Can't find oil leak RXP-260

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I have a 2012 RXP-260. Almost 300 hours on her and nothing but perfection!

Last time I was on the water, every time I let off the throttle, I kept getting the low oil indicator. So, I pulled her out, and checked the oil, only to find out that it was almost bone dry. I do routine checks every time I ride... It was at the correct level before going out, and empty when I got back in.
I ended up putting another quart of oil in her, took it out again, and after 20 minutes of riding.... I got the indicator and checked.... oil was empty again.

I have found forums saying it could be the oil cooler, the drive shaft leaking, or the oil filter.
I replaced the filter, no leaks or issues there... I'm leaning towards the oil cooler but that's a big job to do if its not the thing that is leaking.

Before I rip the machine apart... is there anywhere that you guys can think of that I should be checking for the leak?

Often its the drive line oil seal,,,dumb question,,,is there oil in the hull?,,,if yes,,,great,,,you are in luck.
Or,,it could be rings or valve seals,,,have you checked compression?

Often its the drive line oil seal,,,dumb question,,,is there oil in the hull?,,,if yes,,,great,,,you are in luck.
Or,,it could be rings or valve seals,,,have you checked compression?
It seems like all the oil is leaking into the hull... haven't seen any oil in the water at all.

Putting my 2005 215 back together. Have most of the service manual memorized by now :confused:
There is a weep hole on the water pump / oil pump / PTO housing. If the seal between the 2 starts to leak, it will leak either antifreeze or oil depending which side of the seal fails, into the hull.
Not sure if your year is the same but you may want to wipe it down and look for signs of leaking.

1698200133702.png

Putting my 2005 215 back together. Have most of the service manual memorized by now :confused:
There is a weep hole on the water pump / oil pump / PTO housing. If the seal between the 2 starts to leak, it will leak either antifreeze or oil depending which side of the seal fails, into the hull.
Not sure if your year is the same but you may want to wipe it down and look for signs of leaking.

View attachment 64439
Wow. Okay thank you!!! I will check when I get home later today and let you know what I find!

Back