Trim tab on 96 speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

moorespeed

I'm new so please let e know if I'm doing somethIng wrong. Im wanting to add a trim tab on my speedster. Due to the twin engines and reading other people's posts, I'm going to have to place it in the center. My problem is the Speedo and plug are in the way. I'm not worried about the Speedo much and I'm thinking I can trim the tab bracket around the plug. What are your thoughts on which trim tab to use? I have about a 9inch wide surface there. Thanks

Attachments

• 20151018_163613.jpg
    20151018_163613.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 20151018_163607.jpg
    20151018_163607.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 81
I have the same boat and was thinking about making my own similar to this one. I also don't mind losing speedo function and cutting trim tab around drain plug. The 14' boats are small have a lot of porpoising so I hope that adding a adjustable trim tab would help. I have not done it yet though so keep me posted on results.

Attachments

• trim tab 4.jpg
    trim tab 4.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 69
Now that's what I'm talking about. I like the look of that. I have a fabricator friend that I'll get in touch with soon. Thanks for the feed back, and I'll keep you posted.

Ok sorry for taking so long to get back. Today I just got hold of my buddy, he's coming over Sat. To get measurements, and pics. He's pretty backup up but said he'd have it done in December some time. No worries since the boats winterized now. So I'll be sure to up load pics when I get it back.

96 speedster custom trim tab

Ok, again sorry it took so long but I've got the tab on the boat and it works great. Really keeps the boat in the water and help tremendously with cutting threw the waves. I have a 40lb piston on it now. I will be upgrading to an 80lb when I get the chance. And then I'm expecting even better proformance. I loose about 5mph on the top end. I'll take it though for a smoother ride. Now the speedometer was relocated to the rear of the tab. So I had to splice it...well it didn't work. It's very difficult splicing the speedo and just didn't work. But if I did it again I would just put the speedo to the front of the tab right against the hull like it wold be simular to the originally placement. But over all it does the job and I'm pleased .

20160505_152743.jpg20160505_180949.jpg20160505_181012.jpg20160505_181038.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty slick moorespeed. Check out the candoo gps speedo. Its supposed to be super accurate and takes away the lies your paddle wheel has been telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back