Who's buying one for sure??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

CReynoldsMIZ

Man, I dont think in the few years I have hung out here I have seen anything take over the forum quite like the new Spark here is doing. That being said, on some of the threads it looks like some of the regulars are already putting down payments in order to get their hands on one. That being said, I am pretty ready to jump off the cliff and put money down for one as well as getting rid of the 96 XP.

Who else is already made up their mind that they are getting one? Isnt it kinda scary jumping into a BRAND new product with no history and something that only like one of us on the forum has gotten to see in person? Also, if you are willing to put down the money right now, as per my dealer it sounds like they are going to go out the door like hotcakes, which model will you be choosing? Right now I am looking pretty soundly at the 3 seater model, with reverse, but no iBR, not sure if that is worth whatever it will cost. Also, do you really think you can get three people on this thing? It looks kinda small to sit 3 ppl but then again I havent seen one in person.

Also, what is the chances you guys think we can get this thing up to 55mph? 50 is kinda slow, 55 is just about perfect for someone who isnt 100% addicted to speed...

Lets start a list of who will be buying, when they will, and what they are going to get!

Hi Chris,

I'm getting close to getting one, however I want to see one in person first, I'm interested especially to see the fit and finish. I'm just a little bit leery about an all plastic ski. If you get a little dock rash on a fiberglass ski you can usually repair it by buffing it out, not so sure about these. I think I'll probably just wait and see. You know if they run out, SeaDoo will make more.

I'm also a little disappointed about the top speed, but actually I rarely go over 50 anyway, we boat at a small lake. But it would be nice to have a little extra.

Lou

Added: This is not an if it's when I get one I'm getting a yellow one, high output, no brake, no reverse, I really don't think these options are needed on a small ski, it still should be under six grand. Also these should fit nicely on a 2-stroke trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are definitely getting one, at the very least as a PWC Muscle test boat. It won't top out at 50mph for long, I promise you that.

Hi Chris,

I'm getting close to getting one, however I want to see one in person first, I'm interested especially to see the fit and finish. I'm just a little bit leery about an all plastic ski. If you get a little dock rash on a fiberglass ski you can usually repair it by buffing it out, not so sure about these. I think I'll probably just wait and see. You know if they run out, SeaDoo will make more.

I'm also a little disappointed about the top speed, but actually I rarely go over 50 anyway, we boat at a small lake. But it would be nice to have a little extra.

Lou

I doubt it will be to long before someone has a means to increase the HP/Speed. This thing is going to sell and cause the aftermarket world to jump all over it.

If I was looking for a third ski for something to throw on a swim platform or to have at a cottage, I buy one in an instant..

Well considering the wife has already designed her pink one with ibr, chill shade, and graphics, it looks like ill be owning one or 2

Well considering the wife has already designed her pink one with ibr, chill shade, and graphics, it looks like ill be owning one or 2

For sure,,,
If the wifey wants one you ARE getting one... LOL

It does make it MUCH easier to buy toys when the spouse wants it...

"Gee dear,,,, that sounds like a great idea..."

all i wanna know is -- WHAT OIL DO YOU USE ... lol and can i use peanut oil in it ???? Wesson ??? :facepalm::cheers::thumbsup:

I'm with Lou on this one. It's not IF... but When.

I haven't bought a NEW ski since 2001. (and it was a Yamaha) And... I've been wanting a 4-stroke ski for a long time. Also... this will be a test bed for potential new parts coming out of my shop.

But, I'm not putting any $$ down, until I get a few real answers on the prices.

I think I want an Orange one. Originally, I was thinking the 3-up version... but it looks like it will add $1400 to the price tag. So, I started thinking... I may be able to latch a 2-up version on the Island somehow.

Regardless... we have at least a week before the local dealers know anything.

I am going Friday to put my nonrefundable $500 deposit down. I am going for the white 2 up possibly with the ho and storage compartment.
My dealer is promised 59 of them and deposits are being accepted now.

How are you viewing those options? Everytime I go on Seadoos site it shows the build your seadoo option is not available yet. I can see specs and most of the other links.

How are you viewing those options? Everytime I go on Seadoos site it shows the build your seadoo option is not available yet. I can see specs and most of the other links.

On the Canadian website (www.sea-doo.ca) click on water craft at the top and then spark. If you scroll down there is a tab for accessories on the right. It doesn't list all the accessories just a few.

Im getting a 2 up HO with IBR(depending on $$) in either white orange or yellow. I want to see the colors first hand. My dealer does not get them until mid February so I will have to wait until then.

That is strange that a candian company is charging Candians $600 more when our dollar is about the same. I remember in the 90s when our dollar got us $1.55 but now its close to even.

That is strange that a candian company is charging Candians $600 more when our dollar is about the same. I remember in the 90s when our dollar got us $1.55 but now its close to even.

Yea I know its ridiculous, but then again there is 3 times the number of buyers in US vs Canada. I m hoping to be out the door for under $7k

I would consider buying one had I not purchased a Wake Pro 215 to accompany my 155 GTX. I'd have to drive it first...then again for about $6k...ahhh heck I would just buy one.

We will definitely be getting one. JoeZ has ridden it and is very impressed.

talked to my local dealer yesterday and i was the first caller :D

He said i only need to put $100 down and said i can have my choice of whichever i want when they arrive (early Feb. he said) And good news is he said they would refund my deposit if i decided the spark wasnt for me.

I will be going with the 2 up H.O., either white/black or orange//black

And out of my 3 skis now (two 99spxs, one 96xp) i will be selling my 96xp sense there a dime a dozen but i will definetly be keeping my two 99spxs!! I will own an X4 til the day i die.

I saw this on CL this morning. This is a dealer just north of Louisville, KY. I did notice something I haven't seen in other pictures, there is a rub rail of sorts, it looks like it snaps on where the hull and the deck meet. I sure would like to see one in person before I buy. I also don't understand BRP's marketing strategy, all the hype is now but you can't get one until after the first of the year? And most of us won't be able to ride until April-May.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/bod/4074208834.html

I realize that $6000.00 (HO model) is cheap for a PWC but it's still $6000.00. I guess I'll wait until the second batch is available, if BRP runs out I'm sure they will make more.

Lou

I saw this on CL this morning. This is a dealer just north of Louisville, KY. I did notice something I haven't seen in other pictures, there is a rub rail of sorts, it looks like it snaps on where the hull and the deck meet. I sure would like to see one in person before I buy. I also don't understand BRP's marketing strategy, all the hype is now but you can't get one until after the first of the year? And most of us won't be able to ride until April-May.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/bod/4074208834.html

I realize that $6000.00 (HO model) is cheap for a PWC but it's still $6000.00. I guess I'll wait until the second batch is available, if BRP runs out I'm sure they will make more.

Lou

By waiting if there are any bugs you will likely know of them,,,

I did notice something I haven't seen in other pictures, there is a rub rail of sorts, it looks like it snaps on where the hull and the deck meet.

That is an optional rub rail and you suggested. Not needed for everyone...I personally have no interest in it (but the fenders seem nice).

At the $6k price point, why not just finance?

Also, all new models are introduced well before they are available. Look at the new Corvette C7...debuted in January and ships this month. MUCH longer wait than the ~3 months we have.

That is an optional rub rail and you suggested. Not needed for everyone...I personally have no interest in it (but the fenders seem nice).

At the $6k price point, why not just finance?

Also, all new models are introduced well before they are available. Look at the new Corvette C7...debuted in January and ships this month. MUCH longer wait than the ~3 months we have.

Joe,

I know what you're saying, however this is a little different situation. As a consumer I would be much more likely to buy now, because I would have the opportunity to ride it now, we still have about a month of riding here. What good would it do me to buy one in January, I guess I could park it in the garage and go out and look at it for 4-5 months. I would also loose that time on the warranty.

I also think it's irrelevant that it's a 2014, Jeep released their 2014 models back in early summer. I guess what I'm saying, in my opinion for a seasonal product (in most parts of the country), the timing was way off.

Lou

In pitt.... we have Locks on the rivers... and most of the interior walls SUCK !!!!! On a boat, we use fenders... but on a Ski... it's just a pain... so my "Rub rails" are a little ugly from that. BUT... a replaceable, or up-graded rail would be nice.

Heck.... if this thing had better storage... I would sell both of my skis. But, since I do some long (destination) rides... it's hard to get rid of my Genesis. (+30 gal of storage and 19 gal of fuel)

Actually... the one video said they have been in production for 6 weeks, and North America will start to see them in October. But who knows... that may only be at the big, warm weather dealers. (AZ, CA, FL)

I can understand where you are coming from. For better or worse, Sea-Doo does have a history of releasing new model information this time of year for a January launch.

Perhaps it gives perspective buyers time for user reviews to come out? Make plans for the summer?

Back