Sea-Doo Spark Review - X4 Enthusiasts Rejoice! The Spark is here!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Hey, does anyone out there have any REAL consumption figures for the ACE engine? Somewhere I read that the 2.4 and 2.8 or w/e numbers they gave out to the public are averages of idling, stopping, and cruising. AVERAGES don't mean s*!t to me as that varies person to person. I would really like to know what this thing burns WOT in "sport" mode, but can't for the life of me find that anywhere. I would guess at max rpm and loaded, it probably eats (at least) 6gph. Still an improvement over our old two-stroke brethren, but nowhere near what they claim. I feel like they're trying to build hype and withholding actual fuel burn figures...

Hey, does anyone out there have any REAL consumption figures for the ACE engine? Somewhere I read that the 2.4 and 2.8 or w/e numbers they gave out to the public are averages of idling, stopping, and cruising. AVERAGES don't mean s*!t to me as that varies person to person. I would really like to know what this thing burns WOT in "sport" mode, but can't for the life of me find that anywhere. I would guess at max rpm and loaded, it probably eats (at least) 6gph. Still an improvement over our old two-stroke brethren, but nowhere near what they claim. I feel like they're trying to build hype and withholding actual fuel burn figures...

:facepalm: Max RPM and loaded and 6gph....any of this based in reality? Of course they don't want to release burn figures that give extremes and scare away potential customers before the PWC even first launches. Riding styles differ strongly between riders, and riding style plays a HUGE part in fuel consumption, much more than in a car. Do you only run max RPM and loaded for hours on end? Just don't see where that information will help anyone....

Not to mention the guys with the 600 ACE are getting 30 Mpg on the sleds. Just enjoy the increased fuel mileage, and have fun.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

So while at the inlet yesterday a guy rolled in on a Spark 90hp right next to me, so I chatted it up with the guy since I hadn't really checked one out yet. Long story short he offered for me to take it for a test spin! If I was in the market for a new ski--I'd be on it like white on rice. I rode it solo and with my son, just for a short bit. I love how narrow the seat is (didn't find it uncomfortable at all) it reminds me of my HX how I squeeze the seat while cutting a turn, and it pops like my XP. I'm diggin' it! This is also the very first 4 stroke ski I have ever ridden, it it was weird and cool all wrapped up into one. You just squeeze the trigger and it goes, the torque from the 4 stroke is crazy and it's pretty damn quite compared to my skis. The young man is pushing for one, so I told him to go bark up his mothers tree(where the big money comes from). He was spouting off to her how it's hull is recyclable plastic, great on gas, easy to operate. I think he's been hitting YouTube while I'm not looking or he was actually listening to me--for once.

So while at the inlet yesterday a guy rolled in on a Spark 90hp right next to me, so I chatted it up with the guy since I hadn't really checked one out yet. Long story short he offered for me to take it for a test spin! If I was in the market for a new ski--I'd be on it like white on rice. I rode it solo and with my son, just for a short bit. I love how narrow the seat is (didn't find it uncomfortable at all) it reminds me of my HX how I squeeze the seat while cutting a turn, and it pops like my XP. I'm diggin' it! This is also the very first 4 stroke ski I have ever ridden, it it was weird and cool all wrapped up into one. You just squeeze the trigger and it goes, the torque from the 4 stroke is crazy and it's pretty damn quite compared to my skis. The young man is pushing for one, so I told him to go bark up his mothers tree(where the big money comes from). He was spouting off to her how it's hull is recyclable plastic, great on gas, easy to operate. I think he's been hitting YouTube while I'm not looking or he was actually listening to me--for once.

Thats cool!

Back