Almost Sunk On 1st Ride: Open to Possible Solutions/Suggestions???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rxp_C

Yesterday I took out my recently purchased 05 rxp (93 hrs/ riva: intake grate, free flow exhaust, air intake, metal washers @ 91 hrs) . After clearing the booeys not even a quarter mile out after hitting the throttle hard my sensor came on for engine temperature at 86 degrees which isn't hot @ all, opened the seat & saw signs of water entry but couldn't tell from where. I immediately started heading back to shore & after starting it back up it slowly started sinking & the engine starts missing while im idling back to shore. Thankfully I wasn't too far out, By the time I got it out of water the water level was close to being halfway inside the hull. Put it back on the trailer and checked it out and my cousin found my drive shaft clamp was loose but that was just the beginning. After flushing the water out until it finally fired up we found my exhaust manifold hose was off which was why my sensor came on & why I almost sunk. Couldn't find the hose clamp inside the hull so we put a new one on. Changed all 3 spark plugs & checked the engine oil which came out milky (creamy). We drained as much as we could out & put about 1 qt & 1/2 just to test ride since we were short on time to ride. The ski fired right up and ran perfect halfway around the lake until my "Check Engine" signal popped up & the engine shut off completely while going @ a high speed. Tried starting it after and it's turning over but won't fire up. Any suggestions on what my problem could be??? The engine is getting compression, the Ecu had a little water in it, checked engine oil after & no more signs of the milky look just oil on the dipstick but that doesn't mean all the water is out. Maybe electrical?.. It's going to the shop 1st thing in the Am. -Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back