Thinking of doing a how to on buffing hulls, Seeing if anyone would even be interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetskigoodies

Thinking of doing a how to on buffing hulls,Seeing if anyone would even be interested

I have buffed out many hulls and I have had great results from even the worst looking hulls. I just got 2 95 xps that are in really rough shape and will be buffing them soon. I was thinking in maybe taking pictures step by step and putting them in a how to. I recently did one on restoring faded hoods and got little responce to that. So before I do the effort of making one I was just seeing if anyone would be interested in it. Here is a few of pictures of the finished product.

and I dont have any special polishers or buffers everything came from the local auto store, I just tried a few different products until I found the ones that worked best

Attachments

• buff5.jpg
    buff5.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 118
  • buff4.jpg
    buff4.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 105
  • jamies 3.jpg
    jamies 3.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 101
  • jamies 2.jpg
    jamies 2.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 94
  • cover 5.jpg
    cover 5.jpg
    932.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited by a moderator:
here is a few more pics

Attachments

• buff6.jpg
    buff6.jpg
    446.5 KB · Views: 62
  • buff7.jpg
    buff7.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 57
  • buff8.jpg
    buff8.jpg
    908.4 KB · Views: 64
  • buff9.jpg
    buff9.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 56
  • buff10.jpg
    buff10.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 59
and a few more

Attachments

• buff11.jpg
    buff11.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 47
  • buff12.jpg
    buff12.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 42
  • buff13.jpg
    buff13.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 42
  • buff14.jpg
    buff14.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 54
  • seadoo.jpg
    seadoo.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50
Sure... a "How to" would be good.

People ask all the time, but I don't think that we have a pictorial on here.

BTW... nice graphics. :thumbsup:

It's what I need the worst! This FL sun has not been kind(nor has the salt). I have gotten deep into the mods and repairs but need to learn how to make them pretty again.

Please do! That is next on my list! I'm trying to wait til the fall to start patching a few chips and scratches. After that she'll need a good buff.

May a suggest a video? just throw it on YouTube.
and we DO expect to see hot girls in bikins washing that ski before you buff it. Rubbing big soapy bubbles all over and carressing it and ... oh baby..rubbing and buffing and.... oh.......oh... um, i gotta go.

I think you would have trouble finding a more positive response than this. Hope your calling the modeling agency to hire those girls for the video.:drool5:

yea i buff mine out to but it would nice to see if u do it like me, can always use tips on stuff

yes please make a video or a how to with materials needed. i have 2 skis and 2 jetboats that need a buff sooooooo badly its not even funny. i dont mind putting in some hardcore elbow grease if its gonna make my toys shine again.
100_3326.jpg

I am in as well! I am looking for info on how to take care of scratches that are deep enough to show white on a red ski. Tried to get the Gel Coat repair kit to match the paint but it didnt work out.

Would be great. I have been throwing that idea around as i have two skis that need a reallly good buffing. I have bought some random things that supposedly would work but I dont know if im just doing it wrong. so your how to would greatly be appreciated and when done I will also post pics of my experience with your info that I learn.

Ok, well with the overwhelming responce i will be starting on one on sunday and i will get the thread up probably monday.

great idea i think everyone should take some time and give there toys a little tlc lets keep the older skis around longer looking brand new when i buff my ski im used to painting cars so i go over it with machine glaze rubbing compound and yes i do used a rotating buffer if you know how to use one it makes a world of difference than a orbital buffer than take some swirt remover and after buff it out with 3 nice coats of wax ive got so many compliments im willing to help this forum make a name also message me if you want help . glad to see guys like me care about how there toys look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back