobody should be getting away with being months behind and not responding to customers.
DanSquires is being a great help but honestly you should not have to go through a third party to get a response from Fullbore or SES.

This is not something new for FullBore or SES. I have had FullBore do a top end and the work was good and they were very friendly and responsive but this was about 4 years ago and their delays have gotten more frequent. SES has a very long history of late deliveries I am not saying they are bad guys or doing anything shady at all but their long delays need to be front and center so the customers can decide if they can wait that long. In my opinion months to do a top end or engine is unacceptable and if this is how they are going to do business then I wouldn't recommend them.

As an example of the 3 month top end from NickCawks, I have been sending top ends to Group K for over 25 years. It's 3 days to ship and I call to confirm he received it and what is being done, within 7 days the machine work has always been finished and he calls and collects payment when all the work is done and in a box ready to ship then 3 days later I have my parts. In 25 years it has never taken more than 2 weeks for my top end to be back in my hands.

As much as I hate to say it at this time the only quick reliable turnaround with a warranty is SBT.

I can understand there are only a couple shops SES and FullBore that do jetski engine rebuilds with a warranty but they need to be honest and upfront with customers. If you tell someone it will be a few weeks and then 7 months later you still don't have an engine that is inexcusable and they need to be called out and blasted for it.

Nobody should be getting away with being months behind and not responding to customers.
DanSquires is being a great help but honestly you should not have to go through a third party to get a response from Fullbore or SES.

This is not something new for FullBore or SES. I have had FullBore do a top end and the work was good and they were very friendly and responsive but this was about 4 years ago and their delays have gotten more frequent. SES has a very long history of late deliveries I am not saying they are bad guys or doing anything shady at all but their long delays need to be front and center so the customers can decide if they can wait that long. In my opinion months to do a top end or engine is unacceptable and if this is how they are going to do business then I wouldn't recommend them.

As an example of the 3 month top end from NickCawks, I have been sending top ends to Group K for over 25 years. It's 3 days to ship and I call to confirm he received it and what is being done, within 7 days the machine work has always been finished and he calls and collects payment when all the work is done and in a box ready to ship then 3 days later I have my parts. In 25 years it has never taken more than 2 weeks for my top end to be back in my hands.

As much as I hate to say it at this time the only quick reliable turnaround with a warranty is SBT.

Unfortunately, you're not wrong. Fullbore (Dan Fairchild) realizes this pretty harshly, which has led to the birth of the A team that we've been working up for a year or two. Basically, it keeps Dano doing the good stuff while our team advises tech and PR. Also if there's a customer requesting install/service, we do the work if local. So, please, reach out to me on here.. it's what we're for.

Dan's largest problem is that people will call and chat up tech service, then never spend a dime with them. But if he doesn't take the calls, he's a scoundrel. A complete loss on both sides when it's a small family run business.

Unfortunately, you're not wrong. Fullbore (Dan Fairchild) realizes this pretty harshly, which has led to the birth of the A team that we've been working up for a year or two. Basically, it keeps Dano doing the good stuff while our team advises tech and PR. Also if there's a customer requesting install/service, we do the work if local. So, please, reach out to me on here.. it's what we're for.

Dan's largest problem is that people will call and chat up tech service, then never spend a dime with them. But if he doesn't take the calls, he's a scoundrel. A complete loss on both sides when it's a small family run business.
So Dan, are you an employee of FullBore?

I am sure Dan Fairchild is a great guy, in fact I spoke with him years ago when he did my cylinders and he was great. As a small family business I am sure he is under enormous pressure and feel for him but he needs to be realistic and not take more work than he can handle in a timely manner and I applaud him for trying to turn it around.

I know a few small service businesses that have a monthly "Purchase Window", their website is up all month but there is a popup as soon as you open it that basically says our "Purchase Window" will be open on the (insert date). Then for the week that has been advertised the window actually opens and there a set amount of slots available. So this company knows they can only get through a specific number of customers per month and are very upfront with the customers from the beginning. As their production capacity goes up or down they can adjust the window so that customers always know what they are getting and the company can process all orders. Yes, it sucks missing the window or missing out on a slot that month but it is better than waiting for months and just not knowing if your product will arrive or not.

So Dan, are you an employee of FullBore?

I am sure Dan Fairchild is a great guy, in fact I spoke with him years ago when he did my cylinders and he was great. As a small family business I am sure he is under enormous pressure and feel for him but he needs to be realistic and not take more work than he can handle in a timely manner and I applaud him for trying to turn it around.

Not an employee, just being a bro.
His quality is second to none, but we're trying to work through things. He is a great dude, which is his biggest downfall. We've had some pretty deep bitch-fests for him not doing things like charging when someone sends an engine for a rebuild that still has stators, pto's, etc.. he'll just take care of it because he's being a good guy, but adds a few hours to a build and gives out the bad press.

I've never gone to SBT because their process kinda scares me and has to do with usable core parts. I don't know if upcharging for cores is common place or not. Then you hear other things about them. So much misinformation and disinformation on the internet doesn't help the customer or the vendor.

Tom over at SES is a good guy. I spoke to him at length before sending him my motor and harbor no negative feelings towards him for the delay. He has responded to my inquiries about the progress promptly and never ignored me.

It has taken a significant time longer then I hoped but I understand that he's a busy fella and the same can be said about full bore.

I think the main issue is we are all super excited to get our skis up and running and that can cause is to be a little impatient about the potential lag in getting our motors back.

Sometimes we just need to take a step back and rest on the age old questions: do you want it done now? Or do you want it done right?

I kind of agree with etemp about possibly doing it yourself, but for me I prefer to send things to my local shop because the turn around time is usually 2-3 weeks. However they don't offer a warranty and to me (atleast for a full engine rebuild) I feel that the wait time is justified by the warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back