2003 Seadoo GTX taking on water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

MOseadoo816

Hello all. First post so be gentle. :) I just purchased a 2003 seadoo gtx and test drove it when I bought it. We used it today for the first time and after about an hour, it took on water about 1/3 of the way up the hull and the back end began to sink. We got it back on the trailer and pulled the drain plugs. We took a hose and started to fill the hull with water and water began to pour out of the two holes that hold the lower pump bracket. I'm not sure what the name of them are. I'm hoping it's not the driveshaft bellows but I'm ruling everything outIMG_3729.jpg. Thanks for any help you can give.

Riva Racing used to sell a block off kit so you can delete the O.P.A.S vanes and linkage. I'm not sure if the kit is still available. On one of my 2002 skis, the water was coming into the hull from the fitting at the 12 O'clock position above the jet pump. Riva used to sell a plate for that fitting too.

Take your ski to the boat ramp and back it in; remove the seat support and air tube. Use a bright flashlight and look for water entering the hull; if you don't see any water entering; start the engine and look again.

looks like the previous owner tried to stop the leak with some black RTV in that spot.

O.P.A.S = Off Power Assisted Steering (diagram link below)
2003 Sea-Doo GTX 4-TEC Off Power Assisted Steering | Xtreme Powersports SeaDoo

I have an 03 GTX 4-tec that leaks as well. Been changing a lot of seals and rubber but no luck. I did wonder about that area you are showing. Perhaps I'll consider the block off that mkov608 suggested.
It is in the shop right now. They are backed up three weeks, so we will see what happens. My guess is the boots are shot on both sides. I just bought this and I'm not very happy. I don't see any reason to fix it, just block it.

Get that block off kit & install it yourself. If you saw water coming out of there, then stop it. much cheaper than taking it to the shop.

Get that block off kit & install it yourself. If you saw water coming out of there, then stop it. much cheaper than taking it to the shop.
I will be doing that, but I also could move the carbon seal with very little effort so they are going to check on that. What line gets blocked off with the bolt that comes with the kit? The top of the pump at the 12:00 position?

There is a small rubber hose that connects to the top of the pump and to a fitting just above the pump that comes through the hull. Its maybe 5-6" long. Easy to see if you get down and look just above the jet pump. I believe that hose gets deleted with the kit. I'm not sure what it does. Maybe mkov608 could give further insight.

I got a couple special tools and did my Carbon ring and bellows last year. Really not too bad IF you have the right tools.

If you're doing the carbon ring. I HIGHLY recommend replacing the Bearing and bellows off the PTO. Its the 2nd rubber bellows that sits right between the carbon seal and the engine. If that fails, you will leak engine oil into your hull. I just had mine fail on my 03 GTX. Got to use my special tools again! :)

Back