2018 (possible 2019?) rxt-x missing otas sensor completely with code.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey guys. I picked up a 2018 rxtx a couple months ago. Supposedly was in limp mode because of a damaged cluster. Replaced cluster (programmed to ECU) and plugs. No change. Compression is consistent across the board at 145,146,145. Fuel pump seems to be working as it should and primes to 56 ish psi and maintains while running per a gauge I installed permanently. Oil looks great after running. Tested coils and injectors. One injector was toast and 23% less flow than the other two. I have three that I flow tested within 1-2%. That helped some and smoothed out idle, etc. engine currently feels like it's in limp mode. Maybe 20% of throttle but seems to run fine otherwise. Won't get on plane. Plugs now look normal so I'd guess it's something to do with the ECU or the otas p1550 code. I was told the otas sensor shouldn't put it in limp mode. But I'm running out of possibilities.

It's registered as a 2018. But it's completely missing an otas sensor (including the magnets) and has no harness connector for a sensor at all. I've been running in circles trying to find answers for this without posting something that's maybe already been asked. I saw the couple threads about this code. And they don't help because I literally don't have the sensor or a connector anywhere on the harness for one. Maybe it was put back together wrong, but I'm tired of throwing parts at it.

So, do all 2018 and 2019 rxt-x skis have the otas sensor? The ECU may have been replaced on this and maybe they did something funky? My steering harness that runs to the front doesn't have a connector for the otas sensor.

Thank you guys for any help. I've been searching for about 2 weeks and really would like to know if I'm supposed to have one or if they did away with them at some point.

Back