fuel pouring out jet when startup

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamohydroseed

help me fellas.
my 89sx hasnt been run since last summer. when i start it in the driveway it starts without choke really easily then fuel mixture blows out the back. sticky choke?

It could be, try lubing it if it seems like the cable is sticking...It's a 2 stroke so it just might be sticky rings on the pistons, from being stored over the winter. Go run it after you lube the cable. Check the plugs too for condition.

Karl

help me fellas.
my 89sx hasnt been run since last summer. when i start it in the driveway it starts without choke really easily then fuel mixture blows out the back. sticky choke?

your needles are sticking, inside the carbs. For this, the combustion chambers are filling up with fuel, and once the start/stop button was hit, the excess fuel rushed out the exhaust system. Either pull the carbs and go thru them or get it fired up, in hopes, it lubes the carbs' circuitry inside and fixes itself. If that route, mix your gas at 40/1. It'll run rich, but only downfall is wet/fouled plugs for the first tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back