New winter project 96xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toolanddiemaker

Well I finally found a cheap enough 96xp worthy of doing a resto on a buddy of mine got a line of a 96 with a seized motor that somebody did a horrible job switching to premix evidently they didn't loop the rotary cavity line or leave it hooked up to the tank so long story short the bronze gear and the crank are shot I plan on rebuilding they entire motor this winter. It's still has grey fuel lines so the fuel system will get a proper overhaul. Other than that the hull and everything on they outside looks to be in great shape. Aside from the sh&t show shape that the motor is in the ski seems to be a great prospect for a resto. Anyhow here are some pics I ended up paying 450$ for it, the trailer was junk so we gave it to my buddies dad for a small boat he is selling.
BTW the 95 800 in the pic is my buddies so this will be my first x4 I'm stoked my 93xp won't keep up with my buddies skis so it's going to the wife lol!

63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That hull, bumper and rub rail look super clean. The graphics don't even look sun faded. Where in MI are you? Good luck on the project!

That 95XP800 looks clean!

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!
Yea the hull was a mess but it's turning out to be a good project ski you can't really see from the pics but the graphics are in bad shape so I had some new ones made up and got rid of the old mats and I'm in the process of putting new hydroturf mats in.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You guys might not approve of these graphics but I can't stand the pink ones and wanted to do something different,I really love the 99 xps graphics so I thought I would have Mike from pwc graphics modify one of his kits
210.jpg

Yea the hull was a mess but it's turning out to be a good project ski you can't really see from the pics but the graphics are in bad shape so I had some new ones made up and got rid of the old mats and I'm in the process of putting new hydroturf mats in.

Did you order the graphics for the 95 from Mike?

95 XP800!!!
Keep the 2 strokes alive!

I dig the graphic swap. So much so I did it to my own:
215.jpg

I also re gel coated and trued the hull while I was at it.

Subscribed

Edit:

More Pics Added:

216.jpg

217.jpg

Note, I inverted the xp on each side to make it more similar to the original and less Spx like.

Last edited by a moderator:
215.jpg

Subscribed

Edit:

More Pics Added:

216.jpg

217.jpg

Note, I inverted the xp on each side to make it more similar to the original and less Spx like.
Wow that's a really nice ski good job!

215.jpg

Subscribed

Edit:

More Pics Added:

216.jpg

217.jpg

Can you post some pics of your bars please. Your ski makes me want to leave my stock hood on

I like your graphics too. Mine was done by some previous owner and are a combination of 99' SPX and XP Limited.

Attachments

• 20150207_182507-1.jpg
    20150207_182507-1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited by a moderator:
I like your graphics too. Mine was done by some previous owner and are a combination of 99' SPX and XP Limited.

Nice! it's seems like everyone has the typical pink 96 graphics it's cool to see others out there going against the norm. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the minty stock skis out there but I like to personalize my projects.

Just finished the decals and hydroturf I think they turned out pretty good I'm thinking I will recover the seat with a hydroturf seat cover that's black and silver but I haven't decided on that yet
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg

I would suggest the JetTrim covers over the Hydroturf. A little more money but they are so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back