Who's buying one for sure??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
I want a bigger fuel tank! Maybe take up some of that front bin space. I would LOVE a 100 mile range vs my current 60.

Also, will the plastic hulls be able to take a rock and not shatter?

I don't mind waiting, it gives me more time to save up. I'm not going to finance if i don't have too. Also like Joez said gives me time to read reviews.

wait and see mode here, 1) gotta try it first, 2) gotta see what mods can be done.

But since I "am/was" actively shopping for a #2 ski, I might hold off on anything except the deal to end all deals while I wait to check this thing out, I like the idea of being under warranty for a price close to what I was going to pay for a used 4 stroke

Talked to the local dealer in my area today and they do not have any literature yet and currently will not take deposits. They are saying sometime next week they will have literature.

As soon as they are ready I'm ordering two. My wife is currently picking out Her color. Still wavering between the braking system or manual reverse.

I just got second hand confirmation that the IBR version is delayed slightly and will be out in Feb.

Talked to the local dealer in my area today and they do not have any literature yet and currently will not take deposits. They are saying sometime next week they will have literature.

As soon as they are ready I'm ordering two. My wife is currently picking out Her color. Still wavering between the braking system or manual reverse.

The brake system also gives you a neutral. Having it start in neutral is a pretty nice feature. My second ski has the IBR system and it is VERY nice...

Another great feature of it is,, if you let someone else ride the ski, it is a natural action for them to hit the brake if they are going to hit something...

sounds to me like the market is about to be flooded with older 2 strokes that will be available at really good prices.

I really like how small and lightweight the Spark is. But 45-50mph will not cut it for me personally. Will definitely need to have some aftermarket parts released to get more out of that engine.

The aftermarket is coming, guaranteed. Plus, even at 50mph because of how small it is and low to the water, the Spark still feels pretty fast.

I want a bigger fuel tank! Maybe take up some of that front bin space. I would LOVE a 100 mile range vs my current 60.

And on what machine is this? I went out riding Monday with a full tank, did about 50ish miles and didn't even use half a tank.

Hey Jake,

You and SDB have been pretty quiet about the Spark, I'm interested in your thoughts.

Lou

Hey Jake,

You and SDB have been pretty quiet about the Spark, I'm interested in your thoughts.

Lou

Well Lou, you know I'm no expert mechanic but I'm surprised that it only has 80 HP and the top speed is a bit low, but for recreational riding (which us old farts do) it looks like a fun ski in the videos I watched. I could be wrong, but it seems it will handle similiar to our GSX's but with better fuel economy. I've kind of been just following the discussions from afar because I'm just not in the market for a new ski right now. I really like my 2 GSX's, both run good and each only have 100 hours, so I figure I got a few more good years in them. I only got on he water 3 times all year, so at that rate I may wear out before the skis.

Also, will the plastic hulls be able to take a rock and not shatter?

The range with the stock fuel tank will be incredible...I promise you that. With tons of aggressive riding it barely touched it. I was talking with Kevin Wassum, one of our PWC Muscle sponsored riders, who is featured in the commercial, and he probably has about 30 hours on the Spark. He said after about 8 hours of riding, they'd refill the tanks with only about 4 gallons.

Also during filming of one of the commercials, one of the actors who is not a regular rider misjudged a turn and at high speed put the Spark into a tree. Kevin said when he saw it happening, he thought the thing was going to shatter. The Spark bounced off with just a scuff and the rider bailed and was fine. This Polytec is up to the challenge.

I'm not too familiar with the polytech hull, have been reading a lot about it though. But I am very familiar with white water kayak hulls. They are made of plastic, different from the polytech but similar in a lot of regards. I bang mine on rocks and scrape it and boof (bounce) it all the time. It scrapes up pretty bad but holds together great. And I can sand down the scrapes and it looks like new. It's thick so there is plenty to take off if you want. However most kayakers just leave it. Adds character. I would imagine the spark's hull can be sanded and buffed back to like new.

I'm no scientist but with todays technology advances I would be willing to bet that plastic hull is far more durable than the good ole fiberglass.

I am hoping to be able to pickup a 02 XP for $1k in a few years, running! thanks spark! lol.

I get about 60 miles on 14-15 gallons now with a 951. The fuel consumption works out to about 4 hours of riding.

the spark's consumption vs tank also works out to about 4 hours of riding... so I'm curious to the range. The way you can split the hull, it almost looks like that if you sacrifice storage, you could fit another 5 gallons of fuel in there!

the spark's consumption vs tank also works out to about 4 hours of riding... so I'm curious to the range. The way you can split the hull, it almost looks like that if you sacrifice storage, you could fit another 5 gallons of fuel in there!

Their fuel consumption formula they used was kinda strange and I don't think fully represents how efficient the Spark is. Maybe 4 hours of WOT and you're done, but I put 3.5 hours on the same machine in one stint and it was still over half full.

yea; i'm sure they used eco mode and all that and were very gentle to post the GPH numbers.

I can average 60 miles on my skis, which is far, but I'd like to go even further!

Heh I'm saying they didn't go easy on them. We used less gas than we should have.

Back