Sea-Doo Spark Review - X4 Enthusiasts Rejoice! The Spark is here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
:ban:
OK, you are officially banned for bashing Ford. Just kidding :lols: Yeah, Ford really blew it on the T-bird, as well as the 6.0. I think Sea Doo has a real gem here, as long as, they keep up with and correct any problems that come up.

Sorry.....

I will put myself on a 10 day ban.

Has anyone figured out where a fire extinguisher might be on the Spark? In my State, it is mandatory to have an onboard extinguisher.

It's under the seat.

Unlike a regular ski... lifting the seat doesn't show you the engine. So... you HAVE to split the hull every time you want to look inside.

It's under the seat.

Unlike a regular ski... lifting the seat doesn't show you the engine. So... you HAVE to split the hull every time you want to look inside.

There is a small access hatch that is on the port side. Enables access for BUDS. Also the "gas cap" on the starboard side is for the dipstick. Real gas cap is under the seat.

Well, they're not exactly selling them, they're taking orders, so is my local dealer.

Lou

Well, they're not exactly selling them, they're taking orders, so is my local dealer.

Lou

Heres my go to dealer...Everything is better in Minnesota!

1234311_10153223910450104_1513305901_n.jpg

Oh, and I think Fords blow donkey nutz too...but you better not be talkin chit about the T-bird...get you some of this.

Haha! Nice Nick.

That car brings back some memories for me. I called mine the cherry popper. :)

Okay!... back to the topic at hand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Supply and demand does effect pricing but I doubt it will effect the spark. The low price is one of its main selling points so why would you raise it. Now an increase in 2015 wouldn't surprise me. Only bad thing about the low price is there is no room to strike a deal on a discount. Because the demand will no doubt be high I'd be willing to bet dealer freebies like covers and such will be hard to find as well. No way there is as much profit in a $5000 ski as there is in a $18000 ski. Dealers won't have the profits to afford giving stuff away.
Not in my opinion anyway. On the flip side this may allow some great deals on some of the higher end skis if they aren't moving well.

Oh and Nick, that's a sweet T-bird. My wife had an 02 I believe it was with the 5.0 HO. Nice car. Kids came along in 98 and it was traded for a Windstar. :facepalm: And I agree Fords retro T-bird was a joke. Ugly as He**. Guess we know why it didn't stick around.

...... No way there is as much profit in a $5000 ski as there is in a $18000 ski. .........

You would be surprised. In most new "Toy" vehicles.... there is little profit. But that's the beauty of this ski. The real money is in the "Add-on's". AND, that's how they are marketing this.

I bet in the base ski... the dealer will make $200. (unless they add on a stupid high Setup fee) BUT... they will make 50% to 75% on the financed add-on's. So... if they get you to buy the 3-up version, convenience pack, fire extinguisher, and a cover.... they will make $600 on those parts alone. Why else, do you think they are charging $80 for the bumpers???

Oh... let's not forget about the extended warranty. They make 50% on those too. That's why if you shop around... you can find them cheap !!

I work pretty close to several local dealers with my shop... and every one of them say they make more money on a used bike (that was traded) than a new bike. (and we are talking $17k to $25K Victory's) One of my dealers is willing to take a wash on a new bike, if you are trading in something nice !!! He knows that he may only make $500 at sticker on a new bike... but he may be able to make $2k re-selling the trade.

I agree.

The competitive market is strong anymore that the dealers need to keep the prices low.

It's the same as new cars anymore. Years ago before the Internet this was not the case.

The base model is $5000.00 and $800.00 for the software upgrade. That's assuming no accessories, also it's the two seat model.

Lou

Oh and Nick, that's a sweet T-bird. My wife had an 02 I believe it was with the 5.0 HO. Nice car. Kids came along in 98 and it was traded for a Windstar. :facepalm: And I agree Fords retro T-bird was a joke. Ugly as He**. Guess we know why it didn't stick around.

I cant really take credit for it; It was my brother Jess' highschool car. Its a SC, lowered, shaved everywhere, fiberglass hood, etc. I can tell you how many times I slid sideways through an intersection. People would literally get out of their car at stop lights and give Jess High fives...lol

He sold it to my buddy who's got it up for sale currently.

Sorry I am the king of going off topic...carry on.

Oh and if you (or america's motorsports) think any dealer in the USA is going to have them in stock before the Watercraft dealer of the year is....they are sadly mistaken. (LOL well all the big dealers will be getting a few on or about the same day)

The base model is $5000.00 and $800.00 for the software upgrade. That's assuming no accessories, also it's the two seat model.

Lou

What?? Are you saying its a software update?.. Wow... So which means I should buy the $4999 one, wait for someone who can program it and buy the extension on the back?

What?? Are you saying its a software update?.. Wow... So which means I should buy the $4999 one, wait for someone who can program it ....

Possibly. But, it may void the warranty, regardless if they sell it that way.

........and buy the extension on the back?

The extension is for the 3-up version. I haven't seen if they are going to sell it extra.

Well I really don't know it the software update is done at the factory or at the dealer, but yes that's the difference between the 60hp and the 90hp. Personally I'm not surprised, I work at a car dealership and this is very common in the automobile industry.

Lou

On one these other threads the issue of the 3 up added later was discussed. Since the USCG issues certs and capacity limits, the 3 up will only be offered as part of the original purchase. However, I'm sure replacement parts will be available but you would not be able to recertify it as a 3er.

So I stopped by the Sea Doo dealer today on the way home from work and got a quote.
The $4999.99 is for the 2up 60hp model with no manual reverse, IBR or "convenience package." Just start and go.

I got a quote for a 2up 90hp with IBR, rear boarding step and storage compartment for $6600.00 each.
3up with everything would be $7200.00.

Back